Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulneedshair
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by joely
    Sorry if im wrong but was there not a law passed in Japan saying these things could be released earlier than the end of three trials or something similar? if so could we possibly get histogen sooner than waiting for the end of the trial?
    yes that is true, only needs phase 2 now before it can be released. That means with Histogen or Replicel we could have a cure within 2 or 3 years if all goes well. Plus bimatoprost results are out in january. I've never been this optimistic about treatments before. fingers crossed

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Histogen and Replicel are not "cures". That is very misleading. They are both better treatments than what we have available, however, they won't be released to the public unless they are significantly better. No one will fund them otherwise.

Comment

• brocktherock
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        Histogen and Replicel are not "cures". That is very misleading. They are both better treatments than what we have available, however, they won't be released to the public unless they are significantly better. No one will fund them otherwise.
        David Hall of repicel just went on record saying once they figure out dosage and frequency then it will be a full blown cure and your miniaturized follicles will be replaced with androgen insensitive follicles. We're on the home stretch. He wouldn't use such a promise with a large company backing him unless there was truth behind it. He didn't say "treatment" and didn't say "hope" or "if". This is huge.

Comment

• paulneedshair
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
          but if you get say 50% regrowth from replicel or hsitogen and the other 50% from a HT and drugs like bimatoprsot, minoxidil and propecia then you'd have a full head of hair so that would be a cure really. the more doses of histogen or replicel you have the more hair you'll get.

Comment

• mezuroro
            • Jul 2014

Hi guys,

Although I am a bit tired of seeing the same women's temple over the years, I have a question regarding these two treatments assuming that they work.

How would a hair-transplanted donor area react to these treatments? I think some of the hair follicles are damaged during an operation, right? If not, would the donor get super-densed? Sorry if it is discussed before or unrealistic to ask at this point, knowing that 5-year rule stays there.

Bests and thanks!
            B.

Comment

• Thinning@30
              • Mar 2010

How would a hair-transplanted donor area react to these treatments? I think some of the hair follicles are damaged during an operation, right? If not, would the donor get super-densed? Sorry if it is discussed before or unrealistic to ask at this point, knowing that 5-year rule stays there.
              Your question has come up a number of times over the past few years. To put it succinctly, no one knows at this point. HTs create scar tissue in the donor area. To date, all the trials and testing for Histogen and Replicel have been done using virgin areas of scalp. People who have had HTs were specifically excluded from clinical trials. We really have no idea yet whether Histogen or Replicel will work on donor area scar tissue, although if you ask me, it seems logical that they would not.

Interestingly, HTs also cause some scarring in the recipient area, around where surgeons make the incisions to implant hairs. If it does turn out these treatments can't grow hair in scar tissue, getting a HT and then using a Histogen or Replicel treatment to thicken up the recipient area would not work.

Comment

• mezuroro
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                Your question has come up a number of times over the past few years. To put it succinctly, no one knows at this point. HTs create scar tissue in the donor area. To date, all the trials and testing for Histogen and Replicel have been done using virgin areas of scalp. People who have had HTs were specifically excluded from clinical trials. We really have no idea yet whether Histogen or Replicel will work on donor area scar tissue, although if you ask me, it seems logical that they would not.

Interestingly, HTs also cause some scarring in the recipient area, around where surgeons make the incisions to implant hairs. If it does turn out these treatments can't grow hair in scar tissue, getting a HT and then using a Histogen or Replicel treatment to thicken up the recipient area would not work.
                Oh, I meant the "recipient area" in the first place. Thank you for the answer.

Now, I am again stuck in between waiting for these treatments to come up or having a fue.

Comment

• noisette
                  • Jun 2013

nobody knows if Histogen or replicel works in the recipient area if you have had a hT....

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by noisette
                    nobody knows if Histogen or replicel works in the recipient area if you have had a hT....
                    If the follicle cells are still present, then it should still work in the recipient area. Only way I can't see it not working is if the miniaturized follicles in balding areas have been removed.

Comment

• Jasari
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by noisette
                      It won't need to because the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant. Of course it will work on the surrounding 'invisible' miniaturised hairs as they are unaffected by a transplant.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                        • Mar 2010

It won't need to because the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant. Of course it will work on the surrounding 'invisible' miniaturised hairs as they are unaffected by a transplant.
                        I think the bigger concern is scar tissue created by incisions in the recipient area. During a HT, the surgeon makes tiny holes where the transplanted hairs are placed, and a small amount of scar tissue usually develops in the area around these incisions. Obviously, the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant, but no hair will grow in the small margin of scar tissue around the incision. These margins are very small, but imagine having them all over the recipient area. HTs can't provide natural levels of density (a lot of folks with HTs resort to Toppik and other fillers to create the illusion of normal density). Anyone planning to use next generation treatments like Histogen and Replicel should be a bit wary of HTs in this day and age.

Comment

• mezuroro
                          • Jul 2014

I think the bigger concern is scar tissue created by incisions in the recipient area. During a HT, the surgeon makes tiny holes where the transplanted hairs are placed, and a small amount of scar tissue usually develops in the area around these incisions. Obviously, the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant, but no hair will grow in the small margin of scar tissue around the incision. These margins are very small, but imagine having them all over the recipient area. HTs can't provide natural levels of density (a lot of folks with HTs resort to Toppik and other fillers to create the illusion of normal density). Anyone planning to use next generation treatments like Histogen and Replicel should be a bit wary of HTs in this day and age.
                          Thanks Thinning30! I don't think I will be having a ht any time soon after your post. As Spencer says, once you are cut, you are cut!

Another question. What about the scar tissues caused by Histogen injections? If I remember correctly, there would be hundreds of injections a year.

Comment

• Haircure
                            • May 2014

This is simply conjecture. You cannot definitively say that no hair will grow in these regions.There was a case where an elderly man sustained serious burns to his frontal scalp where he was bald, and hair began to grow again from that region. No one at this point can assume how these treatments can work on scalps with transplanted hairs unless they are knowledgable in that field. I think the main concern at this point should be directed at the percentage of responders and from what I recall it wasn't that high in the preliminary phases.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                              • Mar 2010

This is simply conjecture. You cannot definitively say that no hair will grow in these regions.There was a case where an elderly man sustained serious burns to his frontal scalp where he was bald, and hair began to grow again from that region. No one at this point can assume how these treatments can work on scalps with transplanted hairs unless they are knowledgable in that field.
                              You're absolutely right, we don't know. What I worry about is the thought process I sometimes encounter on these forums of "I can get a super aggressive HT now because Histogen and Replicel will be available in a few years." Hair generally doesn't grow out of scar tissue, barring the rare medical mysteries like the one you described. Since Histogen and Replicel aren't being tested on transplanted areas of scalp, I wouldn't bet on them being able to do that. Scar tissue is very different from normal skin.

Comment

• paulneedshair
                                • Oct 2014

So I just have some questions about histogen:

1) how much will it cost and will be priced per dose

2) what garantee can they give? say it fall oyuts after six months or you get an infection.

3) will you be able to use it with replicel?

4) will you be able to stop using meds like finasteride?

5) if it is released in japan next year then when will it be out in the usa and europe?

Thanks

Comment

Working...