+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Igrow laser worked for me with minoxdill

how much time did you use it? i mean the i grow

Quote Originally Posted by hopeeman View Post
    how much time did you use it? i mean the i grow
    9 months definitely worth adding to finestride and minoxdill

Im actually looking into the helmets. I used a laser comb about 4 years ago and I felt that it worked. I used it at lest every other day for about 7-9 months or so. The interesting thing is that my laziness showed some positive results. I tried to comb my right and left ride 2x each. I usually ended up doing my dominant handed side 2x and my nondominate side once. After about 6 months i definitely noticed that my dominant side was better than the other. it didnt really grow new hair, but it stopped the fall out and made the existing hair thicker. but it was just too much hassle use it so i stopped, thats why Im looking for helmet.... anyone know of any comparative reviews?

seems to me all the reviews about this lazer treatment are positive to a certain extent, at least offering hope about some hair loss halting and maybe some thickening. My christmas gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    seems to me all the reviews about this lazer treatment are positive to a certain extent, at least offering hope about some hair loss halting and maybe some thickening. My christmas gift!
    No, don't buy into this charade. Laser helmets are not for halting hairloss at all. You will be sorely disappointed if you end up spending hundreds of dollars on a laser helmet and find out it does nothing. Look up in other forums the results people have had with laser treatments, and 90% of them are disappointed and the others are on so many different treatments at once, it's hard to tell if it actually works.

Laser helmets and laser treatments may be FDA cleared, but that only means they are cleared for safety and NOT efficacy and effectiveness. Don't listen to THECHAMP, if you look at his hair status you won't even think he's losing hair (he most likely isn't), yet he continues to try and sell people off on laser treatments, even though he forgets to mention he's using Minoxidl, which is an effective treatment for hair growth and thickening.

Warning to all you guys who don't listen! I use a laser helmet! Please do not souly think using any laser device like some companies claim it will cure Hairloss!!!!

Laser are a good addition to a good regime, if your using Big 3 in halting Hairloss successfully than adding an laser helmet will have some benefit effect on existing hairs, mine look better quality much thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    Im actually looking into the helmets. I used a laser comb about 4 years ago and I felt that it worked. I used it at lest every other day for about 7-9 months or so. The interesting thing is that my laziness showed some positive results. I tried to comb my right and left ride 2x each. I usually ended up doing my dominant handed side 2x and my nondominate side once. After about 6 months i definitely noticed that my dominant side was better than the other. it didnt really grow new hair, but it stopped the fall out and made the existing hair thicker. but it was just too much hassle use it so i stopped, thats why Im looking for helmet.... anyone know of any comparative reviews?
    Not to call guys like BigTuna out, but this is one of the biggest reason why people do not believe in laser treatments. Too much "I felt it worked", "I can feel the difference", "I am sure it got thicker", "it definitely has worked", testimonials with no visual evidence. I felt the same way when I started using laser. After 3 months, I would have sworn that I was growing more hair, but after taking pics and comparing to baseline I noticed very little change at all. You want to convince people, then you need to provide conclusive before and after pics, anything else just isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Not to call guys like BigTuna out, but this is one of the biggest reason why people do not believe in laser treatments. Too much "I felt it worked", "I can feel the difference", "I am sure it got thicker", "it definitely has worked", testimonials with no visual evidence. I felt the same way when I started using laser. After 3 months, I would have sworn that I was growing more hair, but after taking pics and comparing to baseline I noticed very little change at all. You want to convince people, then you need to provide conclusive before and after pics, anything else just isn't going to cut it.
    It makes sense. But are you still using the LLLT? Do you think it helps when used as a complementary treatment?

Im not sure how to reply to the last two posts specifically (with the posts contained in a box) but Ill reply to both here.

Notcoolanymore: I totally agree with youre feelings. As you can see by my desire to find real reviews and comparisons I need hard evidence to make a decision (Im a med student/scientist, that how we think). That being said, I took pics of my hair over the course of using the LLLT, and I could see the difference between the left and right sides. Ive changes comps since then, but if I can find the pics I'll post them. BTW I didnt see the results until I hit about 7 months of usage (I also did it about 5x/week, instead of the recommended 3x). Which comb did you use?

Paul73: I havent used it in a few years, it was just too annoying to have to use it. But Im actually about to buy a helmet in a few min. I cant say anything to its actions as a comp tx, I did use rogaine foam when I was using the LLLT but my usage of the foam was spotty at best (maybe 1x/day, every 2-3 days). But I could only imagine that it will help to combat the hair loss.

So back to my original question..... does anyone have any info on which I should buy? No matter what Im going to buy one, so posts trying to tell me that they dont work arent helpful. Im leaning towards theradome over igrow bc of its proximity to the scalp and the ridges it has contacting the head. I think that its probably important to be able to use those ridges to shift the helmet to move hair and expose my scalp to the LLL.