+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

These threads make my blood boil! These bloody stupid derms and doctor! I learned the hard way what a bunch of id*ots.

They robbed me for my hard earned money and left me without any hope until I joined these forums and got real help! That's why I'm around to help people to put those wa*kers out of pocket as I seriously hate them with passion, they are robbing thieving gits.

See my thread and show this to your derm, tell them never in hell would they have regrown my hair the way I did .

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...582&highlight=

Great re growth, are you still using promox after dr Klein passed away?

I saw a derm who would have prescribed me propecia but did mention I have lots of hair still so after thinking about it I decided to hold off. Its been about 5 years and I still havent tried it but still have most of my hair its a very slow thing for me. He did say he cant tell if your going bald just looking until half your density is gone. So you could lose a lot of hair without it being immediately noticeable to others. He had tons of guys on propecia and said it was super safe. I guess it all depends who you talk to.
    I went to a different derm first and she refused to prescribe it to me. So it really does depend who your doc or derm is. Some docs dont know anything about it or have that old mind set that its not even a problem

Man is it ever frustrating. I look at myself from the front in the mirror and I like my hair. It feels thick up top. Then I look at the nape of my neck and it looks absolutely awful. I can't imagine what people walking behind me think. My crown is also starting to thin.

I thought the hairline is usually what receded first? Mine is maybe a little bit, but it seems to be advancing slowly compared to other spots.

When it comes to hair loss, we get paranoid and see everything for the worse, seeing/feeling major hair loss when it isn't there or is very minor. The only way to be completely accurate regarding hair loss is to keep a consistent photo diary of our hair as our memories and senses cannot be trusted in this case.

To me, your hair looks normal, thick and full even in the crown area you say you are losing. Everyone is suppose to have a little spiral with a touch of scalp seen in the middle. Do you have a family history of hair loss? Show us pictures of your receding temple and a picture of you previously to see the difference. If you are indeed losing hair at the nape (I don't think you are based on the picture in post #6), it can almost be certain that it is not MPB because MPB happens on top of the head, not the side or the back. Check stress and health level in that case.

The advice to you is that you need pictures. Get a better quality camera and clearly show hair loss in before and after pictures (the ones in this thread are not convincing imo). Everyone, including your dermatologists, then will have to believe you beyond a doubt if you got the picture proof. In the mean time, if you still want to do something to prevent hair loss, 2 (minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo) out of the Big 3 are available at Walmart. Good luck.

I use Nizoral. Been using it just about EOD for 2 months. My grandma and mom are diffusers, and my uncle is Norwood 7. DHT is 17 on a scale of 16-79, so... quite low. TSH came back normal. Everything's fine except my cholesterol, which is a *little* high. Not thinking it's stress-related hair loss. Mom's had stage IV cancer for 3.5 years, and my family pets both died a month apart in November and December, but I highly doubt any of that's causing me to lose hair.

Here's a picture I took earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningHairFML View Post
    I use Nizoral. Been using it just about EOD for 2 months. My grandma and mom are diffusers, and my uncle is Norwood 7. DHT is 17 on a scale of 16-79, so... quite low. TSH came back normal. Everything's fine except my cholesterol, which is a *little* high. Not thinking it's stress-related hair loss. Mom's had stage IV cancer for 3.5 years, and my family pets both died a month apart in November and December, but I highly doubt any of that's causing me to lose hair.

Here's a picture I took earlier today.
    How about more pictures from other angles and possibly circling where exactly do you think you have hair loss? In that picture it looks like you have great looking hair and great hair density. Since these current pictures you have show little to no hair loss, you will also need before pictures that some how show your hair was less great in order to be any sort of convincing. So far it seems to me that you are just a bit paranoid. If I were you, I would just keep an eye on it and wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

No one knows if your losing your hair better than you do. I mean you have to lose a lot of hair before it even becomes noticeable to others. You will notice that far before anyone else if you pay attention or take good pictures in the same lighting and conditions.
    If your going bald its hard for me to understand how someone doesnt know. If you are than talk to some doc or derm and lay it out there. If they dont see it how you do then switch doctors if its important enough to you.
    Some docs are reluctant to prescribe a drug for a cosmetic problem and I cant say I completely blame them. Taking any drug for a cosmetic problem is a dangerous game to play but its your only option right now

Rogaine didnt work for me, not much anyway. I will try it after my hair transplant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pboy101 View Post
    How about more pictures from other angles and possibly circling where exactly do you think you have hair loss? In that picture it looks like you have great looking hair and great hair density. Since these current pictures you have show little to no hair loss, you will also need before pictures that some how show your hair was less great in order to be any sort of convincing. So far it seems to me that you are just a bit paranoid. If I were you, I would just keep an eye on it and wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.
    My rabid paranoia about my hair has subsided a bit over the past couple months when I first noticed the thinning, which has helped a bit.

To anyone out there reading this losing a lot of hair while using Nizoral ... STOP USING IT! I used Nizoral 1% EOD for about two months and was losing loads of hair in the shower ... maybe forty strands. Now that I stopped and simply use a dumpy not-good-for-your-hair Axe shampoo, I lose maybe five, my scalp is far less itchy and oily, etc.