+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Unless you post pictures of your hair, I won't believe you.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Please, I had diffuse hair loss from the age of 17 and was told by a top surgeon that I was one of the worst cases of hair loss at such a young age he had seen in his career.

Yet I was not bald at 19, almost no one can be truly bald at that age. Unless you post pictures of your hair, I won't believe you. If you're not bald, of course girls won't mind.

Because they believe (and it is still likely to be the case) that you can grow it out. I kind of had the same advantage with my diffuse hair loss, most girls believed I had hair.

Gerhard, maybe you don't understand how baldness can push you over the edge because like every other guy who likes to believe he has the answer, you've never been bald.

Be careful of what you say, I was like you before, like BeaveCake at 19, it all changed when I experienced true baldness at the age of 22.

I'm at peace now, and it's not because I've accepted my baldness, it's not because I don't care about people think anymore (you will always care).

It's because I've got hair on my head again thanks to my FUE hair transplant. It's the only way out of this nightmare really.
    +1. I get such a kick out of all these guys who come on here claiming how others are so screwed up for worrying and obsessing about their hair loss, when these guys suffer from such minimal hair loss that no one will ever consider them bald. Simply put, they do not even know because they are not even close to being bald themselves. I also get a kick out of how this site is called "the bald truth" yet it seems like virtually everyone on here is not even close to being bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    +1
    I'm getting tired of notifications to email so after this Is the last use of the account, THERE IS NO HAIR TO PHOTOGRAPH BECAUSE IT IS SHAVED, the picture would just be skin, I didn't take pictures of it when it was thin, I didn't need to, I could see through the hairline in the mirror, people pointed it out, blood work was done to make sure I wasn't sick, dermatologists (3 of them) told me that about 60-70% of my follicles had stopped producing hair, after several months they told me it wouldn't be coming back, so I shaved it, whether you think it's truly bald or not, I have no hair, it's to the skin, and I've been told it is not coming back several times. Shaved is shaved, I don't see what different the unused follicles make whether they are active or not. But I moved on and life got better, something which apparently isn't welcome on this site. Good luck to all.

80% of men suffer from hairloss, most men I see either have bad hair, short hair which you don't even think about, hair loss or a shaved head... In other words only a small bunch of men have "good hair".. Not that anyone cares about men's hair.. It is a feminine feature

Most insults thrown your way are probably light hearted and just exaggerated in your own negative mind.

Stop using hairloss as a excuse for everything bad in your life, maybe you need to sit down with your father or some male figure and talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    80% of men suffer from hairloss, most men I see either have bad hair, short hair which you don't even think about, hair loss or a shaved head... In other words only a small bunch of men have "good hair".. Not that anyone cares about men's hair.. It is a feminine feature

Most insults thrown your way are probably light hearted and just exaggerated in your own negative mind.

Stop using hairloss as a excuse for everything bad in your life, maybe you need to sit down with your father or some male figure and talk about it.
    ...he said, after subscribing to a hairloss forum in hopes of learning of a possible cure for his hairloss affliction.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    ...he said, after subscribing to a hairloss forum in hopes of learning of a possible cure for his hairloss affliction.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite
    I did some research on a condition I have? So what I haven't let hairloss stop me from being successful and in no way let myself become suicidal

I did some research on a condition I have? So what I haven't let hairloss stop me from being successful and in no way let myself become suicidal
    The point is that guys should be able to come here and honestly relate how hairloss affects their lives. I'm somewhere between a NW5 and NW5A, but I would never ridicule a NW1 who came here and was really upset at his early stages of hairloss. Yet, I could easily imagine a NW6 laughing and telling a NW1 that he doesn't know what real hairloss is like yet. We also see it the other way around, quite often, with guys who have barely lost any hair ridiculing those who have lost substantially more. Ridicule toward other posters experiencing hairloss serves no useful purpose.

Some guys take it well, while others don't. The common thing that we all share, whether we have no hairloss at all yet or whether we're somewhere past NW7, is that we were all concerned enough to register for this site. With that in mind, why should anyone try to tell someone else to just get over it? If it bothers a guy seeing someone else honestly describing how his hairloss makes him feel, why should he compound the guy's problem by telling him that he's just a sad and pathetic for feeling that way and to just get a grip and accept it? It seems very hypocritical to me. I trust that you can see that.

This is just completely false, the vast majority of men, even in their 40's, have great hair. Keep telling yourself these lies, balding men are a minority.

Also, I will say it again until it sinks in for the NW1.5 newbies: you are not bald! You have no say in that matter, wait until you're NW4 to tell us how great you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    I'm getting tired of notifications to email so after this Is the last use of the account, THERE IS NO HAIR TO PHOTOGRAPH BECAUSE IT IS SHAVED, the picture would just be skin,
    Even if you are shaved you can still tell whether you are bald or not. Easy to tell the difference between shaved and bald. You could easily post a pic of the top of your head and we will be able to tell if you are as bald as you say you are.

[QUOTE=Notcoolanymore;198602]Even if you are shaved you can still tell whether you are bald or not. Easy to tell the difference between shaved and bald. You could easily post a pic of the top of your head and we will be able to tell if you are as bald as you say you are.[/

I shave my head every morning and night with shaving cream and a head blade rasor. There isn't even a shadow (because when there is the top almost looks patchy) This site has become a joke. I joined also for information at first about my condition, then while I do admit I was lucky to be a minority that can pull off cue bald extremely well, I was still concerned at first but I still strived for what I wanted, and accomplished it, I didn't belittle anyone in these posts but tried to offer examples from other chromedomes like myself who are successful whether it be with women or in careers. I truthfully meant to help, I didn't say anything about people whining or complaining , I just tried to show that I still am considered youthful despite me rejecting some immature American Eagle type look. Can't you see where it's also hypocritical to tell someone who has life experiences and friends and family with those positive experiences, that all they know is wrong, "that can't be right because my life didn't go that way with hairloss" is how I take what you said. My family is VERY military so a shaved head (even cue ball) isn't uncommon, hell the Rangers in the family have to have cue-ball , no shadow. And I removed first looking at my gleaming head when I did it, worried what girls would think , and just a couple weeks later my mom (who does photography) was hired to take pictures at a wedding for a guy who was shaved clean and gorgeous girl. Mom told the guy I have a cut like his and she said he responded with 'he's got the dreaded mpb too huh ?' And then laughed. Believe me or not I don't care, I'll take real life experience over what people say on the internet any day. But just because you may have had a hard time doesn't mean that hairloss is going to destroy everyone's life, cancer does that maybe but not hairloss. Yes it sucks it's not fair, and it would be easier to be bolder in life with hair maybe but still, life is about progress and overcoming obstacles, and maybe I'll never know when I'm 'truly' bald since I don't let my hair progress at all, but I move on without it, actually considering laser removal so I don't have to shave all the time, I have a consult in April for it. I meant this post respectfully but with some distaste at how some are treated on this site.