+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Am I balding?? 21 year old college student here

for the last couple years every now and then i would be wondering if im going bald or not. Am i startin to lose it, it hasnt changed at all in the last 2 years atleast lookin at pics 2 years ago, this is me with a bed head. I take pics sometimes of the bak of my head to see if its gettin worse hahha. If i am ill prolly just say **** it and eventually shave it off..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 14.jpg

Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	35195  

Yep.

Shave it off and hit the gym.

Best

ahhh shittt =(

some more responses would be helpful,

yes, use minoxidil. you still have a thick hair. use minoxidil. don't hesitate using it because of some online weird stories. try fin or dut but I personally don't like to play with hormone levels. don't shave it. you are not there yet.

You do have some crown thinning which looks like MPB, I'm sorry but that what it looks like. And btw don't listen to anyone saying it's bad or you need to shave it off, because that's just utter BS. The truth is you have thinning in your crown, but it's not at an advanced stage and I'd say it's near the start. Can I also ask what your hairline's like, whether you have thinning/receding there and how bald are your relatives, as this can sometimes be an indicator? But tbh your hair still looks very good atm, it's probably not that noticeable, especially because people who don't know about MPB won't pay attention to it, so don't worry. What is even better is if the balding is just at the crown, because the good news is that's the easiest area to treat. I would recommend definitely taking minoxidil bc that's quite good at regrowing, and if you can, finasteride, considering that has a good chance to stop and arrest any future loss. So to sum up 1.) Yes it is balding but it's not that far in, and you have a good chance to avoid advanced balding 2.) Don't listen to irrational comments on your hair or head shaving, bc chances are you might regret it after 3.) For the best results try minoxidil and propecia and track progress under same lighting 4.) Don't worry about it, you still have very thick/amazing hair, and this is fixable!

i'm about 5 years older and loosing hair fast. I started seeing thinness on top about a year ago and it was upsetting as hell, as I was seeing scalp.

A week ago I buzzed it no guard to see if that would hide the problem. Now, I realize why it looks thin. I can see the pattern. Not sure what the **** is next but think a year from now it will be worse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bld - 3.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	58460   Click image for larger version

Name:	38051042_448861308950589_4832560020203765760_n.jpg

Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	58459  

Update 4 years later: still have hair. Haven’t went bald yet. I still Take finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by baldiing45 View Post
    for the last couple years every now and then i would be wondering if im going bald or not. Am i startin to lose it, it hasnt changed at all in the last 2 years atleast lookin at pics 2 years ago, this is me with a bed head. I take pics sometimes of the bak of my head to see if its gettin worse hahha. If i am ill prolly just say **** it and eventually shave it off..
    i started similar 19ish. eventually lost almost all of it. i know it's stressful. if you buzz super short, people will get used to your new look and NOT notice further thinning, etc. best to ya

Quote Originally Posted by curtantonio View Post
    i started similar 19ish. eventually lost almost all of it. i know it's stressful. if you buzz super short, people will get used to your new look and NOT notice further thinning, etc. best to ya
    i made this post 4 years ago

I still have hair....I will shave eventually though when I stop taking the meds for sure...