+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thanks dude. The psoriasis will go, I've done it before. Took a while to come back too but I e eaten a lot of bread and crappy sugary foods for a bit. Not enough vegetables. Seriously appreciated thiugh. Funny I have no photographs of myself with a shaved head Huh? I guess I don't have a ton of them anyway.

For me I will describe slow loss:

High hairline all my life. The shape of my head I guess. I didn't even notice this crap until I was probaboy in my late teens and began to look more closely at other people and myself and learn the things I didn't like about myself.

So... Damn I should use photos. Anyway from 15/16 on I looked like a classic NW2 but I suspect my hairline was almost always this way. Even as a kid I had a high brow.

Move into my mid twenties and I have a hairline more reminiscent of an NW3 but with good thickness all over. It may actually have even been sooner than this. And lots of people were telling me I was going bald around 21 on when I first started working.

Now move forward into my mid 30's. Same hairline, maybe a little thinner in front but looks the same as it did when I was in my late 20's, at 30, a few years ago - actually may be better now than a few years ago.

That's pretty slow I think yah? :P

I'd call that slow, for sure. You're relatively fortunate!

As for dermal issues, I can actually relate to a degree. I was diagnosed with seborrheic keratosis and dermatitis as a kid, and in my teens it was especially wicked. So I've used prescription clobetasol .05% for years, and it works beautifully. At this point I don't need to use it nearly as much. But with the keratoses, I haven't actually shaved my head so I don't see them, but if I went bald I imagine I would, and then I would need cryosurgery or something to have them removed. Dear lord...

What treatment(s) do you use for your psoriasis?

Hmmm yah I had to look up keratosis to even know what it was!! Sometimes it looks a lot like psoriasis it seems. Nasty.

For medication I was given Topicort which is a steroid. It is not great but it works on the small patches (if you catch one early enough it even seems to 'cure' it) but by and large as soon as you stop using it, it ceases to work.

I was recommended to go on some sort of systemic drug byy physician which would suppress the immune system - no effing way. So I started to look at alternatives.

The first read I had which made sense to me was by Dr Pagano who wrote a book called Healing Psoraisis: a natural alternative or something. He was a chiropractor who had observed changes in skin conditions though nothing but food. Intrigued me but hard to follow the food regime so nothing.

Then I came across this:

http://www.howtobeatpsoriasis.com

And though originally ahh yes fake. But the information was free with your own psoriasis story so I wrote it, and got the info and a light went on. I didn't do it for the next two years then when I broke up with my long term ex I was on my own and had nothing to do but adjust to single life so I said screw it and tried his smoothie.

Cut out bread, red meat for the most part, wheat, dairy, the nigh shades (like tomatoes) and sugar almost entirely and started eating fish, poultry, and a ton of vegetables and drinking his smoothies.

They're made up of lettuce, soy milk, olive oil, parsley, onions, carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and your choice of bananas, apples, pears or grapes as a sweetener. Oh yah and some green tea.

Anyway I stuck with it. Month 1 - little change. Month 2 skin smoothing, month 3-6 it totally disappeared and then I bought a house and renovated it and went back to the old ways and within about 4 months it all came back.

Awesome right? But I learned I could naturally get rid of it. Skin was healthier too, more energy, and crazy sex drive. So well worth it.

Just getting back to this now though several years later hahaha.

I'd be happy to supply anyone with all the info in greater detail but pm me and we will chat.

Interesting. Well, food definitely influences the level of inflammation in the body. I wonder how many dermal manifestations can be linked to it. An anti-inflammatory diet is indicated in Rheumatoid Arthritis and other conditions, and I know it's what I need to do, considering I have elevated inflammation. I know for sure that some of those foods you mentioned contribute. I need to lower my sugar consumption, and just avoid tomato altogether (it gives me hives and makes me feel awful anyway).

I have no doubt it could help any of the inflammatory or autoimmune disorders including stuff like arthritis. Also helps with a ton of other things. I mentioned before it helped regrow hair on skin I had psoriasis on before (which stopped hair from growing). Also noted that if I cut myself I'd heal in like 24 hours for any small cuts that usually took days.

I imagine eating like that takes a lot of the strain off your body and let's it function at its best, not to mention everything is so nutrient packed and poison free that it can't help but give all your cells a serious boost.

Even the recipe alone combined with normal food is probably a great help. I have also experimented with eating nothing but crap before and in the span of a month or so it drives my skin absolutely insane.

I'd be happy to share how it is done with anyone interested thiugh. You guys know where to find me.

I agree with that Life without hair is totally distrubing. Hair is the integral part of the personality, but thanks to science there are lots of treatment is available for baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcooper View Post
    I agree with that Life without hair is totally distrubing. Hair is the integral part of the personality, but thanks to science there are lots of treatment is available for baldness.
    We have the same shit we had 20 years ago, and a bunch of experimentals that only God knows what the hell they are doing to the guys that use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    We have the same shit we had 20 years ago, and a bunch of experimentals that only God knows what the hell they are doing to the guys that use them.
    Nice to see you're being realistic. I knew you were going to crack sooner or later. I ran delusional game for a long time, thinking that women cared more about my personality and who I was then my hair, and then I left my house and got educated real fast. I think the worst thing that can happen to a balding guy is to have your peers with full heads of hair tell you that losing your hair isn't a bad thing and there's still life after hair loss. The guy then believes that delusional crap and doesn't treat his hair loss, ends up NW5+ with no chance of return, and then winds up on forums like these. Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about, this guy is going to be in for a big surprise when he reaches NW5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_9RsgPSpo4

I take it you saw my thread on the other forum.

Life isn't worth living if you're bald.
    If you honestly believe that then you need to get yourself to a psychiatrist