any news of Gaz after 5th HST? - Page 7 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Hi Gaz,

Nice to see you post here. It’s true that time passes by so fast. I did mine in 2013...already 5 years. You were one of the pioneers trying it out on the forum that inspired me to try it as well.

Despite all the criticism of HST it bought me a lot of time to feel ok about my hair as it solidified my hairline and built “permanent” wall even if not too dense.

Now that my crown got rekt a bit and there are some potential treatments on the horizon in a more serious way that 5 years ago i am thinking what should i do.

Would really appreciate your feedback on what multiple HST can achieve and impact on donor from your perspective.

Same here, very interested in your result.
    But one question though !
    Wouldn't a good FUE have achieved the same for half thé money ?

We know multiple hst end up damaging the donor in the same fashion. Why not go straight to FUE for more immediate dramatic results?

Also, did you get the chance to talk about future and research at hasci and Gho?

Cheers

Hi Caddarik,

Perhaps a good FUE might have done, however I wasn't a good candidate, due to the type of alopecia I had as a child, they believed that it could set it off again and make things worse, despite me saying it couldn't really get any worse.

I went to a few clinics in the UK and a few more turned me down, one suggested a flap procedure, where basically they try and cut out the bare scalp, lol, that wasn't ever a consideration in my mind.

Another FUE clinic said 2500 max was as far as I could go with my poor donor and I was really considering these guys.

But then I found Gho because of his treatment on people with scarring & unusual cases, and OMG am I glad I chose him.

My biggest fear of getting FUE was it not working or looking awful and then not being able to take my last resort, shaving to the bone, because of the white speckle fue dots on my head. I couldn't face that scenario.

The fact that Gho was using needles smaller than anyone else at the time (don't know about now) minimised the risk for me.

Also doing it bit by bit, allowed my scalp to recover much more easily, who knows what might have happened if I had gone ahead and got 2500 FUE in one procedure.

Regeneration wasn't my priority, it was just being able to get some hair in that huge slick area and hope that the donor doesn't get damaged in the process. Obviously this worked and the rest is history.

Hey Cocacola, great to see all the old names still connected to the forum!

To be completely honest, one of the best things about Hasci for me is the healing recovery time, it just feels like going to the dentist, so I wouldn't personally hesitate in going back for a 2nd procedure if I were you.

As for my donor area now, you can see like gaps, but I have had like 6 procedures. If I grow my hair to say a 1cm it looks fine totally unnoticeable, but for the first 3 or 4 procedures even down to a grade 1 it looked totally fine.

As for the regeneration, that old chestnut lol, discussed to death on here, I still believe there is some regeneration, however I think it sort of happens by accident/chance depending on how much of the donor graft is taken and the stage of life that graft is in. I'd still say there is approx 20% net gain.

Anyway I had 1000 HST 2 weeks ago now, so that takes me to approx 7100 grafts, which is not far off 10,000 hairs (about 1.35 per graft) taken from my donor and implanted in the recipient and I even got slightly greedy you could say by asking them to lower those window peaks by approx 1cm either side, so a few have gone in there too, nothing major.

I will post a photo shortly and upload to some cloud site.

Take care all

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hi Caddarik,

Perhaps a good FUE might have done, however I wasn't a good candidate, due to the type of alopecia I had as a child, they believed that it could set it off again and make things worse, despite me saying it couldn't really get any worse.

I went to a few clinics in the UK and a few more turned me down, one suggested a flap procedure, where basically they try and cut out the bare scalp, lol, that wasn't ever a consideration in my mind.

Another FUE clinic said 2500 max was as far as I could go with my poor donor and I was really considering these guys.

But then I found Gho because of his treatment on people with scarring & unusual cases, and OMG am I glad I chose him.

My biggest fear of getting FUE was it not working or looking awful and then not being able to take my last resort, shaving to the bone, because of the white speckle fue dots on my head. I couldn't face that scenario.

The fact that Gho was using needles smaller than anyone else at the time (don't know about now) minimised the risk for me.

Also doing it bit by bit, allowed my scalp to recover much more easily, who knows what might have happened if I had gone ahead and got 2500 FUE in one procedure.

Regeneration wasn't my priority, it was just being able to get some hair in that huge slick area and hope that the donor doesn't get damaged in the process. Obviously this worked and the rest is history.

Hey Cocacola, great to see all the old names still connected to the forum!

To be completely honest, one of the best things about Hasci for me is the healing recovery time, it just feels like going to the dentist, so I wouldn't personally hesitate in going back for a 2nd procedure if I were you.

As for my donor area now, you can see like gaps, but I have had like 6 procedures. If I grow my hair to say a 1cm it looks fine totally unnoticeable, but for the first 3 or 4 procedures even down to a grade 1 it looked totally fine.

As for the regeneration, that old chestnut lol, discussed to death on here, I still believe there is some regeneration, however I think it sort of happens by accident/chance depending on how much of the donor graft is taken and the stage of life that graft is in. I'd still say there is approx 20% net gain.

Anyway I had 1000 HST 2 weeks ago now, so that takes me to approx 7100 grafts, which is not far off 10,000 hairs (about 1.35 per graft) taken from my donor and implanted in the recipient and I even got slightly greedy you could say by asking them to lower those window peaks by approx 1cm either side, so a few have gone in there too, nothing major.

I will post a photo shortly and upload to some cloud site.

Take care all
    Thank you for your answer! You must be happy with it.

What about these pictures ?
    Did you Have a chance to talk to them about their own researches and potential future treatments?

On their site, it looks way less active and funky as if their golden era was past them...

Just another bump in case Gaz gets round to offering some photos and an update...

Hope you are well, Gaz. Belated congratulations on becoming a father.