+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Island View Post
    Most men don't lose their hair until later on in life (35+) so it really puts us younger guys (18-35) at a huge disadvantage.
    Dude, you gotta change the way you think. Work out and make your self look as well as you can. But your attitude and how you carry yourself go a long way. I don't date girls my age...I moved back east from SoCal and the ones my age have kids, overweight, and not active. Usually they are 5-10yrs younger than me and very active. Seriously, don't let the hair thing mess with you that badly! I want more hair, cant lie, but its not the huge issue you guys make it out to be. It probably bothered me much more when I was younger too, and therefore never approached the "hot" girl. Now that I'm older, i dont let it bother me as much. I do hate looking in the mirror every morning and seeing someone that looks older than i feel.
    Good luck to you!

In my opinion, balding isn't the end of the world like many make it seem, but is isn't totally irrelevant either. I would be the first to say that for most people hair loss will have a negative impact on their looks. But I truly believe that it isn't a death sentence. You don't have to live a life of poverty, or exclusively date undesirable women. Will hair loss exclude you from dating certain people or getting jobs? Yes it certainly can, but it will not always be the case. I have seen many bald/balding guys achieving financial success, or dating hot women. It really isn't that uncommon at all.

Too many guys around here want to use hair loss as a way to just give up on life, because that is the easy thing to do. We have a built in excuse to blame all of our failures on. It is much harder to step up and improve ourselves then it is just to say "if I had all my hair(which more than likely will never be an option) then everything would be perfect". I have seen men complaining countless times about not getting women or jobs. Then you ask them about education or exercising and they respond "I am too depressed to work out or find a better job".

Quote Originally Posted by hairyandthehendersons View Post
    Dude, you gotta change the way you think. Work out and make your self look as well as you can.
    Why should we have to do that as bald or balding men? NW1 don't have to work out, they can just be slobs and women will like them that way.

Not everyone wants to get into bodybuilding. Ask yourself this question. If baldness isn't such a big deal, then why we have to compensate for it by working out?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Why should we have to do that as bald or balding men? NW1 don't have to work out, they can just be slobs and women will like them that way.

Not everyone wants to get into bodybuilding. Ask yourself this question. If baldness isn't such a big deal, then why we have to compensate for it by working out?
    Aren't you overrating hair? I mean, hair only helps when you are already good looking. If you are ugly, hair won't make you look better. I have seen plenty of ugly NW1s. Examples of famous ugly NW1s would be Diego Maradonna and George Lucas.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Aren't you overrating hair? I mean, hair only helps when you are already good looking. If you are ugly, hair won't make you look better. I have seen plenty of ugly NW1s. Examples of famous ugly NW1s would be Diego Maradonna and George Lucas.
    Lucas has a really low hairline. Never really noticed that before. My wife and I saw the final Hobbit film last night. Quite an interesting collection of dwarf hair and hair styles. One looks to be a modified Norwood 7 with tattoos all over his head.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Well for me I was active most of my life. I love to snowboard, skateboard, surf and mountain bike. Also I do a lot of heated yoga because it helps all of my sports injuries I live with, mental health and well, I meet a lot of girls that are super attractive and are into the same things as me. I can't speak for anyone else but this is how it worked for me. After college I stopped doing all of those things because I thought that's what adults do. Sitting in a cube all day I naturally got chubby and lost muscle tone. I had a full thick head of hair and got almost no attention from girls. Now I have a buzz cut and date very often. Everyone is different but you gotta atleast try and make the best out of the hand your dealt. Really man start feeling more confidence and it goes a long way. Obviously I wouldn't be on here if I didn't want a nice full head of hair. Yeah probably it would make me more attractive to a certain group of women. Possibly boost my confidence more. I love feeling young and I absolutely hate waking up in the morning seeing someone that doesn't look like 'me'. It bothered me the most when o first started losing my hair and friends would point it out. But those friends lacked a lot of self confidence themselves and had a lot of their own issues so I had a lot of stuff to come back with. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has had no impact on my career. I'm doing extremely well in my field. I wish you all the best of luck with finding a solution that helps. To dwell on it as the end of a great life is insane. Things can be way worse than hair loss.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Default Man Dumped for Being Too Hairy

Girlfriend, according to this article dumped her man because he's too hairy.

