+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hello there!

I agree with the "FML" sentiment lol.

Although I could tell you what I think, at this stage it seems to me that bulk and miniaturization assessments are the way to go.

As for me, well, I don't know if I have it or not. It's very prevalent on my dad's side, and it affects at least one of my three brothers thus far. But in any case, I went to my doctor earlier this year and talked to him about it. I asked to see a dermatologist, but he wanted to skip that step, and so we did. So I've been on finasteride since May and I don't even have a diagnosis. This isn't the way you're supposed to start off, but I will look into seeing one at some point if possible. I'm not sure that would even be covered...

I look forward to any future updates if you have them. In any case, if it really is happening to us, at least we can treat it effectively. If you can get on finasteride, you've got a 90% chance of either holding ground or growing hair. And I often wonder what would have happened in the other 10% had they then been put on dutasteride for, say, 5 years following the finasteride study.

I have a dermatologist follow-up appointment in 8 days. I hope I get a different doctor who can maybe see that I'm thinning at my hairline and nape. The nape is insanely obvious... hairline is a bit harder to tell, but easy to see if you know anything about hair loss. Crown probably doesn't look like it's thinning to most people (since I already have a cowlick) but it definitely is starting to thin out.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningHairFML View Post

Look young enough to the point where the dermatologist said "You're a little young for Propecia right now." ... I guess she didn't look at my age on her paperwork. Eesh!

Thanks for the kind words. I know that my hair loss is probably not noticeable at all to most though. I even said "I probably look like a hypochondriac coming in here." at my last dermatologist appointment, but it's been laying differently, feels thinner, and I've been losing a good amount of hair ... that adds up to something that needs a look. Apparently none of the doctors think hair loss means anything! My initial appointment for a physical a little over a month ago where I asked my doctor (who's completely bald now and used to wear a toupee) about hair loss, all he said was "It's not male pattern baldness." because my hair's thinning in weird spots. It's more noticeable when my hair is shorter. Here's a picture from August or so:
    Hydrocortisone helps if your hair loss is immune system related. What is your family history of hair loss? You should get a HairCheck in order to accurately track hair mass.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Hey man I posted on another thread of yours and I'll post here too just incase it emails you or something that I replied this is what I said in the other post:

Hey I signed up for this forum JUST Because I saw everything ThinningHairFML has been posting..

Thinning hair I HAVE THE EXACT same issue happening, honestly all your photos legit look like me.

Morning my hair looks like shit, dull, flat awful.
    A shower does seem to fix it exactly like yours

But the back and sides, if my hair isnt longish, it looks like Diffused DUPA or something I have no idea, have you found anything else out for yours?

I have been on Fin for just over 3 months because of this issue, (I have slight receding hairline on both sides as well and the same Small Bald spot at the top like yours)

I feel like the Fin is working OKAY at best for the receding but the back I'm not sure because I haven't had a haircut since starting my FIN (I'm almost scared because of how bad it looks in the back, lol)

Anyways man have you found anything else out about this problem? I sent you a F/R maybe we can get in touch or something.

P.S sorry for the BUMP