+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia or generic Finasteride which should I start with??

Hi Guys,

Ive been a quite spectator of this site for a couple of years now and have recently become a member. Having suffered form hair loss since I was 22 now 28 (now at NW 2-3) I have finally taken the plunge and decided to have a HT. Im at the point where I have a couple of surgeries in mind to carry out a procedure, I just need to find a spare weekend to go for a consultation.

At the moment Im not taking any meds. I would like to start with Finasteride but Im not sure if I should start with, Propecia or generic Finasteride? Is Propecia more effective than the generic alternative? What ever I go with Id like to be consistent in order to judge its effectiveness.

You from uk? I'm from London me personall I like the legit stuff although majority are happy with generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    You from uk? I'm from London me personall I like the legit stuff although majority are happy with generic.
    I agree with Jazz. I feel much more comfortable using the proper meds. I guess it's down to your budget more than anything. If money isn't an issue, get Propecia.

There are a number of legitimate websites available to people in the UK for Propecia, Avodart etc. I personally use Pharmacy2u - it's expensive and you've got to do an online consultation but atleast you can be certain you're getting real meds. I believe Jazz uses PharmacyDirectGB, which is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    I agree with Jazz. I feel much more comfortable using the proper meds. I guess it's down to your budget more than anything. If money isn't an issue, get Propecia.

There are a number of legitimate websites available to people in the UK for Propecia, Avodart etc. I personally use Pharmacy2u - it's expensive and you've got to do an online consultation but atleast you can be certain you're getting real meds. I believe Jazz uses PharmacyDirectGB, which is just as good.
    Snap or boots do same programme all the same cost

If money is no object go with the name brand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm originally from Liverpool but now live in Cornwall.

Thanks for the help ill start looking trough boots etc now.

How have you all found your experience with Propecia? I was put of at first reading all the horror stories but my friend recently had a HT and has nothing but good things to say about Propecia.

The thing is I can't seriously consider a HT without taking some sort of preventative measure so ill have to see how it goes.

To be honest, Propecia didn't do much for me at all. I'm on Avodart now but I'm convinced that RU is responsible for the little progress I've made, not dut. On the other hand, I haven't experienced any side effects at all so I can't complain.

I guess it depends on how aggressive your hair loss is. As for the 'horror stories', the only way Propecia will affect your libido etc. is if you let it. Don't overthink the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    To be honest, Propecia didn't do much for me at all. I'm on Avodart now but I'm convinced that RU is responsible for the little progress I've made, not dut. On the other hand, I haven't experienced any side effects at all so I can't complain.

I guess it depends on how aggressive your hair loss is. As for the 'horror stories', the only way Propecia will affect your libido etc. is if you let it. Don't overthink the situation.
    Sorry to sound like a complete novice, but is Avodart an alternative to Propecia? You also mention RU what is that?

Avodart is the brand name for dutasteride, which is essentially a stronger alternative to finasteride (Propecia)

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...t-dutasteride/

http://www.gll-getalife.com/ru58841/