+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Everyone in here, now.

Ok guys,

I'm not sure how much of this information has made its way to this forum, but there are a few threads on other forums showing what appears to be a very promising treatment:

chlorine dioxide.

A couple months ago, a Chinese man by the name of liuxuewu started posted on HLH with regard to an alleged "cure" he had discovered and patented. As you all know (or should know if you've spent any time on hair loss forums) this stuff happens all the time. A guy with no post history starts throwing around the word "cure," whips together a few questionable photographs, and charges $80 for a product that "takes 3-6 months to show full results." Classic hair loss snake oil.

What was different about Liu is that he actually offered free samples of his product, a mixture of ingredients featuring chlorine dioxide, to anyone who wanted them. I'd never heard of anyone doing that before. So I started following the thread with some interest.

Shortly thereafter, one of the HLH members, Summersnow, decided to trial his own version of chlorine dioxide.

Around the same time, veteran PHG member SwissTemples began reporting *results* that he was getting from an undisclosed topical:

(8 photos in chronological order showing clear hairline regrowth)

http://imgur.com/snZ4I8K,2pvhUEs,fCo...CsGY,pgI0SSs#0

A couple months passed. Some of those who had received samples of CD began applying and documenting. They reported INTENSE, QUICK sheds in the beginning, followed by regrowth of shed hair as well as what appeared to be the beginnings of regrowth of hair that had been lost to MPB. They reported their scalps began to feel healthier, no MPB itch.

Eventually Summersnow returned with some (shoddy, but very promising) photographs:

(13 photos in chronological order appearing to show drastic improvement in crown area):

http://imgur.com/vsTr7zy,dbXAEjl,aeY...Z1td5q,VkAP5ug

Today, SwissTemples has just revealed the topical he is using: chlorine dioxide mixed with DMSO. Just like Summersnow.

Many others are reporting the beginnings of regrowth in areas thought to have been lost to MPB. It is very early days for this, but the potential is there.

I personally believe this to be a major breakthrough. Liu alleges that his treatment has cured 40 people in China already. He has posted photographs of dramatic results over a year's time. How this treatment works, I have no idea. I believe it has something to do with wounding and growth factors, in line with the Costarelis papers from a couple years ago, as well as the limited results we saw from dermarolling last year.

I would encourage everyone here, particularly the forum leaders like Desmond, Pate, etc., to please begin researching this treatment. There are still MANY questions to which we need answers:

What is the best regimen to combine with this treatment?
    Do we still need AA's like fin and dut?
    IS THIS SAFE TO DO LONG TERM?
    Are the results long term?
    Etc...

I think we should somehow create an organized, efficient way to trial this treatment.

That begin said: please remember this is EXPERIMENTAL. There ARE unknowns and potential dangers. And this treatment causes an EXTREME initial shed of BOTH terminal and thinning hair. DO NOT DUMP THIS STUFF ALL OVER YOUR HEAD, you may bleach your hair, and you will certainly lose a ton of hair very quickly. I've seen photos of guys losing 2 norwoods worth of hair in 3 days time... the hair is growing back but it still seems like utter torture to go bald that quickly. So again, let's RESEARCH and DISCUSS this treatment before we all start burning our hairlines off.

I'll keep you guys updated with anymore photos I find. Godspeed.

The questions listed above are questions I think only professionals could answer. Looks cool, but I think I am going to sit this one out. Best of luck to y'all though.

Very very interesting one, definitely want professional opinion on this stuff.

I think the best part of this is that so many people are testing it our on that forum, but it's still very early and some of the side effects were worrisome(i.e burning on the scalp)

definitely gonna monitor this one!

if the chlorine dioxide so good...
    why this is not famous treatment likw RU?
    where can i buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeeman View Post
    where can i buy it?
    Some nut from China started all this on HLH.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeeman View Post
    where can i buy it?
    http://phhealth.co.uk/products/mms-1

Amazing photos

Conpecia! How are you?

And thank you for the information and pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by luca10 View Post
    Amazing photos
    Actually this is amazing... I wonder if the HCl acts in some similar way to nitric oxide (the minoxidil way) producing vasodilation or it is somehow related to the so-called conversion of normal cells into stem cells with an "acid bath" of HCl (although this was recently shown to be fake in the Riken Institute in Japan, perhaps there is something different like activation of already existent stem cells...) anyway, this looks like a breakthrough, so simple that it is going to leave everybody else wondering why they did not think about this

The hairline pics look like he shaved it. I've had progress with RU and the hair is all different sizes and lengths, they aren't all the same size and prickly. Those crown pics look a little suspect too. I smell snake oil.