+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

OP, sorry for ur pain. I know what it's like to be reject by a woman for looks.

Thanks for the kind words Artista and I think you are absolutely right. As an update I can say that I've moved on, granted I am single but taking advice like Artista's I'm actually being more selective and careful about who I talk to. I'm a relationship kind of guy, I like to get to know people and not just have a one night stand. Luckily I am stilled blessed with overall attractive looks so I am not as unlucky as others who are more affected by hair loss. However, I think my confidence and personality is the primary factor when it comes to decent girls.

Flight, man I know it sucks but you can't give up! Focus on working out, finding a better job, and I think a hair system would do you good. Women can grind us into the ground or make us bullet proof depending on what they do. It's tough, but with work you can achieve anything. Focus on getting in shape right now man, try to work on your personality and confidence.

If people reject you, they have done their worst already, all you gotta do is give them the finger and find someone new, this planet has over 7 billion people, you'll find somebody!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Kudu ,you have the RIGHT POSITIVE attitude!
    That positive attitude will take you very far in LIFE too.
    Being that you ARE a young man, in time you (and others ) WILL experience BETTER hair loss treatments in the future!
    (I try to avoid using the term 'cure')
    Because of the 'Human Genome Project' (which was finalized in 2003) International medical science was able to
    'map out all of our genes' creating a Genetic Blueprint in which so many new things/treatments will and have been created,,already. Not just speaking about hair loss of course.
    Now keep in mind, overall, hairloss is NOT a physical danger to any of us.
    (except of course, for those who are seriously depressed which makes up a small % overall -regarding hairloss)
    If it were a physical danger then the medical scientific community would have jumped all over it!!
    When you young guys get a little more older you will start to see just how quickly a matter of 10 years go by so FAST.
    That being said, it is time to LIVE FOR TODAY and NOT WAIT for a new treatment to make you feel better. 'You' can make yourself feel better by living your life to its fullest regardless of how much hair there is....
    Kudu, you gave great advice to others-keep up the good work bro..Cheers.

Thanks Artista! Really appreciate that sir! I'm positive we will see better treatments if not a cure at some point. Keeping our heads up and marching forward is the REAL solution to our problems I feel. This thread was kind of an advice and opinions thread. I've obtained both and I guess it shows we can't let things get to us, whether that be women, hair loss, or anything else in life. Thanks guys and case closed, we have good things ahead of us!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Kudu,
    I really like your positive attitude. Please spay active here as much as you can..
    Our youth must be given proper common sense, truthfulness and GOOD advice in order for them
    NOT TO HOLD BACK ON LIFE!!
    There is NO DOUBT that the youth of our times WILL experience BETTER treatments in the future
    (no one knows exactly when of course) ... The point is that they must accept what they are given for right now/today ..meaning that IF their hair loss is unbiasedly prevalent enough there ARE treatments available now.
    (in my experience Finasteride is doing well) But there are many different avenues to CONSIDER, like~~
    ACCEPTING hair loss for what it is or SHAVING your head(some do,,I almost DID),
    OR as Spencer has mentioned many times, hair pieces.
    (today's hair pieces can be AMAZING) OR eventually looking into hair transplants with
    REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS of course!! (hopefully Dr Wesley's new science proves out)..
    OR topical treatments like Minoxidil..or medicines like Finasteride.
    It all depends on each INDIVIDUAL.
    But the youth of today MUST NOT ALLOW their emotions to get the better of them!!
    It IS NOT WORTH IT!
    Kudu, I will try to spend more time back on the forum for the SAKE of our 'kids' !!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Now keep in mind, overall, hairloss is NOT a physical danger to any of us.
    Not in most cases, but advanced hair loss is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. This is well known today. What is not known is the link between the two. I wish one day the link is found and hair loss is genetically cured to address this risk too.

Quote Originally Posted by baldduders View Post
    Of course most times the young girls would rather a nice head of hair, until they fall in love with a bald guy ...
    I don't know which ones you consider as such. In my mind, "young girls" refers to 18-20 years old women, and in this age range they never fall in love with a bald guy. This is a fact of life, looks are almost everything in younger ages where the mental function has not yet reached its full potential and humans are often driven by primitive (animalistic, if you wish) forces, especially when it comes to reproduction instincts.

Of course analogous things can happen to the girls. I have seen countless times in other forums, girls in the above age range, to "cry" because no one wants them. The reason? They are fat, ugly (whatever this may mean) ...

Later on of course this changes progressively, and with it many other things.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    I don't know which ones you consider as such. In my mind, "young girls" refers to 18-20 years old women, and in this age range they never fall in love with a bald guy. This is a fact of life, looks are almost everything in younger ages where the mental function has not yet reached its full potential and humans are often driven by primitive (animalistic, if you wish) forces, especially when it comes to reproduction instincts.

Of course analogous things can happen to the girls. I have seen countless times in other forums, girls in the above age range, to "cry" because no one wants them. The reason? They are fat, ugly (whatever this may mean) ...

Later on of course this changes progressively, and with it many other things.
    I remember a girl I worked with who in her early twenties had a really bald boyfriend. She mentioned the reason she stayed with him related to certain skills.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I remember a girl I worked with who in her early twenties had a really bald boyfriend. She mentioned the reason she stayed with him related to certain skills.

Chuck
    Good to know. But I have never seen a girl younger than 25 being with a bald guy. Not even remotely. I am not saying that it cannot happen, but it seems that this is the rule. Anything else is an exception.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Good to know. But I have never seen a girl younger than 25 being with a bald guy. Not even remotely. I am not saying that it cannot happen, but it seems that this is the rule. Anything else is an exception.
    I have mentioned my Norwood 6 friend who shaves his head quite a few times here in the forum. He is about 46 and had a girlfriend in her early twenties. This guy meets women everywhere he goes. He flirts with women and is pretty overt. It can be at Home Depot, Starbucks or while he's on vacation somewhere. He really knows how to talk to women and has a positive self-confident personality.

Chuck