Histogen and Replicel : stem cell meeting on the Mesa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sogeking
    • Feb 2011

I think this has promise. It won't cure you but it is also viable to the diminishing returns as it was said by Dr. Naughton.
    They are starting last phase in Japan beginning this year.

Remaining questions:
    How long will the last phase last? I mean Replicel phase 2 is 3 years long. However I don't expect the last dosing trial to last this long. ALthough this could be normal phase 2 trial which is why they chose Japan (regulatory fast track in Japan).
    Second question: this requires repeated injections which means staying in Japan for a longer period of time. How to pull this off?
    And of course price...

After last phase ends i believe it takes some more months to bring it to the market although they have to find partners first...

@comb0ver

Comment

• macbeth81
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by joely
      When she says 100 more hairs, does anyone know over what space that is?
      Phase I/IIa trials used 8 injections, spaced 3mm apart, within a 1.2cm2 area. Would that be enough density to be cosmetic?

Comment

• sdsurfin
        • Sep 2013

I think either way it should be a good way to keep your hair. Probably nothing will be a good cosmetic option for guys who are already very thin, until they really nail the cloning. This is great news if the trial is happening, shideido should buy histogram too and combine it with replicel.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by sdsurfin
          I think either way it should be a good way to keep your hair. Probably nothing will be a good cosmetic option for guys who are already very thin, until they really nail the cloning. This is great news if the trial is happening, shideido should buy histogram too and combine it with replicel.
          No reason why you couldn't do both procedures, one after the other. I wouldn't be surprised if cultured DSC cells would create nice terminal hair growing follicles WHEN supplemented with Histogen's growth factors AFTER Replicel's injections. We know that battling hair loss isn't a single pathway (DHT) as even the inhibition of that still causes further loss, so a multi approach is likely necessary (downregulation of DKK1, PGD2, DHT, etc) and upregulation of PGE2, etc. A similar approach MAY be necessary or beneficial by combining histogen with replicel.

Comment

• garethbale
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
            Pay close attention to what she says at 4:45

'So we're moving forward right now with the strategy to do our final clinical trial for approval in Japan starting early next year for male pattern baldness.'

I found this quote slightly ambiguous...

Did Gail mean they are moving to implement the strategy in early next year or the trial itself? If it's the strategy, the trial may not happen till later.

The fact that they have targeting Japan is great though, since Japan has its legislation to advance stem cell technologies at a quicker rate to the West.

Comment

• Pelopeleon
              • May 2014

I always ask the same, but it is something important for me to know, do you know if the histogen and replicel treatments have cummulative effects?, I mean for example: The first time you get it done, you regrow some hair, it makes thicker some of your hair; one year after seeing the effects, you receive more injections on your scalp... would you see more hair getting thicker and more hair regrowing in your head, so... can you repeat this if you have enough money and regenerate your hair progressively?

Comment

• Illusion
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by macbeth81
                Phase I/IIa trials used 8 injections, spaced 3mm apart, within a 1.2cm2 area. Would that be enough density to be cosmetic?
                Does anyone know what the cost of a treatment approx. is going to be? Like how many $ per injection are we looking at?

Comment

• macbeth81
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Illusion
                  Does anyone know what the cost of a treatment approx. is going to be? Like how many $ per injection are we looking at?
                  In previous thread on this forum it was stated to be 2,000USD. I cannot confirm these claims though.

A colleague just sent me this. How is this not awesome. HSC caused a response in over 80% of subjects who grew 40-60% more hair. Pretty impressive. Current trials show 8% increase in hair density at 12 weeks decreasing to 6% at 24 weeks then rising to 30-40% at 48 weeks (average of all subjects) It also works in

Sad that near the end of 2014 and it feels like 2012 with Histogen and Replicel both alive again and nothing else really in sight.

Comment

• brocktherock
                    • Dec 2013

Better days are ahead of us boys. I'm very grateful that action is taking place even if it isn't as fast as we'd all like.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                      What is this timeline based on?
                      Them starting it next year, running a year trial and getting approval in japan right after.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

It would be nice if we could finally get Gail live on BTT. Heck, it might even bring her investor interest. I hope they received some from the conference.

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

No toxicity and no adverse effects and it works in temples and men over 40. That tells me you can do it as needed and the dose can be increased. "Men over 40" means it doesn't matter how far miniaturized the follicles are so in theory all follicles can be saved. I think this will be the game changer guys.

Comment

• rambo007
                            • Oct 2014

RepliCel presentation:

Presented by: David Hall, CEORepliCel is a regenerative medicine company focused on autologous cell therapies that address diseases caused by a deficit of he...

Comment

• Kudu
                              • Nov 2013

I wonder what a treatment from both Histogen and Replicel would yield? Just musing, but it could be an effective cure for lower norwoods if it all worked out right.

Comment

• joely
                                • Sep 2011

Sorry if im wrong but was there not a law passed in Japan saying these things could be released earlier than the end of three trials or something similar? if so could we possibly get histogen sooner than waiting for the end of the trial?

Comment

Working...