+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 231
  1. #11
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    That's the truth. Have you ever thought about how much of life you missed out on because of your hair loss ? Well, we lose a lot. Everything from asking that girl out that we've always wanted to, being youthful and doing stupid things because you can, being the life of the party, leading the way at work cause you're not afraid to etc. Very rarely do I ever see a bald man leading anything, and if it ever happens, I wonder why there isn't a guy with a full head of hair to replace him. Hair loss, especially when you're young, forces you to grow up. Have you ever seen a 30 year old with a full head of hair skateboarding and looked back twice ? Probably not, but what happens if that 30 year old was slick bald ? Thoughts like this would likely run through your head: "Isn't he too old to be doing that ? Creep, grow up and act your age."

    Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that, but a 50 year old with a full head of hair is never to old to be young. What about online dating ? What do you do when you go on a dating website, do you search from 20-30, or do you search from 30-40 because that's how old you look ? This disease is embarrassing, not only does it completely disfigure most men, it also holds you back in every aspect of life. You'll never be "the man" again. You'll never have the confidence that you once did when you had hair, and even if you do, people just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place. You're days are over and you're expired, regardless of your actual age. So remind me again, what's the point of living such a life ?
    I say this with all due respect:

    I was depressed this afternoon. After reading this, my depression has multiplied 100x....I was starting to get some hope in life that maybe I could cut it short and look up to Statham and The Rock for hope. Now, after reading your post, the truth has come before my eyes....I was delusional for thinking I had hope...

    Thank you for telling me the truth. I have no hope at regaining happiness...

    I'm off to a buffet to stuff my face and eat away my emotions....

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Follicle Island
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I say this with all due respect:

    I was depressed this afternoon. After reading this, my depression has multiplied 100x....I was starting to get some hope in life that maybe I could cut it short and look up to Statham and The Rock for hope. Now, after reading your post, the truth has come before my eyes....I was delusional for thinking I had hope...

    Thank you for telling me the truth. I have no hope at regaining happiness...

    I'm off to a buffet to stuff my face and eat away my emotions....
    Eat for the both of us my friend. <3

  3. #13
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I say this with all due respect:

    I was depressed this afternoon. After reading this, my depression has multiplied 100x....I was starting to get some hope in life that maybe I could cut it short and look up to Statham and The Rock for hope. Now, after reading your post, the truth has come before my eyes....I was delusional for thinking I had hope...

    Thank you for telling me the truth. I have no hope at regaining happiness...

    I'm off to a buffet to stuff my face and eat away my emotions....
    Your posts usually have the opposite effect on me. I usually get a kick out of them. Keep your head up. Don't let this stuff control your life.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Thanks for changing the subject. If you didn't notice, getting women is only one of the many problems of losing hair. Can you provide a solution for the lack of youthfulness that us young bald men face everyday ? Not to be rude, but you have no idea what Fred has gone through. He's stable right now, but he's mentioned that he's had significant mental health issues because of this disease. He was a good looking young man, now he's just hanging onto the little youth that he can. It's not only about looking normal, it's about feeling normal, and it's hard to feel normal when you're a balding twenty something year-old. Even with all the pretty women in the world, I would still continue to feel disgusted seeing what I've become.
    I know sometimes my posts can sound offensive, but that is not my intent at all. The main reason why I chose to focus on getting women is because that seems to be the primary concern for most of the young guys that are losing their hair.

    I will respond to your post. I am 38, diffuse NW3 with severe crown loss. This didn't happen yesterday, I have been balding since I was 22, by my mid 20's I had no choice but to buzz my head. So I am not showing up here at close to 40, with a NW1, trying to tell you "it's not that bad". Now I understand I didn't have the worst case of hair loss, but I was dealing with this crap way younger then I should have been. Your youthfulness will take a hit when you are losing hair, no doubt about it, but there are things you can do to lesson the overall effect. To keep it simple, body type and hair style. Fred had been mentioned so to use him as an example, he isn't rocking a horseshoe. He keeps is closely buzzed and although he might disagree with me, he looks pretty damn good, and I still think he looks like he is in his 20's. You say he was a good looking guy. I say he still is good looking.

