+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Got my script filled... its an expensive medication, but for some reason my insurance covered the majority of it. I took 2X0.5mg yesterday as a loading dose. Since then I've had no sides, and almost an immediate decrease in shedding by at least 50%... it could be a coincidence, but I havent had a day without massive shedding in a month.

BPH is covered.

Interesting. How was it getting the script? Did you have to talk to a doc? How'd that work?

By the way have you ever been on fin? When I first took fin, I went from shedding 40-50 hairs in the shower to 8, and 100+ hairs a day to like 20. This lasted a month before I made up for lost time and then went over.

I'm curious to know if that was your experience as well.

I just added procerin (probably ****ing worthless, but I'm as drunk right now as I was when I ordered the procerin) to my regimine on top of fin and 6g primrose oil + fish oil. So far, ****ing nothing.

I'm 25... bph isn't really a diagnosis that I have haha. I almost felt bad about putting it on my insurance. I've been on finasteride 1mg generic for about 3 months now. That hasn't done anything for my shedding yet. I've been on minoxidil for about a year and a half, which didn't have any visible effect on my hair. I just decided to get on the Dutasteride to try and combine it maybe twice per week. I know there are people that say that it's pointless (and possibly counterproductive) to take both...that's cool. I don't give two f*cks.

As far as the process... it was super easy. Literally filled out the online form... paid about $60 and within a week I had my rx in the mail. They have other options if you would like the medication itself shipped to you as well.

Haha I know, I'm 27, my dad's almost bald, 65, and his prostate isn't a problem either; I'm not exactly worried about it. I know what you mean about feeling guilty, but honestly at this point...

Honestly bro if this works for us.... damn. I've been on propecia six months and if it's done anything, it's been to accelerate my hair loss. I mean, a year and a half ago you couldn't tell I was losing hair. Because a year and a half ago, *I* didn't know I was losing hair. Now.... I can't even hide it.

Thanks for the update by the way, buddy. I'm gonna seriously consider just ordering a script, though I'll be honest, it makes me feel a little guilty (almost feel like one of those assholes ordering a testosterone script..)

Anyway, thanks again. Hope your $$ issues don't prevent you from saving your hair =)

Yeah, I mean. Its only been 3 days but my shedding has drastically decreased. I can vigorously rub my hand across my head a few times and I MIGHT lose one or two hairs compared to about 9 or 10 before. I'm still losing a bunch after I get out of the shower and my hair has dried. We will see. No sides so far. I'm a medical student and I've been up for about 37 hours at this point and I don't have "brain fog" or difficulty with an erection.

Good luck to you! I'm just trying to make it long enough to get my career going to 1. Stop caring about my hair 2. Possibly Getting an HT/whatever is the best thing out at that time.

Given the importance of sleep to both body and brain (and the fact that it's well-known that you do better on tests if you sleep rather than study more), med students' insistence on not sleeping has always baffled me =P

And don't forget not sleeping ****s with your hormones pretty badly, too.

So you noticed NO initial reduction in shedding after starting Propecia? I noticed an IMMEDIATE, dramatic drop, but my hair was still thinning as it grew, and the shedding gradually increased (over a month to about half where it was back from about a fifth, then over the next month to where it had been, and then continued and is now worse than it ever was, all while receding and thinning. Pretty depressing.

Its hard to say. I would say that perhaps I noticed a change in the shedding. I was losing less of the tiny little minaturized hairs compared to full-size hairs. It seemed that most of the hairs I was losing had a large bulb. However, this was around the time I had decreased my minoxidil usage substantially (terrible itching, and flaking). Its hard to say. I was planning on just sticking it out anyways, but decided to give DUT at try.

Also, I definitely agree about the sleep thing. My class rank would seem to say otherwise though The highly fluctuating levels of my stress and erratic schedule seem to complicate finding any single correlation between shedding and treatment.

Anyways,

I found a great webpage that has the profile of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodymanics of Dutasteride if you're interested. It talks specifically about "effects on other hormones" as well, and basically only Testosterone changes (increase)...and estradiol(estrogen) doesnt have a significant change.

http://www.rxlist.com/avodart-drug/c...armacology.htm

ordered mine just now. yikes that was expensive ($480..). how's your hair loss atm?

Yeah, its expensive.

Sorry it took so long. Its hard to say if my hairloss has gotten better or not.

It doesnt seem to have gotten any worse. As far as shedding goes, I shed the most when I use minoxidil, so I've tried to cut it down to once per day. I think I have some kind of scalp reaction to PG and I get this itchy plaquey stuff on my scalp. The only difference I've noticed is that when I shed, I'm not shedding the little tiny almost translucent hairs any more, but typically the bigger more terminal looking hairs with a bulb on them. No idea what this means.

A couple additional observations:

-I use Caboki on my crown, I've noticed I've needed less to get solid coverage.
    -Before I started Dut, I could see my scalp through my hair behind my hairline, this seems to be all but eliminated now.
    -My hairline itself hasn't improved nor gotten worse at this point, but the hair behind my hairline and in general seems a bit stronger and possibly thicker. I notice this the most when brushing my wet hair...its a bit less limp and it feels fuller when I pull the brush through it.

I don't have any pics, but I will take some about 6 months after starting Dut(and 9months after starting finasteride) or if I start to see something dramatic.

Also, no sides that I can tell. Nothing. My current regimen:

-GSK Avodart 0.5mg Every third day (at least 24 hours after the last finasteride dose)
    -Generic Finasteride 1mg every day except the days following Avodart (hopefully to reduce potential competitive inhibition between the two drugs given Avodart's long half life)
    -Nizoral 2-3X per week (dunno if it does anything but help with the flaking from minoxidil)
    -Minoxidil ~1-1.5mL qd

Go to inhousepharmacy.vu they do not require a persciption. They are 100% legit. I just received my Fin from there on Monday! Great customer service cheap prices. They have Dut as well. U have to pay wits echeck though but it's pretty easy. If you don't know your bank routing number or your account number you can just go to your bank and get the info.