+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

There was a study where wives had to chose whether they'd prefer their husband to go bald or to become fat.

Guess which one the majority chose. That's right: fat.

Baldness is worse than being overweight. Mostly because weight can be controlled.

You are overthinking yourself Monkeybutt.
    Take two equals, fat slobs etc. whatever. The 2nd guy WITH good styled hair will pull a hotter girl.

You are also overthinking "some guys look better shaved". OK, the guy with hair always has the option to shave/ buzz it down. The bald guy doesnt.

The girl will pick a guy with hair 10 / 10 times.

It is also sad that a bald guy must compensate somehow for being a high # norwood. He is expected to workout, be rich, be confident, be an Alpha, and have a bigger penis. - Meanwhile the guy with beautiful hair can relax, sit back, and get sucked off via road head.

Hahaha okay sure. Aside from the fact that you can find studies that will tell you anything about anything fair enough. I obviously just sit at home jerking off so I have no idea what I'm talking about... Also never tried to pick up women with a shaved head so how would I know right??

Not sure I personally know any women who would rather a hideously out of shape person with awesome hair versus someone who was in good physical shape but without but again, if a study says so it MUST be true. It's a miracle bald people have girlfriends at all, right?? I mean how does it happen? They must be forced in to it or wives from Russia or something.

I will agree that when dealing with a younger said of girls that this will be a group that wants hair a lot more than the older set cares about (and by older I mean past about 26 or so), and yes you are going to have some women who badly want hair. There are also womn who love it without. I've even dated one who wanted me to shave my head sooo hmmm.

I'll also generally agree I think most people look better with hair but ask yourself this - as a guy dating women is it more important they have a great head of hair, or do you care more about the body and if the hair is messed up, maybe poorly styled, or just in a ponytail and thin or whatever... Is that better than a person with a terrible body and flawless hair?

The truth: almost everyone enjoys thinning hair or some degree of baldness throughout their lives and it gets progressively so as time passes. We will also go grey, lose vitality and strength, energy, and most people let themselves go.

The best counter to this = healthy diet and regular exercise, some sun, and avoid depression. Maybe avoid too many self abuses too.

Another truth: most people with or without hair absolutely suck at picking up members of the other sex. Everyone has insecurities about themselves and we are all most ruthlessly critical of our own bodies.

I have been blessed with a high hairline since I was in my teens. No bald spot, and it doesn't appear to be getting much worse but I have never loved my hair and have messed with it forever multiple times a day to keep it looking okay. And it rarely does from all angles anyway.

And of the 30 or so girlfriends I've managed to have only the ones I had when I was in my teens and early twenties said anything about my hair. Now they just don't seem to notice at all. Whether it's because I make them laugh, am self confident with or without hair, can entertain them, am self sufficient with job and place and have a decent sense of style I can't tell you.

I can't pick up every woman, in fact I'd say using dating websites I probably average 1/50 or worse, but dammit of those I am rarely dumped and if so it is totally not for my hair. Lack of time, commitment, caring sure. Hair?? Hells no.

Now if you feel you're screwed because you are losing hair and you let this damage your confidence you're right - you are. And I have many apathetic friends with full heads of hair who for various reasons have no self confidence either and guess what?? They're ewhally unattractive to women.

So hit the gym if you have to, partake in activities which make you interesting to be around, make yourself happy through whatever means you have at your disposal, constantly learn things, pick up a damn guitar - learn to fly an airplane or sky jump I don't know. Maybe sports. And you'll do juuuuuust fine.

Or you can sit around griping and watching flawless Hollywood hair on TV in a chair or on a couch and lament your life away. It really makes no difference to me:

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    There was a study where wives had to chose whether they'd prefer their husband to go bald or to become fat.

Guess which one the majority chose. That's right: fat.

Baldness is worse than being overweight. Mostly because weight can be controlled.
    LOL! Link to that study? Anyway, I don't think women think about their partners in terms of sexual pleasure like we men do. Otherwise, they would have definitely chosen bald over fat. I mean, what would you chose for a wife? A curvy and fit bald woman or a fat and out of shape woman? Even if you don't like bald women, you could put a wig over her head and have fantastic sex. Sex with an obese woman on the other hand doesn't sound that great.

Quote Originally Posted by blondetooth View Post
    You are overthinking yourself Monkeybutt.
    Take two equals, fat slobs etc. whatever. The 2nd guy WITH good styled hair will pull a hotter girl.

You are also overthinking "some guys look better shaved". OK, the guy with hair always has the option to shave/ buzz it down. The bald guy doesnt.

The girl will pick a guy with hair 10 / 10 times.

It is also sad that a bald guy must compensate somehow for being a high # norwood. He is expected to workout, be rich, be confident, be an Alpha, and have a bigger penis. - Meanwhile the guy with beautiful hair can relax, sit back, and get sucked off via road head.
    I don't think having hair is that big of an advantage as you are making out to be. Daily, I see plenty of ugly guys with hair, while many bald men still look great. 90% of your looks is your face. If your face is good, you can relax.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Sex with an obese woman on the other hand isn't that great.
    This is what you wanted to write, but caught yourself.

This thread is such bullshit, sorry I guess I'm just in a realistic mood today. Hair loss is a debilitating thing to many people (including me some days) but that doesn't mean that it should ruin your life. You can overcome baldness if you work hard enough on your character, style, confidence, and skills.

I believe balding does age you though, by looking older you don't exactly look the same with your age group so you kind of become a black sheep in a way. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I uped my style to look more classy and unique, I became more mature and judged people more kindly because of how I was judged, I've worked on my skills in multiple areas that I've mentioned before such as music, academics, certifications, etc.; my confidence improved because I stopped giving a shit about the insignificant people who try to keep me down. All in all, baldness has kind of made me a better person, it made me work around a serious problem in my life and Ive become stronger as a result. I still want my hair back, hence why I'm on the forum, but I'm not going to let this destroy me.

I'm sure this seems unnecessary but there is a lot of negativity here when things are seriously progressing, which baffles me. If I was some guy who just realized that he was losing his hair and checked out the forum to see what he could do and he sees this shit, it would really make me feel miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    You can overcome baldness if you work hard enough on your character, style, confidence, and skills. .
    We have to do all that, it's mandatory for us, and guys with full heads of hair can just cruise through life putting 10x less efforts than us baldies and get the girls, jobs or whatever.

If baldness isn't a big deal and is so easy to overcome, tell me why do we have to overcompensates with character, style, confidence, being a millionaire etc. ? Explain this. Let me guess, you're not bald, you just started losing your hair and are in denial about how much hair loss is a deal breaker in every area of your life.

I've been bald, slick NW5, intelligent (I like to think) tall charismatic guy who has his shit together. Guess what, I've been treated like crap for being bald. Newbies need to know the truth, because they'll experience it anyway, and it's stupid to feed them white lies.

Baldness is a big deal, society despises bald men. Bald men are less attractive and often ignored by women. Bald men are less likely to get the job if in competition with NW1 men. Bald men are the target of jokes, mockery, the last bastion of political incorrectness. It's OK to mock bald men, even encouraged, "come on it's just hair!" "I'm not attracted bald men, sorry for being honest" women will tell you.

Bald men have to know their place, once you're bald, you cannot do certain things anymore. Hit on a young hot girl you like? Forget it, you'll be perceived as a creepy rapist bald guy. It saddens me to see so many NW2 guys in denial on these forums, while pretty much all the sane young bald men will tell them the same thing: balding sucks, balding is a living nightmare, balding will destroy your romantic and social worth, and there is no other way to look at it.