+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    This is just completely false, the vast majority of men, even in their 40's, have great hair. Keep telling yourself these lies, balding men are a minority.

Also, I will say it again until it sinks in for the NW1.5 newbies: you are not bald! You have no say in that matter, wait until you're NW4 to tell us how great you're doing.
    We are trying to help, but it seems dumb that we get attacked, and truthfully most Everyman I know past 40 is lacking a lot of hair so I don't know why that's false apparently. It seems like you're not allowed to post here unless we say what you want to hear "I'm so sorry you lost hair, you're right you can't get past this 'flaw' that men have had over the ages, the women with bald guys are imaginary and balding is the reason for all of life's problems' we can't say that, it's so ridiculous, honestly I've never heard or seen bald men be treated the way you say they are in reality even the young ones. And I don't know what Norwood I am, I shave with a razor and lather every morning and night for the past year. I don't even like the patchy shadow I got when I let it go a day months back. So when I'm full blown Norwood 6 I'll be about the same, I'm even considering getting laser hair removal after my doctor told me they do that for scalp now too just so I don't have to shave all the damn time. I really meant to help respectfully but I can tell that you don't actually want help, if they don't agree with you they can get off this site according to you, which is exactly what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    I have to ask, why are you here worrying about your hairloss, instead of out there enjoying life? Why spend even a second thinking about it if it doesn't bother you, my friend?

Maybe someday, the medical community will cure this disease, but until then, everyone here is worried about it to some degree. If I'm more concerned about it than you, isn't it hypocritical of you to say so, when you are also worried about it?

One of the most hard-hitting videos that I ever saw aired about a decade ago on The Learning Channel. It was a story of a man in his early 30s who had very hideous teeth. Other than that, he was a very handsome guy (and no, I'm not gay, I'm just saying...). He had handsome features, was very fit, had a full head of nice hair, a good personality, and was well educated. His teeth were just a disaster. It was something far beyond the ability of braces or minor dental surgery to correct. He required VERY major and extensive dental surgery, but he couldn't afford it. I forget what happened to allow him to afford it, but one day, he suddenly had the ability to be treated by one of the most renowned cosmetic dental surgeons in the world. It took a couple of months, but in the end, they managed to give this guy a perfect smile. When he first saw himself in the mirror, he broke completely down. He was so overwhelmed with joy that it literally brought him to his knees and he was sobbing uncontrollably, as though the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders.

It was an amazing story. I imagine that many of us would be like that if we were suddenly able to walk into a futuristic genetic hair treatment center and have our DNA fully repaired and instructed to grow good, natural, youthful hair for the rest of our lives. Well, we wouldn't have the sudden shock of seeing the end result, of course, but imagine your first great haircut in a few months. I guess it's nice to dream, because that's the extent of what we have right now.
    I think you misunderstand me a bit. I pop on to the forum periodically to catch up with hair loss related news. In the same way I keep some form of a tab on psoriasis forums for new information to gather information on the subject. Funny the best solution to that remains the simplest - alter your diet. If only the same were true for hair.

So, to suggest I am not at all bothered by hair loss would be a grievous error and misinterpretation of the message I have attempted to convey. My point is that hair loss is not debilitating to the degree with which some of you have led yourselves to believe. It should neither affect your ability to work effectively, nor should it stop you from achieving things you want from life. When it comes to women I can attest that shaven, buzzed, or with longer hair there is a less significant impact on your abilities to pick up girls than you think. If you can beat it out of your mind your chances will improve drastically. Wallow in your own self loathing and that in itself will destroy your chances because you believe you are not able to do something you can.

Best of luck to you all in your endeavours.

PS: I enjoy my life just fine, I don't spend all day here suffering away. You make the best of the situation and that is that.

George

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    We are trying to help, but it seems dumb that we get attacked, and truthfully most Everyman I know past 40 is lacking a lot of hair so I don't know why that's false apparently. It seems like you're not allowed to post here unless we say what you want to hear "I'm so sorry you lost hair, you're right you can't get past this 'flaw' that men have had over the ages, the women with bald guys are imaginary and balding is the reason for all of life's problems' we can't say that, it's so ridiculous, honestly I've never heard or seen bald men be treated the way you say they are in reality even the young ones. And I don't know what Norwood I am, I shave with a razor and lather every morning and night for the past year. I don't even like the patchy shadow I got when I let it go a day months back. So when I'm full blown Norwood 6 I'll be about the same, I'm even considering getting laser hair removal after my doctor told me they do that for scalp now too just so I don't have to shave all the damn time. I really meant to help respectfully but I can tell that you don't actually want help, if they don't agree with you they can get off this site according to you, which is exactly what I'm doing.
    Solid post

This is just completely false, the vast majority of men, even in their 40's, have great hair. Keep telling yourself these lies, balding men are a minority..
    I completely agree with you. There's even a lot of guys in their 70s and 80s with full heads of hair. Some go to the grave in their 90s with full heads of hair.

