Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

There used to be this girl I liked. One day, we were talking together about some random stuff when suddenly baldness (not related to me) came up. She didn't knew I was balding (it wasn't really noticable yet), so I got her uncensored opinion on bald men. She thought bald men were scary.
    When I was younger I used to take everything girls said for gospel. As I got older I realised that often times girls said one thing only to contradict themselves with their actions not long after.

As an example; About 4 years ago [Before my first HT] I was on holiday in Prague. At this time I was a Norwood 4a [Fortunately this style of hair-loss while advanced is limited to the front] and with a lot of styling & hopefully a lack of wind I was able to conceal it with a kind of terrible Bieber-ish fringe.

Long story short me & a few friends booked in to do a pub crawl through the city. Now earlier that day I had lost a big chunk of money & was in a terrible mood. I was pretty much going out to get trashed. Anyway we get to the first bar & within minutes meet a group of around 5 20 year old American girls [Surprisingly not drinking - I guess they took the American 21 year age limit seriously].

A few drinks go by and they notice my mate is wearing at hat. Obviously they get curious and ask whether he's bald [Because of course only bald guys wear caps lol]. Now my friend has a full thick head of Norwood 1 hair. He takes off his hat & the girls tell him how much better he looks.

At this point I was rather curious. I've seemingly managed to conceal my hair loss to these girls so I asked them: Why do you care if he's bald? Universally they turn to me & say 'being bald is a deal breaker'.

Now I looked at all these girls & two were stunners. The other three weren't winning any modelling contracts lol. I probed a little further and got virtually the same response. I was crushed. For the next 45 minutes of the 'happy hour' I downed about 6 pints.

A bell rang [Which indicates it's time to head out to the next bar & I was off. The moment I went outside a big gust of wind hit & ruined my hair. Fortunately I was drunk enough to not give a ****].

I spent the duration of the next pub stop talking to a range of European girls. I can't remember much but I know I had fun.

Anyway: Around two hours later I'd sobered up and made it to the final stop. A 5 story nightclub on Karlovy Lane. Terrible pace to be honest. I make my way up to the fifth floor & bump into the prettiest of the American girls. She stops looks at me & goes 'Wow, you're really bald". Now if I was stone cold sober I would have probably said something offensive & walked away, but I was still drunk enough not to care. I smiled, looked her dead in the eyes and said 'So what?'.

Within about 20 minutes we were making out on the dance floor. I said to her "I thought being bald was a deal breaker". She shrugged. We got together a few more times over the next few days before leaving for our subsequent destinations.

This moment however has always stuck with me. It was the first time I realised that you can't take everything a girl says seriously. Since then, I've witnessed countless events where a girls actions contradict her words.

TLDR: Girls are fickle. Don't take what they say to heart [As hard as that might be].