    As far as your comment about not knowing what fred has gone through. I have read all the posts you have. I would still not consider myself an expert on his situation so I will just leave it at that.

    This post is getting long so I will be brief with my next point. As far as being overlooked for jobs. I would never deny that looks are a factor that is just life. I'm my professional life, when I applied for my first management position(not talking fast food lol), I was a young NW3, with less experience than all of the other applicants. I was chosen over them and yes they had full heads of hair. Hair loss doesn't have to be a career killer.

    Your last point about not liking what you see, I get that, I have my low points also, but you can't let it keep you from living and succeeding in your life.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    That's the truth. Have you ever thought about how much of life you missed out on because of your hair loss ? Well, we lose a lot. Everything from asking that girl out that we've always wanted to, being youthful and doing stupid things because you can, being the life of the party, leading the way at work cause you're not afraid to etc. Very rarely do I ever see a bald man leading anything, and if it ever happens, I wonder why there isn't a guy with a full head of hair to replace him. Hair loss, especially when you're young, forces you to grow up. Have you ever seen a 30 year old with a full head of hair skateboarding and looked back twice ? Probably not, but what happens if that 30 year old was slick bald ? Thoughts like this would likely run through your head: "Isn't he too old to be doing that ? Creep, grow up and act your age."

    Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that, but a 50 year old with a full head of hair is never to old to be young. What about online dating ? What do you do when you go on a dating website, do you search from 20-30, or do you search from 30-40 because that's how old you look ? This disease is embarrassing, not only does it completely disfigure most men, it also holds you back in every aspect of life. You'll never be "the man" again. You'll never have the confidence that you once did when you had hair, and even if you do, people just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place. You're days are over and you're expired, regardless of your actual age. So remind me again, what's the point of living such a life ?

    wow another poster who seriously needs to see a therapist. a) bald guys get good jobs just as often as hairy guys, sometimes even more because you look mature and wise. I have several bald friends who only got promotions AFTER they lost their hair. steve jobs, jeff bezos, and shitloads of other ceos are bald and balding. this shit is all in your head man. it really is. You might have a slightly weaker chance of landing the exact girls that you want in your twenties, but by the time you're 30, a good amount of women don't care. and all you need is one good one. I can't even count the number of times I've been to a bar and seen the hottest girl there with a bald man. Plus are you really setting the value of your life based on what girls you can pull? who gives a shit, what matters is finding one who loves you for who you are. If your goal is to be a player then just make a lot of money and be confident despite your flaws, never fails, hair or no hair. You're the one seeing bald men and putting your bullshit philosophy on them. Bald guys to me look pretty ageless in a way, not old or young, and a lot of older bald guys look younger than their peers. By the time guys are in their mid thirties they are either graying or balding. About a quarter(!!!) of men go bald starting in their twenties. I know many of them, and none of them let it ruin their life or were unhappy because of it. It made them strong and mature and hard. You sound like a little whiny child, and your problem is not your hair. To have the thoughts you have is ok, but to keep on with them and make them your philosophy and think that any of it is a concrete truth is really dumb. Just shave your stupid head and be happy for what you do have- be happy you're not a child soldier in liberia or dying of ebola or working in a coal mine in china since you were 12. People WILL respect you and give you work if you prove to be worthy and force yourself to be happy and outgoing. Girls who might not consider you at first will do so if you have charm and wit and kindness. Being bald in your twenties is hard, but lots of things in life are hard. respect and love yourself no matter what, and don't let appearances dictate who you are.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I say this with all due respect:

    I was depressed this afternoon. After reading this, my depression has multiplied 100x....I was starting to get some hope in life that maybe I could cut it short and look up to Statham and The Rock for hope. Now, after reading your post, the truth has come before my eyes....I was delusional for thinking I had hope...

    Thank you for telling me the truth. I have no hope at regaining happiness...

