+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb We have a vehicle for CB-03-01: VERSAPRO

Hey guys, sorry for not being here as often as I used to. Been busy doing a whole bunch of exciting stuff. So here's what I've been up to.

Around 6 months ago, when I got back from Korea, our company suddenly underwent new management and decided to provide compounding services at some of their larger Pharmacies and lucky enough, our Pharmacy was on that list.

For those not familiar with medical terms, "compounding" is when a Pharmacy prepares a medicinal product on site. Most of these are pessaries and creams but can include tablets, capsules, suppositories, lotions etc etc.

Anyways, long story short, I put my hand up to get the training which went on for a month and came across some amazing formulations and vehicles along the way. The whole time I was thinking about how many options we have at our fingertips to use as a vehicle for CB-03-01. We just didn't know about it.

And here's the interesting part, when we did the 'topical preparation' session, a particular vehicle kept on being mentioned called "Versapro" by a company called Medisca.

With its great carrying capacity and excellent emollient characteristics, MEDISCA’s VersaPro™ Cream Base is ideal for both pharmaceutical and cosmetic purposes. Its versatility relates in part to its increased pH stability and excellent compatibility with a wide range of active pharmaceutical ingredients. This unique oil-in-water emulsion is non-greasy, non-irritant and paraben-free. VersaPro™ is a highly moisturising cream formulated with excellent penetrating properties.
    The studies they showed us involved using Versapro as a vehicle for Progesterone and it beat all other competitor's in terms of dosage delivered by a mile! I've attached these studies below for you to see. Not only that, it has crazy properties. As long as your active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) is a salt it is able to carry deep into the dermal layer. It has amazing penetrating properties and is ideal for steroidal and hormonal therapies. Ironically, CB-03-01 is in salt form and a steroid.

The results speak for themselves. Check it out:

Here's also the study testing its penetration properties using a steroidal active ingredient (Hydrocortisone).

http://conservancy.umn.edu/bitstream...AC0?sequence=1

So anyways, after I came across all of this mind blowing information, I sat down with our lecturer and told him about the properties of CB-03-01 (molecular weight, pKa, pH, its salt form, etc) and he was pretty certain Versapro would get it where it needs to go (dermal layer). I'm also pretty sure it will be sufficient.

The lecturer also always pointed out, if you're not sure which one will do the job, most probably Versapro will! It's a no-brainer. Anyways guys that's all I gathered over the last few months of training. Hope it's been useful.

Oh also, any compounding chemist in Australia and USA can order this 'base' in for you. We have been ordering a ton in over the last month and it's cheap as chips. We get a 100g jar for about $20. All you need to do is weigh 2g of CB and mix it into it and your good to go. With regards to its consistency, it is definitely something you wanna apply overnight and wash off in the morning.

Good luck my brothers and please post any questions that you may have. I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Cheers.

It's interesting to note, Cosmo was showing efficacy by comparing CB-03-01 to Progesterone administered topically. We now have sufficient data that this vehicle is capable of getting Progesterone to the dermal layer and has all the ticks for carrying a drug with properties matching Cb-03-01.

Here's Medisca's webpage btw. Looks like they are also based in Canada which is excellent

http://www.medisca.com/en-us/LandingPage.aspx

In Pharmacy we use the 'Doubling method' to add a powder into a cream. This video is a perfect tutorial for those wanting to give this a shot. This method ensures, the powder is evenly distributed into the cream.

Please note, Chrome browser doesn't allow you to see the links posted as videos. Make sure you use a different browser

In all seriousness someone should contact cosmo with this information, you'd be surprised at the lack of communication/awareness within industry, they genuinely might not be aware of this product.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    In Pharmacy we use the 'Doubling method' to add a powder into a cream. This video is a perfect tutorial for those wanting to give this a shot. This method ensures, the powder is evenly distributed into the cream.

Please note, Chrome browser doesn't allow you to see the links posted as videos. Make sure you use a different browser
    The mixing actually doesn't look too hard, I guess we need 2 pharmaceutical spatulas and a glass plate and a bottle to store the cream in, anyone have any sources for these tools?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelonglearning View Post
    The mixing actually doesn't look too hard, I guess we need 2 pharmaceutical spatulas and a glass plate and a bottle to store the cream in, anyone have any sources for these tools?
    Yup, my kitchen.

So is this stuff available to Canada, how do I get CB and this stuff in Canada?

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "Compounding chemist"? Does that mean I can go to my local Walgreens and order these products or are there specific websites that do this?

Have you noticed any results? Any shedding?

What an exciting news Desmond!! We are close to a cure!