+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Which minox are you using diffuseloser? I'm using RU too in ethanol/pg but my scalp is always dry because i apply 2ml of RU and after that 2 ml of minox it's to much alcohol and pg for my scalp and i hate to wait between the application the 2 applications so i'm considering to use Rogaine as a vehicle with a few drops of alcohol. I recently started using finpecia as well..

Quote Originally Posted by diffuse View Post
    Which minox are you using diffuseloser? I'm using RU too in ethanol/pg but my scalp is always dry because i apply 2ml of RU and after that 2 ml of minox it's to much alcohol and pg for my scalp and i hate to wait between the application the 2 applications so i'm considering to use Rogaine as a vehicle with a few drops of alcohol. I recently started using finpecia as well..
    I used Kirkland minox (1ml minox with ~70mg RU) and it a) mixes a lot less good then 70/30 ethanol/pg and b) I make weekly batches which I sometimes stored outside of the freezer and sometimes inside for a whole week and from my experience, minox+RU on room temp doesn't stay good for long (few days max) whereas RU in ethanol/pg does. Whether it RU+minox stays good in the freezer for a long time I do not know but based on what happens at room temp, my guess is that RU in ethanol/pg is better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    You're welcome champpy. Best of luck with your RU regimen. I definitely didn't shed more on RU. The shedding I was accustomed to prior to RU didn't seem to worsen by any means. In fact, the shedding decreased considerably even after a couple of weeks. I've been on low dose 33mg for about a year now. I'm going to increase the dosage as efficacy is not what it used to be when I initially started. Also, think I'm going to ditch minox as the vehicle and go 70/30. Need to attack this more than I have been and RU seems to be the best option for a lot of us right now. Hope we can continue this thread and compare notes.
    Yessir for sure. Ill be updating whenever I feel something is happening good or bad. Today was definitely not good. The hair loss in the morning was back up to about 30 hairs. Its been fluctuating but it seems to be going back up for some reason. Damn

Yessir for sure. Ill be updating whenever I feel something is happening good or bad. Today was definitely not good. The hair loss in the morning was back up to about 30+ hairs. Its been fluctuating but it seems to be going back up for some reason. Damn

Hey diffuse. Yeah, I also use good old Kirkland like Illusion. I make all my batches up right away and then freeze the bottles. It's really convenient and there's no need for scales etc. However, after a year of doing this, I have to agree with Illusions theory. I'm not entirely confident that this method gets the best out of RU, so I'm dropping it. Maybe this is why I'm not getting the results I'd hoped for. A lesson learnt - laziness doesn't pay. I think using minox as a vehicle has an effect on the stability of RU, even if you freeze it. I suggest you stick with ethanol/PG. Wait maybe a half hour before you apply minox.

I speculated a bit further why RU+minox might be less stable than ethanol/pg. I searched for the inactive ingredients of minoxidil and I got the same thing from multiple sites (though I don't know whether it's legit or not) :

Active Ingredients:
    Minoxidil 5% w/v.
    Inactive ingredients:
    Alcohol, 30% v/v, propylene glycol, 50% v/v, purified water.

Source: http://www.minoxidildirect.com/Minox...ernational.htm

This information isn't on the bottle as far as I know. If you look at the inactive ingredients, you would say that it contains 20% purified water but I have my doubts as alcohol and pg both have percentages and purified water doesn't, so don't take my word on this.

Anyway, the fact that there's water in it might explain why RU is less stable in minox than in just ethanol/pg. Something you could try is to add some ethanol or pg to your minox/RU solution. This way you can a) adjust the ratio of ethanol/pg if you'd like to do that and b) the amount of purified water in your solution should become less percentage wise.

Just my two cents. You can search around for information like this but in the end it will probably be a bit of trial and error as well. After all, the whole RU approach is a kitchen sink treatment.

Btw, GoodLookingLoser has a whole article about RU usage and he uses minox as a vehicle. Might be worth checking out to see how he does it with minox: http://www.gll-getalife.com/entry/ho...search-formula

Guys as I have been using Kirkland as a vehicle and now wish to change, what exactly is the best vehicle? Ethanol? If so, what kind exactly? Or Isopropyl Alcohol? Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm UK based and can't get Everclear so I'm looking for the next best thing. Getting PG shouldn't be an issue but I want to best chance of success and that means the best vehicle other than Everclear. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Guys as I have been using Kirkland as a vehicle and now wish to change, what exactly is the best vehicle? Ethanol? If so, what kind exactly? Or Isopropyl Alcohol? Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm UK based and can't get Everclear so I'm looking for the next best thing. Getting PG shouldn't be an issue but I want to best chance of success and that means the best vehicle other than Everclear. Thank you.
    I'm from Hungary so i don't know where can you buy 95% alcohol in the UK, but a lot of people on hairlosshelp using RU mixed to Neogenic. They say it penetrates better than anything and it contains stemoxydine 5% which is really helpful for diffuse thinners, but it's a bit pricey.

Thanks diffuse I'll look into it.

I'm from Hungary so i don't know where can you buy 95% alcohol in the UK, but a lot of people on hairlosshelp using RU mixed to Neogenic. They say it penetrates better than anything and it contains stemoxydine 5% which is really helpful for diffuse thinners, but it's a bit pricey.
    Not only that but the instructions that come with Neogenic say not to use it more than 3 months at a time or more than twice in a year or something like that. Don't know why.