Life isn't worth living if you're bald.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Munkynutz
    • Aug 2014

I don't know what part of the planet you guys are living on but from my personal experience the majority of people in North America in their 40's are not rocking a flawless set of follicles. Maybe in Asia perhaps, and I've spent enough time in the UK and Germany to know this is completely skewed information as well.

Heck, it isn't even true of people in their 30's... But Fred, for a guy who spent some time on this forum indicating that even with a buzzed down head he had great success with women and life, and then had an FUE transplant - clearly you haven't really come to terms with this yet. Still need more hair or what?

Comment

• BeaveCake
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by johnsmith
      I think your experience on the site has been shaped by the fact that you embrace your hairloss, and you even want more hairloss (e.g., laser hair removal). You like the way you look as cue-ball bald, and that's great for you, but this is a site about people who do not like their hairloss at all. That's the reason why the vast majority of guys are here; we don't like being bald. That's all.
      I can see that, but just felt like guys like me are called out a little bit, not by all but when a broad statement is made like "men with hairloss in the business world are always less successful" or "attractive young women never like bald guys" it kind of irks me, I admit I can see how a horseshoe is a deal breaker for a lot of gals but that's why I shave it, and yes it can be hit and miss on how it looks on the individual but you can usually make it work better than a Norwood 4 or higher even worse case, and it saves youth at the same time. (I know guys who have skin bare heads for aesthetics alone. I came here to point out that baldness isn't an all encompassing thing, when you lose hair you shouldn't believe your goals are now impossible, or that women won't find you attractive etc. The more men who positively deal with it the more it will become more socially acceptable, I truly believe that while mpb is negatively viewed as far as looks go, part of that generalization is because society sees how the people handle it , they see a high Norwood level and think of a guy who spends all day worried about it ( like some of the people here) ultimately I think the best cure is a razor. But that's me, maybe part of my handling it so well was the military background of family in that hair isn't necessary, keep good care of your body and speak loud and take what you want. So I never relied much on hair to begin with , it does seen most who struggle the most are the guys who had always made their hair a big part of their character and look. I do appreciate the respectful counter point, and understand that it can be very difficult young. Of everyone made points as straight forward and respectful as you have the internet would be a much more helpful place.

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Munkynutz
        Heck, it isn't even true of people in their 30's... But Fred, for a guy who spent some time on this forum indicating that even with a buzzed down head he had great success with women and life, and then had an FUE transplant - clearly you haven't really come to terms with this yet. Still need more hair or what?
        Let's say I have my hair greed moments .

Comment

• 0kly
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by fred970
          Let's say I have my hair greed moments .
          hair is not the root of your problem.

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 0kly
            hair is not the root of your problem.
            What is it then? I'm listening.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Confidence

Comment