+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Losing some hair won't cause you much trouble. When you venture in NW4 or in other words "bald" territory, that's when the abuse from society begins.
    I am NW5 'ish and still have no trouble that you speak of. But like I said before.. some guys just suit a shaven head better than others....

You really need to have a well proportioned head and some nice facial features to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0kly View Post
    I am NW5 'ish and still have no trouble that you speak of. But like I said before.. some guys just suit a shaven head better than others....

You really need to have a well proportioned head and some nice facial features to go with it.
    Indeed, and guess what, 95% of bald men don't have that, what do you suggest then?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    , what do you suggest then?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVmNCOCneHQ

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    That's the truth.
    Sorry I am late in reading this and replying, but every word that you wrote is absolutely true. I'm in my late 40s and I'm about a Norwood 5A, and probably not too far from Norwood 6 in many respects, plus, I'm gray too. I had a thick and full head of long hair in my teens, which girls loved. I was also an all-district QB in HS, very good-looking, the girls loved me, I was voted Mr. High School at my HS, and I was brimming with confidence. When I started losing my hair around 20, I was more than devastated.

Around my friends and co-workers during my 20s and 30s, I always laughed it off when they joked about it. After all, what else could I do? Let them know it bothered me? That would be even worse. But, yeah, inside, I was dead.

As I rapidly shed during my 20s, I shaved my head at 25 and wore caps. When I met women while wearing a cap, I was treated very differently than when I wasn't wearing a cap. Who can blame them? I don't blame women at all. Bald men look hideous, even the few who are celebrated as "sexy". I'm sorry, but they're not.

The sad truth is 9 out of 10 women won't give a bald (or balding) man the time of day. Again, who can blame them? As for the 1 out of 10 who will, the chances are that she's got major problems and just needs someone.

I was married twice to two nice women, both 10 years older than me, but because of this hideous affliction that we suffer from, I could never truly be the real me, just as you described. In fact, I would never consider having children out of fear that I would have a son who turned out bald like me.

Look, everyone has their own cross the bear, and if we weren't bald, it would be something else, but we are bald (or balding) and this is what matters to us.

Just like you, I feel like my life has been a waste, but at least I have my HS memories of when I was very popular and had a lot of fun. I definitely considered suicide a few times over hairloss, but I don't today, because I've just become accustomed to living alone and entertaining myself, but yeah, my life has been a waste. I work from home as a consultant, and I also own my own business. I've arranged my life so I don't have to interact with people much, and it's livable, but pretty pathetic. It's just the way it is. No amount of hitting the gym, or caps, or BS "fixes", or hope, or good attitude will erase the terrible effects of this disease.

I think the biggest wake-up call for a man who has lost his hair is when most women who are significantly below his standards won't even give him the time of day. That says it all right there.

Again, all that you said is true. Look up old sports stars who had full heads of hair in their youth and are now bald. You immediately think, "Wow! He's really aged badly!" Then, look up actors who are 30 years older than the bald former athletes, but still have a full head of hair, and you immediately think, "Yep. He's holding his age pretty good." It's a natural reaction, which is why no one should ever blame women or anyone else for not wanting us because we're bald. We're all judgmental like that, whether it's a woman with an unsightly mole, or fat, etc. Would you want a bald woman or unsightly woman?

Like I said, everyone has their own cross to bear, and this baldness plague is ours, and man, does it suck.

Damn @JohnSmith that is rough.

Since you already live a sheltered empty life why not just get a wig? atleast that way you have the exact same life PLUS some validation in dating/piping woman with your new doo.

Depressing read, that last post. Fortunately one I know is not true at all. True some younger women are seriously bothered by it, later in life... Heck it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as you guys are attempting to suggest it does.

I have far more luck with women now than I ever have had and have the least amount of hair I have ever had. Granted I am confident, have a reasonably supply of money, do interesting things and keep them intellectually stimulated.

