+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this MPB (diffuse) or something else? Please help.

Hello guys,

I am 23 years old and I am from Germany. So English is not my mother tongue and I apologize if they are any mistakes in my sentences. My mother is German and my father is from Southern Europe that is why i have dark hair.

I am suffering from hair loss for 3 months now. Suddenly in June a parting in my hair appeared which I've never had before. While taking a shower I noticed that my hair is falling out, maybe about 50 hairs.

I recognize that there are also many short hairs which are falling out but not miniaturized ones. Those hairs are from my sides and from the back of my head because there I have shaved my hair to 3-6mm. In general the hairs falling out are normal thick pigmented ones. Maybe there are some thinner ons but they are also normal pigmented.

In day-to-day life I do not notice any hair falling out. If I do the pull test, there is every third time one hair in my hand on all areas of my head.

I visited many doctors but nobody could help me. They advised me against taking Fin because they think it is not MPB.
    I have no typical scalp itching and no sebum production at all. In contrary I have very dry skin all over my body especially on my scalp. After not washing my hair for 2 days there is still not much sebum on my scalp. I think that is not normal. There is dandruff but it's from the "too" dry scalp and dry skin as you can see this in the pictures.

There is no MPB in my family. Neither on my mother's nor on my father's side. My grandfather is 83 years old and still has all of his hair.
    I am suffering from Hypothyroidism and I have been taking L-Thyroxine 50 for 3 weeks now.

I 've let my hormones and vitamines checked. I have very low level of Estrogens, very low level of Vitamine D and Magnesium, low Level of DHEA-S and a bit low Testosterone.

I have to say that I consumed way too much soy products. I often drank up to 800ml soy milk a day and in addition to that I ate 3-4 times tofu a week.
    The doctor said it is possible that soy could (also) have affected my hormones negatively. Is this possible or are there or is there a direct relation to hair loss? I don't know.
    I always feel tired, have very dry skin, have digestive problems, feel thirsty and have very cold feet and hands.
    Concerning the tiredness I had an excessive consumption of Energy Drinks and Coke Zero (often 2-2.5 Liters a day!) to get rid of my symptoms in order to sports like always.

I dont't know what to do know. I am afraid that my hair is getting worse and worse. Maybe some people here think my hair is still ok but it changed a lot. I feel that my hair on the top of the head is not as thick and massy as the years before. My hair on the sides and on the back are very short so I can't estimate if it's the same there.

What do you think? Can you give me some advice? What should I do? Should I start with Fin?

Pictures are attached

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	halbnass7.jpg

Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	35215   Click image for larger version

Name:	halbnass1.jpg

Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	35216   Click image for larger version

Name:	heute6.jpg

Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	35217   Click image for larger version

Name:	seiten.jpg

Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	35218   Click image for larger version

Name:	wirbelsept.jpg

Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	35219   Click image for larger version

Name:	scheitel?.jpg

Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	35220   Click image for larger version

Name:	kopfhaut2.jpg

Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	35221   Click image for larger version

Name:	vorderkopf.jpg

Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	35222  

My hair in 2012:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	back_in_2012.jpg

Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	35225   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-in-2012.jpg

Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	35226   Click image for larger version

Name:	my-hair-in-2012.jpg

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	35227  

Dude we're the same age and have the same odd hair loss pattern (sides and back) Although mine is mostly sides. I'd look into Retrograde Alopecia.
    I started taking propecia a week ago but now I don't know if its worth it because I heard propecia doesn't work well on sides and back....