Threaded View

I'm not going to say being bald is a walk in the park. I'm 19 and either a 2.5 or a 3 on the Norwood scale. All I can say to this thread is "Wow" though. Like, no shit. I understand as NotCoolAnymore said that it is mainly about self perception. Few notice I'm balding and those that I make aware shrug and tell me that my face more than makes up for it and I'm fine, but even still I'm self conscious about it. The amount of self-pity, self-wallowing, self-depreciating, and overall NARCISSISM from you guys though is ****ing astounding. John, buck up and get your ass out there. You're at an age when this shit is WAY more accepted, you have the fortune to be good looking, AND well off. You're successful, man. Quit making it sound like you can't breed because your kids would be genetically inferior for not having hair. Do you understand how ****ing SAD that is to actually see someone write?

FFS, this is unreal. The fact that some of you are agreeing with what he's saying is just ****ing outrageous. And before you knock me down with the whole "You're not a high enough norwood to understand!" to that I say **** off. I get it, my hair loss ISN'T as bad as yours YET, but I still have more recession than your average 19 year old and will likely be right when you all are some day. You guys make it sound like life is over, all things are meaningless, etc.

****ing man up and accept that a NW1 isn't your life. You aren't gonna get that. I've finally made peace with that and I've decided that if push comes to shove I'll get an HT, thicken up my frontal and temporal zones, let my crown go slick bald and rock a Zinedine Zidane. Why? Because although it isn't what I want it's the best I can do and I can LIVE with that. I know I will still be found attractive and worthwhile.

****, this thread is full of BDD sufferers and that's coming from someone WITH BDD.

Fred, you're free from baldness. I've seen your thread, you look like you have a passable full head of hair if you keep it short (which is how you like) so WHY ARE YOU SUPPORTING THIS SHIT!? Tell them to get a cosmetic surgery, make due with the grafts you can maintain or have left and ****ing buck up because that's what YOU finally did. Give some ****ing hope, man.