+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Am I balding?? 21 year old college student here

for the last couple years every now and then i would be wondering if im going bald or not. Am i startin to lose it, it hasnt changed at all in the last 2 years atleast lookin at pics 2 years ago, this is me with a bed head. I take pics sometimes of the bak of my head to see if its gettin worse hahha. If i am ill prolly just say **** it and eventually shave it off..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 14.jpg

Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	35195  

Yep.

Shave it off and hit the gym.

Best

ahhh shittt =(

some more responses would be helpful,

yes, use minoxidil. you still have a thick hair. use minoxidil. don't hesitate using it because of some online weird stories. try fin or dut but I personally don't like to play with hormone levels. don't shave it. you are not there yet.

You do have some crown thinning which looks like MPB, I'm sorry but that what it looks like. And btw don't listen to anyone saying it's bad or you need to shave it off, because that's just utter BS. The truth is you have thinning in your crown, but it's not at an advanced stage and I'd say it's near the start. Can I also ask what your hairline's like, whether you have thinning/receding there and how bald are your relatives, as this can sometimes be an indicator? But tbh your hair still looks very good atm, it's probably not that noticeable, especially because people who don't know about MPB won't pay attention to it, so don't worry. What is even better is if the balding is just at the crown, because the good news is that's the easiest area to treat. I would recommend definitely taking minoxidil bc that's quite good at regrowing, and if you can, finasteride, considering that has a good chance to stop and arrest any future loss. So to sum up 1.) Yes it is balding but it's not that far in, and you have a good chance to avoid advanced balding 2.) Don't listen to irrational comments on your hair or head shaving, bc chances are you might regret it after 3.) For the best results try minoxidil and propecia and track progress under same lighting 4.) Don't worry about it, you still have very thick/amazing hair, and this is fixable!

how do i get that, is that stuff expensive, or can i just get it at like wallmart or something?

ALso I started hitting the gym, will it affect muscle gains??

Will i get sick using minox, cuz im not in the mood to get sick for the sake of my hair lol.

Hairline is in the early stages, its recedin some.

As for family, dad has full head of hair hes in his mid 50s, moms dad is bald, her brother is bald. Either way no one in my family started balding in their 20s, more their mid 30s. Dads brother is bald.

Will the minox stop the hairloss, or will it just keep my hair as is.

bump...

So i got the minox, gonna start maybe sometime this week, does it help at all, or can it make it worse??

Quote Originally Posted by baldiing45 View Post
    bump...

So i got the minox, gonna start maybe sometime this week, does it help at all, or can it make it worse??
    Hey, first of all, your hairloss is not bad in the pic, though there may be a little bit. Of course it is good to act as early as possible in terms of combating hairloss.

Now, you're talking about jumping on minoxidil and if that is the case I would just beforehand say this:

1) Minoxidil won't stop the CAUSE of your hairloss. Minoxidil will promote growth of your hair. Depending on your genetics, it may be enough, if you have good hair genes. Though most likely in the long run (this may vary from few to many years depending on genetics) your hairloss will catch up with you.

2) Please realize that you will be bound to apply this 2 times a day for the rest of your life in order to keep the results given by minoxidil. Every single day, for the rest of your life. Some people are cool with that, others not so much. Remember it has to be applied to your scalp and not hair, which can be a hassle with longer hair if it's a large area. In your case, it may be easy to apply as you're not a diffuse thinner like me, but it's seemingly only your crown that's thinning slightly.

If you truly want to stop your hairloss long term, and keep your hair for as long as possible, I would urge you to jump on Propecia (Finasteride). Take 0.5-1mg pr. day (Propecia contains 1mg pr. tablet) for the rest of your life. It will stop your hairloss unlike minoxidil, and most likely regrow what very little you have lost too. Also, it's way more convenient to just swallow a pill every day.

About Finasteride:
    Please, do not be scared by the horror stories that gets exaggerated about Finasteride. It's mostly BS. The chance of getting sides are very small. I have taken it myself for 8 months now. The only "side-effect" I have experienced is my semen is slightly more watery than before. Apart from that, nothing. Still very high sex-drive/libido.

So in short: Finasteride is your best option for stopping your hairloss and keeping your hair for a long time. I don't see the reason for Minoxidil in your case, but it is your choice. Please consider what I have written!