    I'm off to a buffet to stuff my face and eat away my emotions....
    Don't be an idiot. none of what he said should get you down. Appearances only mean a little, and less and less as you get older. I have plenty of slick bald friends who are doing great in every respect. that is not a lie. The people on this forum are the most mentally messed up and insecure about baldness of any bald guys out there. its a very warped perspective that you are choosing to take as truth. Most bald guys let it happen and live good normal lives. The things that really matter in life have nothing to do with hair, and this whole "I can't get any girls cause I'm bald" thing is all in your heads. You might not take home as many girls as your best looking friend, but so what? Just accept that and make yourself into a valuable human being, and you guaranteed will find women who respect that and will love you. Women are insecure about almost everything on their bodies, to many of them its refreshing to be with a guy who is not perfect. If you go out with the idea that you are inferior then people will treat you that way. I don't think anyone i know has ever met a confident bald guy and thought that they were unjustified. When I meat confident bald guys I don't even think about their baldness, and the same goes for women. I am 32, have many women friends, have been with many women, and they would all tell you the same thing. there are certainly girls who do not prefer baldness, but you know wha,t there are also girls who discriminate based on your religion, your height, your skin color, your taste in music, your job type, etc etc etc. everyone has their own tastes and you can't please everybody. you're not gonna have sex with everyone anyway, my best looking and most full haired friends are all married at 30 and out of the game anyway. I might be losing my hair but I still have the possibility of being with different women your mindset is that of an adolescent, sack up and be a strong and powerful and loving bald man, because there are millions of people that have to deal with way worse. people on here act like they have been forced into prostitution or are child laborers or have crippled legs or burned faces or something. get a grip. or just watch patrick stewart talk about losing his hair. he lost his at 15(!) and yeah it sucked for a couple years while he made peace, but then he moved on and found other things to value besides hitting on random ***** (which he did anyway) and looking beautiful (which many consider him to be anyway).

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Don't be an idiot. none of what he said should get you down. Appearances only mean a little, and less and less as you get older. I have plenty of slick bald friends who are doing great in every respect. that is not a lie. The people on this forum are the most mentally messed up and insecure about baldness of any bald guys out there. its a very warped perspective that you are choosing to take as truth. Most bald guys let it happen and live good normal lives. The things that really matter in life have nothing to do with hair, and this whole "I can't get any girls cause I'm bald" thing is all in your heads. You might not take home as many girls as your best looking friend, but so what? Just accept that and make yourself into a valuable human being, and you guaranteed will find women who respect that and will love you. Women are insecure about almost everything on their bodies, to many of them its refreshing to be with a guy who is not perfect. If you go out with the idea that you are inferior then people will treat you that way. I don't think anyone i know has ever met a confident bald guy and thought that they were unjustified. When I meat confident bald guys I don't even think about their baldness, and the same goes for women. I am 32, have many women friends, have been with many women, and they would all tell you the same thing. there are certainly girls who do not prefer baldness, but you know wha,t there are also girls who discriminate based on your religion, your height, your skin color, your taste in music, your job type, etc etc etc. everyone has their own tastes and you can't please everybody. you're not gonna have sex with everyone anyway, my best looking and most full haired friends are all married at 30 and out of the game anyway. I might be losing my hair but I still have the possibility of being with different women your mindset is that of an adolescent, sack up and be a strong and powerful and loving bald man, because there are millions of people that have to deal with way worse. people on here act like they have been forced into prostitution or are child laborers or have crippled legs or burned faces or something. get a grip. or just watch patrick stewart talk about losing his hair. he lost his at 15(!) and yeah it sucked for a couple years while he made peace, but then he moved on and found other things to value besides hitting on random ***** (which he did anyway) and looking beautiful (which many consider him to be anyway).
    Flat out lie. Maybe to you, but not to society. Don't be willfully ignorant, you KNOW appearances mean a lot. If they really didn't you wouldn't spend so much time on this forum.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Follicle Island
    Posts
    96

    Default

    .

