+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    and a person who is dumb and boring but perfect looking may glean immediate bar attention but when it really comes down to it... I can't say I agree. You're better off having a personality and some glimmer to your life.
    This I agree with. I can't stand perfectly looking people, men and women alike, that make you run to hide when they open their mouth. On the other hand, there are many people out there that go unnoticed looks-wise but they can win your attention and interest with what they can say or do. I have seen both categories so many times.

As far as working with the public goes, I have been done that many times. And I can't say it seems to have had any impact on sales, customer relations, or any other aspect of my job. Sure, I may be missing hair - but I still keep myself well groomed well dressed. Granted that may be enough to look professional and thereby circumvent what you are suggesting.
    When working with the public, looks can be important at the level of a first impression. They can have a positive impact at that stage because they don't turn people away in the way bad looks would do. But the game is not won yet. What matters most is what you do for the people you interact with.

And there are cases where even when you deal with the public, looks play a minimal role, if at all.

Keep yourself in decent shape (No, you don't have to look like Vin Diesel or some sh*t),
    Yeah, I never understood why people keep bringing up this kind of male model. If what women say behind anonymity in forums is to be trusted, then this is not the model to follow. It is appealing only to a minority of them.

It's a funny thing that Vin Diesel, Statham, The Rock & co. always get mentioned when people talk men who look good bald. Less ripped types like Ed Harris, Patrick Stewart, Samuel L. Jackson, Sean Connery are way underrated, and FAR more appealing.

Plus, you'd be surprised but bald men are considered way more attractive than ones with hair in large portions of Europe.

Hahaha agreed. Actually paying attention to studies of which sort of body type women find most attractive and it seems what you should be aiming for is something along the lines of Brad Pitt in Fight Club. It consistently got the highest ratings of many different types of musculature and it's not actually that extreme. They had chopped off heads in the studies I observed so people wouldn't link it to a particular celebrity - but even the sculpted body of Ryan Reynolds was not as attractive to women as that.

Bald heads If you can pull it off are quite sexy to a lot of women but it has to be either clipped super short like Patrick Stewart or better yet shaved. This is work, everyday, but unless you have a hideously deformed head (and guess what most of us don't) it's actually a completely viable look.

Being health and in shape = better than hair for women.
    The body part noticed and appreciated most by women, oddly enough, is your posterior. Go figure.

Arms cheat were like half way down.

Arms and chest *

Personally I'd I could have hair wherever I wanted it I would want a decent hairline instead of the NW2.5 I currently have (sure I can make it look like I have more hair with little effort but still subject to wind and crap) but I'd go with an NW1 or slightly past that, and just keep the damned shit buzzed. Easy clean look, never looks bad, and sooooo easy to maintain.

Debating trying the shaved look for a bit, buzzed look, make some of the lighter mess (I don't appear to be losing more hair, maybe slight frontal thinning if anything) and see how that goes. If nothing changes in a few years I'd consider moving some hair forward and reforming that hairline and then it will be clippers for ever. The same way I treat my facial hair hahaya

a overweight slob male with HAIR IS MUCH more attractive / hotter than the same guy without hair.

it sucks how the bald guy must workout or have a top %10 extrovert personality to be equal to the haired slob pig.

its true, looks are the main first impression factor in dating, and general respect.

I don't agree with you but there it is. Most people are not rolling around with gloriously styled hair looking good, in case you haven't opened your eyes and had a look around. There are people who being shaved clean looks much better on without a doubt.

If you think for some reason your hair defines your physique, attractiveness and ability to pick up women then hit damn you're in for a long bumpy miserable life. I fortunately know better

I have far less hair than many of my male friends and somehow only have one who is better at picking up and entertaining girls than I am - and he has completely messed up teeth and is overweight and yes, has hair, but hates it and keeps it short. But of course you can believe whatever you want hahaha

But seriously... You think an overweight slob with hair will attract more women than even a thin guy with no hair? You don't understand women at all do you... Let me guess, one of life's great mysteries hahaha. That elusive 'tang.

Who you are > how you look unless you're trying to pick up girls and not women. There's a huge difference. They haven't acclimitized yet. I wonder how many guys you see daily wandering around in that 30+ range with a flawless head of hair.... Maybe I'm completely screwed up here but hot damn it's not many. Less by 40. And then you're dealing with grey hair too, but if you're not able to muster any sort of self confidence then latch on to the first woman you find and hold on for the rest of your life (or at least until you hate each other). Maybe by then it won't bother you anymore.

Honestly the two hottest girls who are my friends are matched to bald guys. One shaved, and one just showing a complete lack of hair and not giving a crap. Neither of the dudes are even that amazing, just average guys living life. One is a meat head, the other a pale skinny dude who purchases clothing for a department store.

Wow.