+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Take a look at this:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-orig.cnn.html

They've got 2,000 donated brains... that's some serious effort into trying to figure out Alzheimers. Now how about androgenetic alopecia? Well, Tofacitinib was released years ago and shortly after it was quickly tried on Alopecia Areata patients with ZERO effort for the rest of the hair loss community which makes up 98% of all sufferers anyway.

Pathetic.

Im so done with hair loss being so low on the bucket list..and for so long now.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlosskills View Post
    Im so done with hair loss being so low on the bucket list..and for so long now.
    It always has and always will be the lowest on the totem pole. I can't help but feel bad for all those guys on *** that put that MPB website together, they should know that no one will ever donate to the cause. Most women don't care unless it affects them personally which is a very small minority and most men with full heads of hair don't ever wanna see us baldies back in the game, they like having an unfair advantage over us.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    It always has and always will be the lowest on the totem pole. I can't help but feel bad for all those guys on *** that put that MPB website together, they should know that no one will ever donate to the cause. Most women don't care unless it affects them personally which is a very small minority and most men with full heads of hair don't ever wanna see us baldies back in the game, they like having an unfair advantage over us.
    +1

Sadly no, the foundation will go nowhere, success online these days is pre determined by how viral the website or video becomes/is online.
    Popularity and consistent media coverage is how most websites collect high amounts of traffic for online donations.
    Unfortunately i feel like the media largely consists of talking/gossiping about the life of celebrities...sadly.

What's worse is the website is ran by a bunch of amateurs. I'm all for taking action, but it's quite obvious that it won't go nowhere. I said from day one, crowd funding for hair loss will never take off. No one is going to go to that amateur site and hand over their money, especially when they don't even know where/who it's going to. What's worse is that there's no guarantee that the money will actually do anything. Researchers blow through millions of dollars every year with very little if anything to show for it. That's just research. Look at Histogen, they have a state of the art treatment ready to hit the market but no one cares to fund them. That's when you know you're really f*cked.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlosskills View Post
    +1

Sadly no, the foundation will go nowhere, success online these days is pre determined by how viral the website or video becomes/is online.
    Popularity and consistent media coverage is how most websites collect high amounts of traffic for online donations.
    Unfortunately i feel like the media largely consists of talking/gossiping about the life of celebrities...sadly.
    If all it takes is something viral then why aren't you contributing with ideas? You make it sound pretty easy.... which it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If all it takes is something viral then why aren't you contributing with ideas? You make it sound pretty easy.... which it actually is.
    Why don't you just come clean with the everyone on *** and tell them to shut it down ? I think we all know it isn't going to go anywhere. I hate to see you waste all of your time and expertise for something that's never going to take off. If anyone should be running/developing the site, it should be you.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Why don't you just come clean with the everyone on *** and tell them to shut it down ? I think we all know it isn't going to go anywhere. I hate to see you waste all of your time and expertise for something that's never going to take off. If anyone should be running/developing the site, it should be you.
    Unfortunately it takes more than just one person.... which is why the blame lands on many of YOU guys; complacency. It can easily take off... just not enough of you guys give a real shit. The whole initiative could EASILY take off... it's like you guys are hoping against hope. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Unfortunately it takes more than just one person.... which is why the blame lands on many of YOU guys; complacency. It can easily take off... just not enough of you guys give a real shit. The whole initiative could EASILY take off... it's like you guys are hoping against hope. WTF?
    So what's the goal here anyway ? Raise x amount of money for who ? You're the one that cautioned me on crowd funding because there's no promise on what happens with the money, that alone will scare off 90% of people. It's like funding Desmond to go to WCHR again, except this time once he gets the money, he can choose to go or to stay at home and keep the money. How many people do you think would have thrown money into the pot knowing that ?

There's no guarantee of anything. You guys need a promise from someone that x amount of money will bring a better treatment than Finasteride or an all out cure. Without that, it's just a shot in the dark. Either or, I don't see it kicking off, especially with the amateurs that are running it.

Hey. Long time lurker, first time writer. So, there is a website called kickstarter.com. Its a website where people post an idea or invention they would like to make but need money to start it. From what I hear, there are just tons of people coughing up money to the projects that peak their interest. I read a bit of what you wrote about the MPB Foundation and how you wanted to appeal to women too. You need a video with testimonials from people explaining how hairloss has ruined their lives or why they want to put an end to it. Of course that would be difficult to travel around and do, so maybe people could film themselves with their webcams in blogger fashion. Then there is a narrator talking about what the Foundation is working toward and what it needs. This would definitely create a following. Also it needs to take on a different tone. For someone (a non sufferer) watching the video, women losing their hair is sad. When discussing the men, it would need a light hearted feel. Not too serious for fear of being goofy to the viewer. I work in film and video so I'd be happy to cut something together.