+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

some people say saw palmetto proves good results without any side effects but I am not convinced about its effects.

Isnt Saw Palmetto and anti-androgen just like Finasteride?

I get that you don't want to get on finasteride because your still developping and because of potentional sides. But guess what: if you wait ~2 years and then get on fin, you are going to regret it that you didn't start earlier. So yeah, I'd hop on finasteride.

I recently turned 17 myself and started fin a week ago too. So far not so good (sides), but at least I'm giving it a go. Because like I said, waiting a few years and then hopping on fin is just going to make you regret that you didn't start earlier (granted that you won't get sides).

RU is an option, though it's a bit expensive and can be a bit difficult with storage, mixing it yourself and travelling. I guess you could try minox + ketoconazol but that's not going to do that much.

I guess that people like us are just outta luck...

Extremely out of luck, I mean, couldnt this crap wait 5 more years to start....

I was thinking about it today, actually I think about it everyday(its dominating my mind) if the risk of Fin vs. having hair is worth it. But meh... Im not really willing to get it now.

Dont listen to this nonsense about the laser comb and save your money! I have had reviews with 2 experienced hair surgeons in 2 different clinics and they both said that the comb was no good and they never would recommend it as part of their non surgical treatments. They said the FDA approval was for safe to use only and if does grow hair it is the vellus invisible hair. One of the surgeons also said minoxidil was a waste of money as topical treatment and shampoos also produce nothing more than 'peach fuzz' I used the laser comb for several years with absolutely no result after paying £325 for it. In my opinion it is a total scam as far as regrowing or thickening hair is concerned! You can buy mine if you want for less than £100 with still some years left on the 15 year warranty!

Why did he say Minoxdll was a waste of money?
    I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Startingtorecede123 View Post
    @ThePhoenix
    A ****load of hair falls from my head, its much more than 100 a day, thats what I am worried.

I dont think its being replaced because sometimes I pull hair from my head, apparently theres nothing, but when I look carefully I see very small/curly(my hair's straight) miniaturised hair

What laser combs do you recommend?
    Phoenix is definitely misinformed, yes laser treatments are FDA cleared, but only for safety and not for effectiveness and efficacy. Like many others on this and other forums who have tried laser treatments will tell you, it's not worth it.

With regards to your hair, it looks fine, might have the slightest bit of recession, but no one would think you have hair loss. Unfortunately beggars can't be choosers, and if you do have hairloss the only treatments we have now are Finasteride and minoxidil, both of which must be used daily. Finasteride has been tested for over 20 years so in terms of long term effects, it has been proven to be pretty safe and most people don't get sides. Again it's your choice how much hair means to you.

I don't get it...
    I think he meant that minoxidil isn't as effective as finasteride nor does it have a high success rate. If I were you, at this point I wouldn't worry about hairloss, because stress is definitely a factor and may well increase your hairloss further. You have a really good head of hair, enjoy it.

Smile Minoxidil

I don't get it...
    He said that the hair/scalp cannot absorb topical treatments into the follicle as the skin barrier wont allow it...Like you I found this strange since the other surgeon prescribes it, yet it goes to show that not all experienced trained surgeons are in agreement as to what works best

@haircure I wish most people agreed with you, but my friends are already starting to make fun of me thats tough....
    I would say I am norwood 2 -3.
    What norwood state am I at according to you guys?

@tarzan
    That sucks doesnt it?