  9. #19
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Don't be an idiot. none of what he said should get you down. Appearances only mean a little, and less and less as you get older. I have plenty of slick bald friends who are doing great in every respect. that is not a lie. The people on this forum are the most mentally messed up and insecure about baldness of any bald guys out there. its a very warped perspective that you are choosing to take as truth. Most bald guys let it happen and live good normal lives. The things that really matter in life have nothing to do with hair, and this whole "I can't get any girls cause I'm bald" thing is all in your heads. You might not take home as many girls as your best looking friend, but so what? Just accept that and make yourself into a valuable human being, and you guaranteed will find women who respect that and will love you. Women are insecure about almost everything on their bodies, to many of them its refreshing to be with a guy who is not perfect. If you go out with the idea that you are inferior then people will treat you that way. I don't think anyone i know has ever met a confident bald guy and thought that they were unjustified. When I meat confident bald guys I don't even think about their baldness, and the same goes for women. I am 32, have many women friends, have been with many women, and they would all tell you the same thing. there are certainly girls who do not prefer baldness, but you know wha,t there are also girls who discriminate based on your religion, your height, your skin color, your taste in music, your job type, etc etc etc. everyone has their own tastes and you can't please everybody. you're not gonna have sex with everyone anyway, my best looking and most full haired friends are all married at 30 and out of the game anyway. I might be losing my hair but I still have the possibility of being with different women your mindset is that of an adolescent, sack up and be a strong and powerful and loving bald man, because there are millions of people that have to deal with way worse. people on here act like they have been forced into prostitution or are child laborers or have crippled legs or burned faces or something. get a grip. or just watch patrick stewart talk about losing his hair. he lost his at 15(!) and yeah it sucked for a couple years while he made peace, but then he moved on and found other things to value besides hitting on random ***** (which he did anyway) and looking beautiful (which many consider him to be anyway).
    Ok cat man...Will start looking up to Vin Diesel, Statham, and The rock again for inspiration...

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    That's the truth. Have you ever thought about how much of life you missed out on because of your hair loss ? Well, we lose a lot. Everything from asking that girl out that we've always wanted to, being youthful and doing stupid things because you can, being the life of the party, leading the way at work cause you're not afraid to etc. Very rarely do I ever see a bald man leading anything, and if it ever happens, I wonder why there isn't a guy with a full head of hair to replace him. Hair loss, especially when you're young, forces you to grow up. Have you ever seen a 30 year old with a full head of hair skateboarding and looked back twice ? Probably not, but what happens if that 30 year old was slick bald ? Thoughts like this would likely run through your head: "Isn't he too old to be doing that ? Creep, grow up and act your age."

    Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that, but a 50 year old with a full head of hair is never to old to be young. What about online dating ? What do you do when you go on a dating website, do you search from 20-30, or do you search from 30-40 because that's how old you look ? This disease is embarrassing, not only does it completely disfigure most men, it also holds you back in every aspect of life. You'll never be "the man" again. You'll never have the confidence that you once did when you had hair, and even if you do, people just think you're an over confident idiot who needs to know his place. You're days are over and you're expired, regardless of your actual age. So remind me again, what's the point of living such a life ?
    HairIsLife is spot on. This post describes the life of us young bald men have to suffer through.
    Your appearance matters more now than it ever has in our existance as humans.
    Whats the point living a life like this i mean seriously?? Pain for your entire life isnt living. Balding
    is a death sentence for young men,period.
    Last edited by Winston; 10-04-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Similar Threads

  1. Life is shit.......being bald
    By sausage in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
  2. Bald men have a lower societal worth
    By itsmyhairs in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 07:37 AM
  3. this life...aint worth living
    By BaldinLikeBaldwin in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
  4. Spencer Kobren Discusses Moving On and Living Life With Hair Loss 5/13/12
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
  5. Mastering The Art Of Attraction - Neil Strauss Living Life After Hair Loss
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

long hair full cap wig for me?
Yesterday 02:31 PM
Last Post By k9gatton
Today 07:13 PM
Asian Male 27 years old, Norwood 3A Suggestions?
12-06-2017 07:04 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Today 04:49 PM
What do you think about me?
Yesterday 11:42 AM
by TUP2020
Last Post By JoeTillman
Today 04:26 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post By markusbdc
Today 03:06 PM