+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiaDestroya View Post
    That being said, while I understand the feeling that life is over if you're bald, I believe that I can find a way to move forward. You know, if, God forbid, my treatment plan doesn't work out satisfactorily, I'll at least be able to say that I did everything that I could.
    This. Way too many guys give up the fight before it even started. They would rather try some online mumbo jumbo from overseas before trying treatments that are actually proven to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Great post. I just wish everybody on this forum could get into a mindset like this. In fact, if this was the overall spirit on this forum, I think this forum would be a much healthier place to visit for information on hair loss, on regimen related questions, on future treatments, and so on...

Though some people indeed carry out that spirit, I also see threads like this one, or posts about how society hates all bald men and how there would be a conspiracy against bald men and so on... I mean sure, we don't have to sugarcoat MPB. But we don't have to go to the other side of the spectrum either.

This post sounds kinda hippy-like but I'm sure you guys can see where I'm coming from.
    This is how I feel about our situation. Yeah I am not speaking from a NW6 perspective, but I wouldn't call what I have on my scalp a good head of hair either. MPB sucks, no doubt about it, but your life doesn't have to end because of it.

Both excellent points man. And yah agreed with the people give up to early. There are more than enough people out there who have had brilliant success keeping hair with fin or min, and other treatments too.

I did min briefly but it made my head too itchy and as I have mentioned before I suffer from psoriasis which made scalp stuff much worse.

I know how to get rid of psoriasis thiugh but it requires some serious discipline. If any of you have this sh*t and want to get did of it feel free to msg me and I can tell you how to do this. It requires a massive change to diet and that's about it.

I have debated trying fin on and off. However I think a lot of the doses are insane and reading the information on it, it seems like you can reduce your scalp DHT massively with just .5 every other day.

I'll talk to a doctor about it anyway. Also doses like that tend to leave the DHT levels in your blood alone. I don't want a reduced sex drive. It's very strong as is and I love regular sex (and with different women) so that's not something I care to give up hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    I have debated trying fin on and off. However I think a lot of the doses are insane and reading the information on it, it seems like you can reduce your scalp DHT massively with just .5 every other day.

I'll talk to a doctor about it anyway. Also doses like that tend to leave the DHT levels in your blood alone. I don't want a reduced sex drive. It's very strong as is and I love regular sex (and with different women) so that's not something I care to give up hehe.
    I was an older(36) guy when I started and to be honest I haven't felt any difference when it come to sexual function. Micro dosing might be a good idea for safety reasons. There was a guy on here having success with a .25mg dose.

What do you normally take and that is good to hear. I am probably a NW2.5-3 right now in terms of temple recession, but no visible crown spot or really much on top. I figure when moving properly to AB instead of interim stuff I woukd buzz my hair right down and have a good look and see what can be seen but last time I did that I only really noticed thinning in the front.

Thank you, Illusion. Folks will absolutely catch me in my worse moments, don't get me wrong (you read my intro thread), but no matter what I say elsewhere, that second paragraph is what I really believe. I am new but I can tell already that co-misery is a defining characteristic of this place. I think that's useful to a degree - absolutely - but you and Spencer are right when you say that spending hours every day in this element can be a negative thing. There's a lot of negative reinforcement happening. But by joining I feel like I can find some support and also try to turn the tide against the propagandists. So many guys are screwing themselves out of effective treatment because they've been influenced by fear mongering and anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Well, I dwell in the exactly opposite side of the spectrum: sex meant nothing to me but at my time there was no medication. Yep, zero options. What I could not take with today's treatments is mood changes and disfigurement, like face changes and gynecomastia that other people report. I prefer the baldness disfigurement over this. At least, baldness is a male trait considered to be natural. So, I landed in glorious NW7 territory pretty quickly. And as it is well known, nothing can be done to revert with today's treatments. But as I said in the first page of the present discussion, I can consider myself lucky from another perspective.

Hahaha nice. My hair loss has been gradual and so damned slow but I agree I am not interested in the disfigurements associated with fin, although it seems not everyone suffers from that either.

Before thinking of either of those solutions once I have finished annihilating this sickening psoriasis I am going to rock a shaved head for a bit again and see what I think. It's been a while and I have somewhat forgotten what my head shape is but if I find it acceptable and like it I'll never have to consider the alternatives again. Maybe grow some hair again later and see what if anything has changed.

I hate having long hair as it is so I assume if I wanted to transplant any hairs it would be easier than if I wanted to rock a full head of hair. Meh.

What is generally considered "slow"? I have wondered this because my brother's first became noticeable probably around 19, and now at 28 he is super thin. So the process could have started 10+ years ago for him. I haven't seen him in a year, but at this point he would probably benefit from a concealer.

Good fortunes with your psoriasis and head shaving, Munky.