Also, I will say it again until it sinks in for the NW1.5 newbies: you are not bald! You have no say in that matter, wait until you're NW4 to tell us how great you're doing.
    I have to respectfully disagree. When I was a NW1 and then a NW1.5, I was already in shock. Even at NW1.5, I could no longer style my hair in the way that suited me, plus I knew that it would only get worse, and I felt crushed. Yes, as an NW5 or NW5A today, I would love to be an NW1.5 again, but that doesn't diminish the impact that an NW1.5 is experiencing today.

Life is just an oddity. I once saw a severely mentally retarded man in a wheelchair, probably in his mid 30s, with drool coming out of the corner of his mouth. He was completely oblivious to the world around him, yet he had a full head of perfect hair that would make the most vain Hollyweird movie stars green with envy. Would I trade places with him? Of course not, but I'm just saying, it's weird the way nature works.

A close female friend of mine one said of my baldness, "That is such a cruel trick that nature plays on some men." Her brother was bald too. Wow, was she right!

I will say, if you are losing your hair, and don't like wearing caps or hats everywhere, stylish, conservative black sunglasses worn on the top of your head is a modest compromise. Of course, it won't hide the fact that you're bald (or balding), but it does detract attention from your baldness. I wear black sunglasses like that everywhere. People have become accustomed to seeing me like that, and it's my trademark style. It works for me because the symmetry of my face is complemented by something on my head, whether it is hair, a hat, a cap, a skicap, or sunglasses. Sunglasses work in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    I think your experience on the site has been shaped by the fact that you embrace your hairloss, and you even want more hairloss (e.g., laser hair removal). You like the way you look as cue-ball bald, and that's great for you, but this is a site about people who do not like their hairloss at all. That's the reason why the vast majority of guys are here; we don't like being bald. That's all.

I don't know what part of the planet you guys are living on but from my personal experience the majority of people in North America in their 40's are not rocking a flawless set of follicles. Maybe in Asia perhaps, and I've spent enough time in the UK and Germany to know this is completely skewed information as well.

Heck, it isn't even true of people in their 30's... But Fred, for a guy who spent some time on this forum indicating that even with a buzzed down head he had great success with women and life, and then had an FUE transplant - clearly you haven't really come to terms with this yet. Still need more hair or what?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    I think your experience on the site has been shaped by the fact that you embrace your hairloss, and you even want more hairloss (e.g., laser hair removal). You like the way you look as cue-ball bald, and that's great for you, but this is a site about people who do not like their hairloss at all. That's the reason why the vast majority of guys are here; we don't like being bald. That's all.
    I can see that, but just felt like guys like me are called out a little bit, not by all but when a broad statement is made like "men with hairloss in the business world are always less successful" or "attractive young women never like bald guys" it kind of irks me, I admit I can see how a horseshoe is a deal breaker for a lot of gals but that's why I shave it, and yes it can be hit and miss on how it looks on the individual but you can usually make it work better than a Norwood 4 or higher even worse case, and it saves youth at the same time. (I know guys who have skin bare heads for aesthetics alone. I came here to point out that baldness isn't an all encompassing thing, when you lose hair you shouldn't believe your goals are now impossible, or that women won't find you attractive etc. The more men who positively deal with it the more it will become more socially acceptable, I truly believe that while mpb is negatively viewed as far as looks go, part of that generalization is because society sees how the people handle it , they see a high Norwood level and think of a guy who spends all day worried about it ( like some of the people here) ultimately I think the best cure is a razor. But that's me, maybe part of my handling it so well was the military background of family in that hair isn't necessary, keep good care of your body and speak loud and take what you want. So I never relied much on hair to begin with , it does seen most who struggle the most are the guys who had always made their hair a big part of their character and look. I do appreciate the respectful counter point, and understand that it can be very difficult young. Of everyone made points as straight forward and respectful as you have the internet would be a much more helpful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Heck, it isn't even true of people in their 30's... But Fred, for a guy who spent some time on this forum indicating that even with a buzzed down head he had great success with women and life, and then had an FUE transplant - clearly you haven't really come to terms with this yet. Still need more hair or what?
    Let's say I have my hair greed moments .

Let's say I have my hair greed moments .
    hair is not the root of your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 0kly View Post
    hair is not the root of your problem.
    What is it then? I'm listening.