Article

Chuck

Perfect For this Story
    http://imgur.com/gallery/VB1lfcD

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    At the end of the day hair probably is overrated. It adds to your appearance no doubt but the reality is this: if you're attractive pre hair, you're attractive post hair.

The hardest hit guys would be those on the cusp of being attractive. For everyone else though: If you weren't attractive pre hair loss you won't be attractive post. The best thing anyone could do is to get FUE to build a hairline. While crown hair loss will still suck; a hairline frames the face and essentially keeps your look age appropriate.

Re: The body building thing; I know a lot of guys just aren't into it. Fair enough. Unfortunately a lean guy in the 180-200lb [80-90kg] will be far more attractive to the opposite sex, norwood 1 or not.

I'm more on the athletic side of things [170lb]. I prefer football over bodybuilding. That being said I spent 5 years working as a membership salesman at a gym. The place was packed with lean, bulky guys, hair, balding [Buzzed] etc and the fact of the matter is this: Women love it. It's down to the individual whether he wants to attain the look.

After 25/30 women care less about what you bring to the table with your looks (hair, height to a degree, bod, ****) and more about what table you bring. Once they get the whole hot/bad boy out of the way in their 20s when they have access to men galore (even the average ones and forget the hot ones) then they start to try to get the best they can for their future. Often this means ditching the guy with the adonis locks, or the jock, or the hung like horse for the possibly shorter, not a hottie bubble but who can provide the kind of life they want. So don't let anyone tell you women care less about looks or are less superficial. When women tell you they are more 'practical' it means they will end a relationship that has great physical/emotional connection in favor of one that will give them more...stuff/security. I've been to at least one wedding where the bride is marrying the newly minted partner at the firm while the hottie photographer is in fact some guy she was banging for years and the husband doesn't know about. Not ranting here just letting you know the score. Men's evolution is drastically different, after going for the hottest girls they can in their 20s they go for the women that make them happiest in their 30s. Why? Because women aren't 'bringing anything to the table' that men can't or aren't expected to bring for themselves; a good home, salary, lifestyle, security. What this really has to do with a HT in fact is that if you are getting it in your 30s or 40s, you aren't and don't need it to get 35-55 year old women because they are either a) husband shopping and your hair won't really matter if you have your shit together or b) divorced and husband shopping and your hair won't matter. So who do you get a HT for besides your own self-esteem, to improve your looks for business meetings which in many industry is key (er Don Draper wouldn't be so admired by men and wanted by women if he looked like Peter Campbell he'd just be a jerk)? You do it to be attractive to 25-35 year old women who are still looking for hot bod/hair/looks so you can have sex with them AND possibly, if one is worth your time and future,marry. But bitching about women who either go for looks, height, hair or money is just a waste of time. Just NEVER get guilted by women in turn to not appreciate the 'superficial' things that you do value, and when you hit 45 and have great hair or a HT, don't let the 45 year old women guilt you into spending your new looks and your hard earned money on them because now they are willing to date you. Accept we are all 'superficial' in our own ways, make your self as good as you can in the ways you can change (body, hair, success, dress, personality) and pursue the best you can without guilt. If you are getting a HT at 25 (!) then realize that even if you are getting hot(ter0 girls with your new locks, you better also get your shit together in the next ten years and hold on to your hair because the girls your age are going to care way less about your hair full or not then AND the younger girls still will. If you hit your 30s with decent success and looks however, you will basically have transported yourself to the life that 18-29 year old girls enjoyed for so long; the pick of the litter.