6 days until 2 months Postop, 50% of grafts not fallen. Pics from after transplant

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justhair
    • May 2013

6 days until 2 months Postop, 50% of grafts not fallen. Pics from after transplant

Hello friends,

As the title says, I have a hair transplant surgery almost 2 months ago to fix small areas, only 50% of the grafts have fallen out, only two have grown. The rest of the grafts are still just sitting there as they were when they were placed, (not growing just sitting) is this normal? Should I expect them to fall out? Are they already dead hairs and just did not fall out? will new ones replace them?

I understand it takes 3-6 months to see new growth and a year for a good eye of what you're receiving, but I am a bit worried about the grafts that did not fall nor & are just sitting there.

Btw, here is picture of me a week and a half after the surgery, just because, I guess (these are not current, 50% of grafts fell)

Also here is my eyebrows the day after

As far as the brows go, 70% of new grafts fell, and already 2 hair pimples (ew)

So, anyone know what's up with me?
  • justhair
    • May 2013

Also if anyone was wondering this is what my hair looked like one week before I shaved it for surgery

Looked good, but it took hair stylists more then an hour to do it this way (entertainment here...)
    If anyone wants tricks on how to make the best of their hair, I know great ways send me a message & I can fill you in on how to make the most with what you got.

Btw, I even shaved it before and I was getting flirted with a lot @ the gay bar so men who don't wanna do all that just shave it o

In the end I got this surgery because I was bullied & and it took a big emotional toll on me
    & I will update this post in 6 months and 1 year, but if anyone could answer my question that would be great, I did some research and it appears sometimes they don't all fall after the surgery, but the post didn't mention about them just sitting, so any input it GREATLY appreciated

X
    Age 23

Comment

• justhair
      • May 2013

Also after looking at my temples more closely , nvm maybe 25% of grafts have not fallen. (btw if anyone doesn't know, they fall out after 2 weeks normally then regrow @ 3)
      Also it appears I should have posted this in the hair transplant section ^_^

Comment

• justhair
        • May 2013

Regrow at 3 months* btw, what's up with not being able to edit your posts here?...

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Your pics aren't showing up.

Chuck

Comment

• justhair
            • May 2013

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
            Your pics aren't showing up.

Chuck
            Hm, I'm not sure what's up with that they show up for my phone & my iPad

Anywho, I went to my docs office this morning and he told me it's normal so I'm not worried anymore

Btw I think it's cool that doctors and doctor representatives posts here for people
            I wish you good karma <3

Comment

• nursedude22
              • Sep 2014

You look great! Judging by the before pic you could afford fixing all, so jealous
              I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your updated pictures

Also fill me in on tricks to make the best of my hair please, I can't PM you for some weird reason, forum doesn't let me..

Comment

• FlightTL
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by justhair
                Hello friends,

As the title says, I have a hair transplant surgery almost 2 months ago to fix small areas, only 50% of the grafts have fallen out, only two have grown. The rest of the grafts are still just sitting there as they were when they were placed, (not growing just sitting) is this normal? Should I expect them to fall out? Are they already dead hairs and just did not fall out? will new ones replace them?

I understand it takes 3-6 months to see new growth and a year for a good eye of what you're receiving, but I am a bit worried about the grafts that did not fall nor & are just sitting there.

Btw, here is picture of me a week and a half after the surgery, just because, I guess (these are not current, 50% of grafts fell)

Also here is my eyebrows the day after

As far as the brows go, 70% of new grafts fell, and already 2 hair pimples (ew)

So, anyone know what's up with me?
                Just think, you felt miserable at a Norwood 1 enough to get surgery. Imagine if you had my hair loss fate...a Norwood 7 by mid 20s... The emotional toll is unspeakable.

Comment

• justhair
                  • May 2013

Greetings friends:
                  This is 6 Months...
                  I am He Who Does Not Go Bald...
                  I am A Sense Of Relief
                  I am Having conversations where the recipient of my conversing does not have eyes that are wandering to the facet of my (once) insecurity...
                  I am A Sense Of Freedom
                  I have unshackled the chains of oppression, and I am Finally Happy...
                  I am only upset that this (personally) crucial operation is not covered by insurance. I am a sense of certainty that as the human race progresses and justice prevails this surgery will be covered by health care providers.

I continue propecia & minox 15, if I have further hairloss I am unaware of it, by which I mean it hasn't been leaving me in quantities that are noticeable in any degree. I am also a sense of safety, as I have money saved in case of an emergency situation in which I need further operations.

The black nodules of peace started to prosper at 4 1/2 months and I was growing all my hair out & was enjoying it until I got a hair cut because I decided I was going to broadcast my new hairline in such a way it would be completely unavoidable for those I had felt had judged me because of it & went to a bar with some prick and took my power back <3

Will update next August <3
                  I am happy with it <3
                  I am happy with the amount so far <3
                  It is just right for me (personally, & finally)

Comment

• justhair
                    • May 2013

hello everyone it's been about a year since my hair transplant and I am happy to report I believe it was worth the blood transfusion and surgery. My hair seems to be locked in place because of my meds I take for it. I can even do one of those douchebag manbuns that used to make me hav a stomach ache when I saw them or even those annoying "look at my hairline" 50s styled hair styled that are quickly becoming popular in our hair loss discriminating society

Here are some pix, I plan on buzzing the sides and back tomorrow somewhat short and rocking the short man bun just like machine gun kelly did after his hair transplant

Comment

• justhair
                      • May 2013

P.s I would highly recommend this surgery if u are suffering emotional trauma. I worked my ass off and came up with the best hair loss treatment on the market: a wooden box to keep your money in & care credit. I even have to had a blood transfusion because I have a bleeding condition but I could not live with my old hairline.

You can get a hair transplant.
                      Do not let fear of debt hold you back.
                      Go to Walmart. Buy a wooden box. Keep your money in it. I put every single cent I didn't spend on food or rent in it. This is best hair loss treatment. I hope you will all be blessed by the universe and choose to be blessed and bless yourselves with the happiness you deserve.

Comment

Working...