+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ??Question??

Question ??Question??

I have a question, at what point can one actually consider getting a transplant? I have been to a couple of reputable hair restoration surgeons, who have all refused me because they delineate my hairloss as not being too bad, which I suppose is synonymous with it not being detectable to anyone else other than myself (which is not a bad situation to be in, considering where it could be, I guess).

My situation was pretty severe about a year ago as my hairline thinned out all across my head; however, I cut straight across to eliminate the noticeably thinning hairs and even my hairline out (Think I got slight thinning in crown as well, which may or may not be being helped by propecia). Sure, it looks OKAY now and relatively thick, but at what point can I say, "I will more than likely be a candidate for a hair transplant." Ostensibly, I would surmise that you would get one when the hairloss is veeeeeeeerrrryy severe, if that is indeed the route you want to go; conversely, I have seen HT results from IAHRS (currect acronym I hope) surgeons, where a person's hairloss was not that severe to begin with. Maybe I was turned away because I cut into my hairline and didn't let my W shaped hairline grow in and all they saw was a normal, slightly thinning, and high NW1?

Anyway, although I did enjoy some short vacations with a close friend of mine by going in to a couple of consultations, I just don't want to waste "travel money" going in a few years later for another one only to be turned down again. I do appreciate that most of these IAHRS surgeons don't try to dupe people into getting preemptive hair transplants and both of the people I saw seemed to be compassionate and amicable individuals who took the time out to answer my questions to the best of their respective abilities; I will definitely go to one of these aforementioned doctors for an HT when I need it....Man, lol, is this question even answerable?

What do you mean by cut straight across? Do you mean you removed the thinning area right at the front?

As you've noticed, reputable transplant surgeons do often restore hair for patients who haven't yet lost much, so it's probably a sign of just how minor your hairloss is that they turned you away. It sounds like your hair might have thinned slightly in a diffused pattern, rather than receded. This makes it less advisable to get a transplant due to the risk of 'shocking' your existing hair away leaving you no better off (or perhaps worse) then when you started.

It is often said that what matters is how you feel about your hair, not how others see you, but when your balding is only noticeable to you under your own intense scrutiny then it's probably a good idea to listen to what you're told.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yes matt, that is what I meant...it looked horrible to me and I was left with no other recourse, but to either get a transplant or cut into and take my hairline back just a little bit.....

And I do believe that it thinned slightly in a diffused pattern rather than receded, unfortunately....do you know if this is usually indicative of an extensive diffused pattern most of the time?

I am going to listen to the doctors that I consulted with as I will probably go with one of them when the time comes..........

I did the same. I felt that a higher hairline looked better than a very thin bit at the front. I had receded either side of this area though so I didn't need to take much away.

I don't think that based on what you know (or at least what you've communicated here) your hairloss necessarily points to a diffuse pattern. If it's just the hairline then the general loss of density is the beginning stage of your hairline receding. The thin area will continue to get thinner until there are few or no hairs left and your hairline will have retreated. That's if you don't manage to stop this process with medication. The thinning at the crown could lead eventually to a bald spot.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yeah, nice to know that I'm not the only one who had to do this...I had never seen a hairloss pattern like that up until now; it's was just weird, I really think a hair transplant for me will be countraindicated until it recedes and it's at the top of my head because as far as I'm concerned, I will keep cutting into the hairline as it thins for as long as I can so I won't look "balding."

Thank you for replying by the way....

Not sure how long you have been on Propecia but your loss sounds like it is in the early stages so you will have to see how well Propecia works for you and you may find out that it is stabilizing the loss especially in the crown area.

Best wishes with it.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Many individuals with hair loss may wonder when it is appropriate to consider getting a hair transplant. It can be challenging to determine when you are a good candidate for the procedure, especially if you have not yet experienced severe hair loss.

If you have visited reputable hair restoration surgeons who have refused to perform the procedure because they believe your hair loss is not severe enough, it is important to understand their reasoning. Some surgeons may refuse to operate if they believe the hair loss is not noticeable or does not warrant surgical intervention.

However, if you are experiencing hair loss that is affecting your self-esteem, it may be time to consider a hair transplant or pokemon infinite fusion. Hair transplants can help restore the hairline and provide fuller, thicker hair for those who are experiencing hair loss.

It is also important to note that hair transplants are not just for individuals with severe hair loss. Some individuals with only mild hair loss have undergone successful hair transplants.

Ultimately, the decision to get a hair transplant is a personal one. Only you can determine when you feel ready to undergo the procedure. It is essential to find a reputable surgeon who can help you determine if you are a good candidate and answer any questions you may have about the process.

In summary, if you are experiencing hair loss that is affecting your self-esteem, it may be time to consider a hair transplant. Whether you have mild or severe hair loss, a reputable surgeon can help you determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.