Collecting RU-58841 pictures!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illusion
    • Jul 2014

I speculated a bit further why RU+minox might be less stable than ethanol/pg. I searched for the inactive ingredients of minoxidil and I got the same thing from multiple sites (though I don't know whether it's legit or not) :

Active Ingredients:
    Minoxidil 5% w/v.
    Inactive ingredients:
    Alcohol, 30% v/v, propylene glycol, 50% v/v, purified water.

Source: http://www.minoxidildirect.com/Minox...ernational.htm

This information isn't on the bottle as far as I know. If you look at the inactive ingredients, you would say that it contains 20% purified water but I have my doubts as alcohol and pg both have percentages and purified water doesn't, so don't take my word on this.

Anyway, the fact that there's water in it might explain why RU is less stable in minox than in just ethanol/pg. Something you could try is to add some ethanol or pg to your minox/RU solution. This way you can a) adjust the ratio of ethanol/pg if you'd like to do that and b) the amount of purified water in your solution should become less percentage wise.

Just my two cents. You can search around for information like this but in the end it will probably be a bit of trial and error as well. After all, the whole RU approach is a kitchen sink treatment.

Btw, GoodLookingLoser has a whole article about RU usage and he uses minox as a vehicle. Might be worth checking out to see how he does it with minox: http://www.gll-getalife.com/entry/ho...search-formula

Comment

• diffuseloser
      • Sep 2014

Guys as I have been using Kirkland as a vehicle and now wish to change, what exactly is the best vehicle? Ethanol? If so, what kind exactly? Or Isopropyl Alcohol? Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm UK based and can't get Everclear so I'm looking for the next best thing. Getting PG shouldn't be an issue but I want to best chance of success and that means the best vehicle other than Everclear. Thank you.

Comment

• diffuse
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
        Guys as I have been using Kirkland as a vehicle and now wish to change, what exactly is the best vehicle? Ethanol? If so, what kind exactly? Or Isopropyl Alcohol? Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm UK based and can't get Everclear so I'm looking for the next best thing. Getting PG shouldn't be an issue but I want to best chance of success and that means the best vehicle other than Everclear. Thank you.
        I'm from Hungary so i don't know where can you buy 95% alcohol in the UK, but a lot of people on hairlosshelp using RU mixed to Neogenic. They say it penetrates better than anything and it contains stemoxydine 5% which is really helpful for diffuse thinners, but it's a bit pricey.

Comment

• diffuseloser
          • Sep 2014

Thanks diffuse I'll look into it.

Comment

• RU58841
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by diffuse
            I'm from Hungary so i don't know where can you buy 95% alcohol in the UK, but a lot of people on hairlosshelp using RU mixed to Neogenic. They say it penetrates better than anything and it contains stemoxydine 5% which is really helpful for diffuse thinners, but it's a bit pricey.
            Not only that but the instructions that come with Neogenic say not to use it more than 3 months at a time or more than twice in a year or something like that. Don't know why.

Comment

• diffuse
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by RU58841
              Not only that but the instructions that come with Neogenic say not to use it more than 3 months at a time or more than twice in a year or something like that. Don't know why.
              Me neither, but el_duterino on hairlosshelp says he has been using it for 16 or 18 months every day and it gave him density and overall thickening. There are others too.
              btw i think he is the oldest RU user, he started using it in 2008 and maintained with it..
              I'll wait what happens to my hair because recently i've added fin, but i'm planning to use neogenic as well.

Comment

• diffuseloser
                • Sep 2014

Strange. I think I'm gonna give Neogenic a whirl as my new vehicle. Does el dut use his as a vehicle for RU or both separately? Ordering another 10g of RU this week. With all the new guys starting or thinking of starting RU, maybe we should look into a large group buy to save a few.

Comment

• brocktherock
                  • Dec 2013

I took RU for a year before I saw any improvement but when I did see the difference it was very good. My thin crown almost completely filled in and my midscalp improved greatly. I saw lots of new hair in my hairline but it wasn't enough. Now Im on RU plus the big 3, I've had zero sides, my hair is starting to shed again but I feel like that may be from the finasteride.

Comment

• diffuse
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
                    Strange. I think I'm gonna give Neogenic a whirl as my new vehicle. Does el dut use his as a vehicle for RU or both separately? Ordering another 10g of RU this week. With all the new guys starting or thinking of starting RU, maybe we should look into a large group buy to save a few.

He's using it as a vehicle 2 or 3 ml each application. I bought 10g 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• cr1mson
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by brocktherock
                      I took RU for a year before I saw any improvement but when I did see the difference it was very good. My thin crown almost completely filled in and my midscalp improved greatly. I saw lots of new hair in my hairline but it wasn't enough. Now Im on RU plus the big 3, I've had zero sides, my hair is starting to shed again but I feel like that may be from the finasteride.
                      Was RU the first treatment you used against hairloss?

Comment

• brocktherock
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cr1mson
                        Was RU the first treatment you used against hairloss?
                        I used minox on and off before and I used nizoral and experimented with spiro and stuff. RU does work very well though Hopefully with the big 3 I can keep the progress going or at least maintain until replicel comes out.

Comment

• cr1mson
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by brocktherock
                          I used minox on and off before and I used nizoral and experimented with spiro and stuff. RU does work very well though Hopefully with the big 3 I can keep the progress going or at least maintain until replicel comes out.
                          Thank you

I have recently got on RU after being on fin for 5 years. I am still on Fin, and have lost density in the front portion and a little ground in the crown. Anyone have experience with getting on RU after being on fin for an extended time? I am hoping for regrowth but am reasonable with my expectations. I am really hoping to thicken every individual hair and hopefully had some pigment.

Comment

• K97
                            • May 2014

Hi guys, not an active poster hete but an active reader. I want to start RU asap since docs dont want to prescibe fin. The explanation on how to mix RU is for me (dutch being) a bit to hard. Is the premixed version good enough or do you advice to mix it urself? If there's anyone dutch here that can help me out (pm). Thanks!

Willing to post weekly or monthly updates with pictures!

Comment

• RU58841
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by K97
                              Hi guys, not an active poster hete but an active reader. I want to start RU asap since docs dont want to prescibe fin. The explanation on how to mix RU is for me (dutch being) a bit to hard. Is the premixed version good enough or do you advice to mix it urself? If there's anyone dutch here that can help me out (pm). Thanks!

Willing to post weekly or monthly updates with pictures!
                              Some people have reported good results with the premixed but others are afraid to use that. This video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_XISpHYfc

Comment

• gmill09
                                • Apr 2015

Yeh he's right. There's a guy who got ~70 terminal hair to grow on one of his temples. Never seen that before. He was using premixed . But people who've been using it the longest said it best to mix yourself. Maybe that was one variable in it not making it to the market.

Comment

Working...