+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Life isn't worth living if you're bald.

That's the truth. Have you ever thought about how much of life you missed out on because of your hair loss ? Well, we lose a lot. Everything from asking that girl out that we've always wanted to, being youthful and doing stupid things because you can, being the life of the party, leading the way at work cause you're not afraid to etc. Very rarely do I ever see a bald man leading anything, and if it ever happens, I wonder why there isn't a guy with a full head of hair to replace him. Hair loss, especially when you're young, forces you to grow up. Have you ever seen a 30 year old with a full head of hair skateboarding and looked back twice ? Probably not, but what happens if that 30 year old was slick bald ? Thoughts like this would likely run through your head: "Isn't he too old to be doing that ? Creep, grow up and act your age."

Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that, but a 50 year old with a full head of hair is never to old to be young. What about online dating ? What do you do when you go on a dating website, do you search from 20-30, or do you search from 30-40 because that's how old you look ? This disease is embarrassing, not only does it completely disfigure most men, it also holds you back in every aspect of life. You'll never be "the man" again. You'll never have the confidence that you once did when you had hair, and even if you do, people just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place. You're days are over and you're expired, regardless of your actual age. So remind me again, what's the point of living such a life ?

I agree with this post 100%. Everyone who disagrees is delusional (or NW1-2).

I've been bald, I can attest that this is the reality of the situation when you're a young bald man.

"People just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place" That's exactly what people think of you and tell themselves.

I talked to girls in public places when I had a full(ish) head of hair, and they were flattered. People around me even encouraged me.

Fast forward to NW5 at 23 years old, women on the street looked at me with disgust, like I offended them.

People don't accept that kind of behaviour from a creepy bald man.

For most guys around here it always comes down to women. They mention careers and other nonsense, but in reality their problem is that they believe that they cannot get hot women. Fred I believe that losing hair will destroy the appearance of most young men, but you are proof that it isn't a death sentence. Yes there are many women that will not give you the time of day because your lack of hair, but you seem to be doing pretty good as far as getting laid. If I recall correctly you said in a recent post that you have been with 30 women in your life time. Those are pretty impressive numbers. Most guys with a full head of hair cant match your hook up numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    For most guys around here it always comes down to women. They mention careers and other nonsense, but in reality their problem is that they believe that they cannot get hot women. Fred I believe that losing hair will destroy the appearance of most young men, but you are proof that it isn't a death sentence. Yes there are many women that will not give you the time of day because your lack of hair, but you seem to be doing pretty good as far as getting laid. If I recall correctly you said in a recent post that you have been with 30 women in your life time. Those are pretty impressive numbers. Most guys with a full head of hair cant match your hook up numbers.
    Thanks for changing the subject. If you didn't notice, getting women is only one of the many problems of losing hair. Can you provide a solution for the lack of youthfulness that us young bald men face everyday ? Not to be rude, but you have no idea what Fred has gone through. He's stable right now, but he's mentioned that he's had significant mental health issues because of this disease. He was a good looking young man, now he's just hanging onto the little youth that he can. It's not only about looking normal, it's about feeling normal, and it's hard to feel normal when you're a balding twenty something year-old. Even with all the pretty women in the world, I would still continue to feel disgusted seeing what I've become.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Can you provide a solution for the lack of youthfulness that us young bald men face everyday ?
    Stay healthy and fit? Good general health helps in having a youthful appearance despite being bald. I know this from personal experience that I have shared in several occasions in this forum. Let me do it again.

I am 45+ old, NW6/7, from the most unlucky ones that started losing hair in their teen age, so you would expect today a daddy-like figure: significant belly circumference, sagging face/eyes contour, egg-like head, wrinkles, mad scientist hair etc. Right? Wrong. I "managed" to keep in this age a very slender body, in a shape that can challenge any of the young guys that I see around me. But I will admit this is not quite fair because it seems that I am genetically gifted: I keep my shape without effort. No gym, simply a naturally slender body; hair buzzed down to 2 mm, and, for the standards of the forum, a nice shaped head.

You can say that all this is my wild and sick imagination, but no, this is what others are saying. What else to think when I see people who don't know me referring to my 16 years old daughter as my little ... sister? Or my girlfriend? Or to me as some postgraduate student when I wear a hat? Or the grandchild of my ... father?! I heard this from a young guy (~30) last year who saw me bald without hat. Also, I tried this summer some trousers that survived in my parent's house for 25 years. They fit me as if it was yesterday. I guess all this means it is not simply in my head.

Even with all the pretty women in the world, I would still continue to feel disgusted seeing what I've become.
    Indeed, despite all the previous I said, I cannot describe how much I miss the hair I lost in such a young age. Especially when I keep myself in a more than perfect shape (for my age). I am really jealous, in a good sense, of the young guys I see around having so much healthy hair. I never experienced this in my life as a young man, and I never will I guess. The last time I had this kind of hair was when I was around 15! I hope you can understand that I am one from the unluckiest in the hair department. Perhaps I would not care that much if I had healthy hair in my 20's and started balding after my 30.

