+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Which is like 90% of the population. Anyone who has truly experienced the before and after of hair loss can tell you that their quality of life has significantly diminished, so much to the point where many consider just ending it.

If you've come on this forum just to undervalue the impact of this life altering disease, feel free to show yourself out. We already have enough of you guys on the board as it is.

How about we add you and hellouser to the list of completely immature and mentally traumatized individuals who desperately need to seek a mental health professional, because your problem is that you completely lack self esteem and are delusional about what it means to be bald. Balding is annoying and makes you slightly less attractive to some people. That is it. We all hate it, but i for one think its incredibly shitty of you to come on these forums and make other people depressed, especially young people, because you can't come to terms with your first world problem. You insult my bald friends and family and myself, and so many other bald people that have great lives and are respected for their more important traits, with your idiotic commentary about how being bald is worth suicide and worth being unhappy losers. The people who SHOULD be on this forum are people who are interested in the research and options, and people who want help coping. not people who need to be seeing psychiatrists or people who have such low self esteem that they need to vomit it all over everyone else and make up stupid shit about society having a vendetta against balding men. give me a break.

Als0- your quality of life changed because you feel inferior because of your baldness. if you acted like it was nothing, your quality of life would not change one bit- guaranteed. Ive seen it more times than i can count at the age of 32. even the friends i have who hide their baldness with caps didn't let it change their quality of life. they still go out and find girls and work hard and are productive and happy. so lay off of the self pity pipe and grow up to be a man.

Why is it that every time I come to a thread for a while it has to turn into telling people when and why it's ok to feel the way they do? The comment with regards to shavibg people's head to show them a miserable two weeks was obviously sarcastic, and if you can't wrap your mind around that then you need to be checked out mentally yourself.. I think we all understand that cancer or other life threatening sicknesses would be awful, and it's easy to underestimate their impacts while we sit comfortably away from those issues at this time, but I can also understand the hole hairloss can put you in emotionally! I think we can all agree that there are those that can deal with things better than others so let's leave it at that, and if you happen to be lucky enough not to suffer emotionally from your hairloss then good for you, but you can't push it on someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by awesome0 View Post
    And I hate to tell you this, but sooner or later, 100 percent of the population has a real health scare or surgery.
    And as far as suicidality goes, if you have felt depression severe enough you've considered suicide or really felt depressed (I'm more annoyed) due to hair loss, I suggest focusing on treating your mental health. I'm not being rude hear, but I think there's far more effective treatments for mental health than for hair loss, especially when it comes to increasing overall happiness.
    That is a great answer and makes a fantastic point. The biggest pain point of hairloss for many, is coping and accepting. For me at least, that has been the biggest challenge.

You are right, that you CAN find great treatments that allow you to better cope and not feel like every day is a fight in an endless battle.

Good for you for reminding people.

Quote Originally Posted by marikeo View Post
    That is a great answer and makes a fantastic point. The biggest pain point of hairloss for many, is coping and accepting. For me at least, that has been the biggest challenge.

You are right, that you CAN find great treatments that allow you to better cope and not feel like every day is a fight in an endless battle.

Good for you for reminding people.

And if you cope better your life will still be damaged because of hair loss. I was majoring in sociology before I got a great job and I assure you that attractiveness goes a long way towards deciding how society interacts with a human being. The studies are overwhelmingly in favor of this concept. Attractiveness or unattractiveness can even decide if you go to jail or not if you're a defendant in a criminal trial. Here's some interesting reading for you all:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...414787/?no-ist

http://www.businessinsider.com/attra...cessful-2012-9

http://www.businessinsider.com/studi...autiful-2013-6

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tykiisel...ur-appearance/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8809987.html

And here's some links to stories about attractive people being treated better in the criminal justice system:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/...y_defenda.html

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ews_for_ug.php