+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 231
  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    come on guys! ok, I accept being bald is not ideal but it is not something dreadful. If people judge you for being bald, it means they are wrong people for you and you should get hem out of your life.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    There are an infinite amount of people that have it way worse than losing hair. Missing limbs, PTSD, blindess, severe anxiety disorder, etc. Hairloss is a bargain in comparison.
    I call BS on some of this. I have dealt with PTSD and severe anxiety disorder but nothing even comes close to body dysmorphic disorder which hair loss can cause, I mean damn, if there was any reason for someone to suffer bdd than hair loss has to be high on that list.

    It's also BS that it's not taken seriously and it can easily effect somebody in every aspect of their life from their employment to relationships to social life. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise, personal appearance is a major part of life, and nothing will whack that up than mpb. The OP has taken a lot of heat but I gotta agree with him.

    I've been through divorce, my ex cheated multiple times and almost everyone knew and nobody ever told me. I've been through a looooooooong custody battle where I didn't see my daughter for almost 8 months. The result of the above took almost every cent I had and cost me my home which was built %100 on money I made. I basically lost everything I had ever worked for because I married the wrong woman. So you can see where my PTSD and severe anxiety disorder came from.

    I've moved past all of that, started to build up a new life but the one thing I cannot overcome is my dumb-luck appearance. Not even in my mid-30's and complete nw7. Far, far worse than anything I've been through because it's permanent and there is nothing I can do about it. What's even more bizarre is I've had a shaved head for almost half my life and would have a shaved head now even if I had a full head of hair. I have every "element" people "say" you "need" to pull of the shaved head except for height as I'm pretty much bang on average.

    Try and explain that to a therapist, it doesn't go down well.

  3. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    I call BS on some of this. I have dealt with PTSD and severe anxiety disorder but nothing even comes close to body dysmorphic disorder which hair loss can cause, I mean damn, if there was any reason for someone to suffer bdd than hair loss has to be high on that list.

    It's also BS that it's not taken seriously and it can easily effect somebody in every aspect of their life from their employment to relationships to social life. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise, personal appearance is a major part of life, and nothing will whack that up than mpb. The OP has taken a lot of heat but I gotta agree with him.

    I've been through divorce, my ex cheated multiple times and almost everyone knew and nobody ever told me. I've been through a looooooooong custody battle where I didn't see my daughter for almost 8 months. The result of the above took almost every cent I had and cost me my home which was built %100 on money I made. I basically lost everything I had ever worked for because I married the wrong woman. So you can see where my PTSD and severe anxiety disorder came from.

    I've moved past all of that, started to build up a new life but the one thing I cannot overcome is my dumb-luck appearance. Not even in my mid-30's and complete nw7. Far, far worse than anything I've been through because it's permanent and there is nothing I can do about it. What's even more bizarre is I've had a shaved head for almost half my life and would have a shaved head now even if I had a full head of hair. I have every "element" people "say" you "need" to pull of the shaved head except for height as I'm pretty much bang on average.

    Try and explain that to a therapist, it doesn't go down well.
    I hear you brother. All the pep talk doesn't necessarily help the people who are smart enough to figure that by definition- pep talk is some overly optimistic irrational bull shit. Distorting the truth - never appealed to me. I am balding and you made me realize maybe I am not trying enough to save my remaining hair. I always thought I could get a HT later on but for some reason all the people here dont seem to think that viability of hair transplants is not good enough to stop worrying about hair loss. I am actually a little puzzled about this and I invite other more informed people to comment. Thanks.

  4. #54
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    I call BS on some of this. I have dealt with PTSD and severe anxiety disorder but nothing even comes close to body dysmorphic disorder which hair loss can cause, I mean damn, if there was any reason for someone to suffer bdd than hair loss has to be high on that list.

    It's also BS that it's not taken seriously and it can easily effect somebody in every aspect of their life from their employment to relationships to social life. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise, personal appearance is a major part of life, and nothing will whack that up than mpb. The OP has taken a lot of heat but I gotta agree with him.

    I've been through divorce, my ex cheated multiple times and almost everyone knew and nobody ever told me. I've been through a looooooooong custody battle where I didn't see my daughter for almost 8 months. The result of the above took almost every cent I had and cost me my home which was built %100 on money I made. I basically lost everything I had ever worked for because I married the wrong woman. So you can see where my PTSD and severe anxiety disorder came from.

    I've moved past all of that, started to build up a new life but the one thing I cannot overcome is my dumb-luck appearance. Not even in my mid-30's and complete nw7. Far, far worse than anything I've been through because it's permanent and there is nothing I can do about it. What's even more bizarre is I've had a shaved head for almost half my life and would have a shaved head now even if I had a full head of hair. I have every "element" people "say" you "need" to pull of the shaved head except for height as I'm pretty much bang on average.

    Try and explain that to a therapist, it doesn't go down well.
    I am also NW7, but I'm pretty happy. I don't know whats the problem with you.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I am also NW7, but I'm pretty happy. I don't know whats the problem with you.
    He has not drowned in self-delusion.

    @templerun: a HT is the only viable solution out of this mess in my opinion. There's nothing else really.

    The ideal would be the combination of good FUE megasessions and concealers. Better than just remain bald.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Even if we do assume that baldozer is as good looking as he thinks he is(never seen pics) , that is 1 out of what every 1000? 1 out of every 10,000? It has been said many times before and I will say it again balding does not work for most that have it. I do my best not to walk around completely depressed like many on this forum, but that doesn't mean I am completely oblivious as to the effect that MPB is having on my life.

  7. #57
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Baldozer and fred790 are polar opposites.

    One can live freely as a Norwood 6. The other depends on a FUE megasession for survival.