So, despite the fact that my post started giving the impression that is trying to prove you wrong, in the end it only reinforces the original position. Hair is a vital part of ourselves, no matter how you look at it. But I would not go as far as saying that life is worthless without hair. This is one or two steps before suicide.

it is worth living. it sucks because we don't have hair and it's harder when for someone is easier to get the most simple things (the first thing - girls look at you and look at your hair,like everything else on your body and whoever say it differently is a liar,the second and most important - being normal,feeling normal and young)
    Being bald or balding is not normal.
    But as someone said before me, it's a question of "men's health" so we will not see any good or fast or cheap for cure this stupid and awful sickness.
    The only thing i can advice to you is to try out different things - look at my situation,i'm bald even if i had a transplant,frustrated as **** that i need to go under the knife again and throw another bunch of money out of my pocket and for it i'm wearing a wig at 26 for job interviews - they want YOUNG and NORMAL people. Not for chicks because if they cannot get over the fact that i'm bald they're not worth of my dick. that's it,i said it.

That being said
    being or feeling confident is different THAN being normal and feeling confident

You have to decide whatever you try is good to you but i can only advice to try to focus on something else - ie. money. money = transplant.
    and if the transplant doesn't go well,tattoo your head.

Hope it helps,even if today is one of those days i pretty much curse every young looking dude/ elder full of hair in my sight

Thanks for changing the subject. If you didn't notice, getting women is only one of the many problems of losing hair. Can you provide a solution for the lack of youthfulness that us young bald men face everyday ? Not to be rude, but you have no idea what Fred has gone through. He's stable right now, but he's mentioned that he's had significant mental health issues because of this disease. He was a good looking young man, now he's just hanging onto the little youth that he can. It's not only about looking normal, it's about feeling normal, and it's hard to feel normal when you're a balding twenty something year-old. Even with all the pretty women in the world, I would still continue to feel disgusted seeing what I've become.
    I know sometimes my posts can sound offensive, but that is not my intent at all. The main reason why I chose to focus on getting women is because that seems to be the primary concern for most of the young guys that are losing their hair.

I will respond to your post. I am 38, diffuse NW3 with severe crown loss. This didn't happen yesterday, I have been balding since I was 22, by my mid 20's I had no choice but to buzz my head. So I am not showing up here at close to 40, with a NW1, trying to tell you "it's not that bad". Now I understand I didn't have the worst case of hair loss, but I was dealing with this crap way younger then I should have been. Your youthfulness will take a hit when you are losing hair, no doubt about it, but there are things you can do to lesson the overall effect. To keep it simple, body type and hair style. Fred had been mentioned so to use him as an example, he isn't rocking a horseshoe. He keeps is closely buzzed and although he might disagree with me, he looks pretty damn good, and I still think he looks like he is in his 20's. You say he was a good looking guy. I say he still is good looking.

As far as your comment about not knowing what fred has gone through. I have read all the posts you have. I would still not consider myself an expert on his situation so I will just leave it at that.

This post is getting long so I will be brief with my next point. As far as being overlooked for jobs. I would never deny that looks are a factor that is just life. I'm my professional life, when I applied for my first management position(not talking fast food lol), I was a young NW3, with less experience than all of the other applicants. I was chosen over them and yes they had full heads of hair. Hair loss doesn't have to be a career killer.

Your last point about not liking what you see, I get that, I have my low points also, but you can't let it keep you from living and succeeding in your life.

That's the truth. Have you ever thought about how much of life you missed out on because of your hair loss ? Well, we lose a lot. Everything from asking that girl out that we've always wanted to, being youthful and doing stupid things because you can, being the life of the party, leading the way at work cause you're not afraid to etc. Very rarely do I ever see a bald man leading anything, and if it ever happens, I wonder why there isn't a guy with a full head of hair to replace him. Hair loss, especially when you're young, forces you to grow up. Have you ever seen a 30 year old with a full head of hair skateboarding and looked back twice ? Probably not, but what happens if that 30 year old was slick bald ? Thoughts like this would likely run through your head: "Isn't he too old to be doing that ? Creep, grow up and act your age."

Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that, but a 50 year old with a full head of hair is never to old to be young. What about online dating ? What do you do when you go on a dating website, do you search from 20-30, or do you search from 30-40 because that's how old you look ? This disease is embarrassing, not only does it completely disfigure most men, it also holds you back in every aspect of life. You'll never be "the man" again. You'll never have the confidence that you once did when you had hair, and even if you do, people just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place. You're days are over and you're expired, regardless of your actual age. So remind me again, what's the point of living such a life ?
    Live life for yourself, and not to impress others. You are what you are. Just accept yourself and don't give a shit of what others think of you.

And after he's been rejected by dozens of girls, been turned down at dozens of job interviews, laughed at by all people close to him, all because he's balding, what does he do then?

It's easy to say "just don't give a shit about what others think of you". We all live our life through the eyes of others to some extent. We are social animals, nothing can change that fact.

i agree with both of you, but suicide is not a solution