If you decide to crawl into a hole and die because you have lost your hair so be it. I'll just continue to do what I do because it seems to work just fine and I appear to have a steady supply of pretty hot women.

One thing you guys need to realize is that most people hate a chunk of their bodies and women are no exception. Pretty much any girl I have ever dated who has had kids is of the opinion they are permanently ruined and not worth looking at naked so celebrate and take advantage of their self loathing and live a little.

I've mentioned before that not only do I have glorious hair loss but am also cursed with having psoriasis which, if you do not know, is a lovely skin condition which can appear on all sorts of parts of your body and is raised red leisions of the skin which also cracks and bleeds and times. I think 'disgusting' when I look at it - but despite this girls are like 'it's not that bad' and get into bed with me anyway.

Work your other assets, improve yourself until you feel confident in yourself, and enjoy your damned lives. Grow some cojones maybe and lay it down. It really isn't as impossible as some of you have lead yourselves to believe.

Or, alternatively, feel free to wallow in your misery and despair and complain about a completely natural part of the aging process.

Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Bald men look hideous, even the few who are celebrated as "sexy". I'm sorry, but they're not.

The sad truth is 9 out of 10 women won't give a bald (or balding) man the time of day. Again, who can blame them? As for the 1 out of 10 who will, the chances are that she's got major problems and just needs someone.
    This is completely false and just laughable. In fact you're entire post is just verbal diarrhea. Congrats.

Perhaps you're not as good looking as you thought you were in HS than? because in reality if you are a good looking guy and shave your head - then you are still a good looking guy and you will still be seen as attractive by the majority of women out there. Hair does not make you good looking. Facial symmetry and other nice facial features like a strong jaw line, nice face shape, nice eyes etc. is what actually makes a person "good looking".

Your description of yourself in HS was pretty much the same description of myself in HS. I always had the "pretty boy" GQ looks and still do for the most part beyond the hair loss. The hair loss has taken away from my looks some obviously but it's not a deal breaker for women if you truly are an attractive guy.

Now I am wondering how my hideous bald shaven head as you put it is still able to attract young pretty girls.

In fact.. just the other week I was walking through a library and getting checked out by 2 young 20 something's... I myself didn't notice it but was later told so by the person I was with.

I agree mostly with Fred that it is very annoying when people with very little hair loss start preaching acceptance of being bald. They've never experienced true baldness so they do not know how it feels to be ridiculed for it. And if they really believed in true acceptance, they why are they still on a hair loss message forum and doing everything that they possibly can to ensure that themselves do not go bald. Actions speak louder than words and if a person does not practice what they preach, then their words ring hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post

Every time I see a bald man driving a sports car, I think he's going through some sort of midlife crisis because he's to old to be driving a car like that
    Male Pattern Balding has nothing to do with age. There are 19 year olds who begin balding. In this day and age every other guy out there is balding to some degree.

You'd be hard pressed to walk into a store or sit outside the supermarket and not see a young guy who lost hair..

I can't waste my time in this depressing shit hole anymore though.. you guys got some serious mental problems.. seey'as

Quote Originally Posted by 0kly View Post
    \
    I can't waste my time in this depressing shit hole anymore though.. you guys got some serious mental problems.. seey'as
    I have seen this many times where somebody comes here and tries to spread the word that "hair loss isn't a big deal". I appreciate your efforts, but at the end of the day it comes down to how we perceive ourselves. To be honest, I didn't treat my hair loss for years and I never felt like I was being treated any differently than I was before I started losing my hair. Maybe I was ignorant of the whole situation, but I was never preoccupied with how others looked at me. The main problem I had with hair loss is how it made me feel about myself and how I looked. Even now that is my major issue with everything. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I don't care what others think, but more importantly I care what I think about how I look. I like the way I look with hair much more than without it.

Okly, I get what you are trying to do. You are trying to be positive and make the most out of a effed up situation and I respect that. It all comes down to how we feel about ourselves. If we feel we look like crap without hair, there is very little you or anybody else can do to make us feel any different.