    Honestly, I side a bit more with Fred790 because I am deeply depressed over hair loss.

    More power to you Baldozer. You really must be handsome with a great head shape to be happy. At least ur happy, cat man, and I hope u stay that way!

  8. #58
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    He has not drowned in self-delusion.

    @templerun: a HT is the only viable solution out of this mess in my opinion. There's nothing else really.

    The ideal would be the combination of good FUE megasessions and concealers. Better than just remain bald.
    If delusion keeps me happy, than I would rather be deluded. Life is too short. So, I would rather enjoy it than staying depressed.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    F*ck Balding
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Every day, I make this promise to myself "I'm not going to read hair loss forums today". This thread is an example of why I want to stay far, far away from hair loss forums (apart from the useful content on here like future treatments and experiences with (experimental) hair loss combatters). I wish I didn't read it: it makes me sad but especially affraid. It makes me sad because it makes me think that baldness is a big disadvantage in the eyes of society. However, that's not what I fear the most. I am terrified that I will be just like some of the guys on here when I grow up: a depressed, anxious, broken person.

    Balding usually doesn't do much good for your appearance. But this mindset (see thread title) has got to stop. Some of you guys are literally throwing your life away. I just can't believe baldness is the only reason for not wanting to live anymore. It just can't be. And if you guys are going to tell me it is, then yes, I want to be delusional about that. Like baldozer said, if that's keeping me happy then I'd rather be deluded.

    That's also the only thing I agree with him on. Seriously baldozer, wtf are you doing on this site? 70% of your posts consists of you saying that you don't mind being a nw7 and that you look good. 29% is naming handsome bald(ing) celebrities and telling others what facial aesthetics a man need. Then there is the remaining 1% when you talk about the actual reason (according to yourself) you're on this site: the future baldness of your son or whatever.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Oh wow. The first of these posts caught my eye and I just kept reading. I am shocked to see some of you have these views, but granted I didn't lose a ton of hair in my 20's so I perhaps cannot empathize with your exact situations.

    I have had a high hairline for a very long time, since my late teens, and it certainly hasn't improved. While I still maintain an acceptable amount of hair it still preoccupies a reasonable amount if my thoughts and I look at my remaining hair in a mirror far more often than I should.

    I am not sure I agree that life is ruined without hair though. I've always maintained if I lose enough of it that I will just shave my head and be done with it. I keep myself fit and exercise regularly, and have shaved my head in the past - true it doesn't look as good as people with s full set of hair but it looks far superior to the balding look especially if you take the time to shave it properly. In fact it remains one of the cleanest looks I have ever seen on men. Keep yourself healthy and hair or no hair you will look much better than most other people of there wandering around.

    As far as women go - to think you can't find women with no hair or balding is a serious misjudgement. Pay attention to the people around you and their women, social status, whatever. I know and see tons of guys with a sad state of hair with perfectly good women.

    I also know many guys with a full head of hair who have it looking like crap, poorly cut, horrible hygiene and overweight sagging bodies which women like far less than no hair. Also in case you haven't notices the majority of people in western societies are missing most of their hair at an ever increasingly early age. So this claim of 'normal' to have hair is utter BS. The opposite is true. Worried about youth? Look at a fit slick bald guy with a shaved head in their 40's versus a guy with greasy grey hair in the normal kept condition.... I know what I thjnj looks more youthful.

    Now for you about to say I haven't lost enough hair to appreciate your point of view - I have something far worse in my opinion. I have psoriasis which covered a respectable portion of my body and is gross and flakey and red and actually looks like a damned disease opposed to lost hair which honestly just looks like you've lost hair.

    It doesn't depress me, take away my chances in work environments, screw with my social chances, or for the most part scare away women. A few of them sure, especially very young girls I guess, but by and large they like me because I am a happy, easy, outgoing and intellectual individual with a lot of hobbies, personal interests, and knowledge.

    If you resign yourself to misery, depression, and self loathing then you are not going to attract anyone. Afraid to take the lead at work because you don't have hair?? Wow. The a job. I don't know anyone I have ever worked with who has suffered in their career prospects because of a lack of the stuff on their heads - granted I don't work with actors - but again, wow.

    Life is worth living when you're old and grizzled, it's often worth living even with debilitating diseases, to think not having hair or enough of it has destroyed all your hopes and dreams? Maybe for you - but to me this is offensive and it is the lie.

    Best of luck with this particularly self destructive attitude. I choose to enjoy my life no matter what.

Similar Threads

  1. Life is shit.......being bald
    By sausage in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
  2. Bald men have a lower societal worth
    By itsmyhairs in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 07:37 AM
  3. this life...aint worth living
    By BaldinLikeBaldwin in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
  4. Spencer Kobren Discusses Moving On and Living Life With Hair Loss 5/13/12
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
  5. Mastering The Art Of Attraction - Neil Strauss Living Life After Hair Loss
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Hotmail. Com Login
Today 09:15 PM
Last Post By EulaDavies
Today 09:15 PM
Crown Thinning or Cowlick?
Today 08:19 PM
by Zuul
Last Post By Zuul
Today 08:19 PM
Mohebi Open House, 11/4/17 3-5pm
10-23-2017 01:03 PM
Last Post By jassti
Today 07:08 PM
Hair Growth Promoting Solution (Chlorine Dioxide)
07-29-2014 04:02 PM
Last Post By HairCook
Today 06:50 PM
Regrow your hair naturally
09-08-2017 02:08 PM
Last Post By DAVE52
Today 06:41 PM
Finasteride didn't work for you? So, did DUT?
01-12-2016 10:02 AM
Last Post By markusbdc
Today 05:16 PM