+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Technology is advancing, however we'll have to wait till' next decade for some more game changing technologies, but due to clinical trials and scaling everything from lab to market level medicine will always lag behind other technological developments except fusion. Fusion should come around 2050. Damn who knows if I'm gonna' be alive to see it.
    Actually it doesn't even matter...

Honestly I might be more excited about replicel giving me back my achilles, which lately I have to stretch out way more after soccer and other activities now that I'm 35. But I'd love to have my hair back too.

I suppose right now given we're on this forum we'll complain about why all research hasn't been devoted to hair loss. But I suppose once one of gets cancer, diabetes, or something else that just happens as we age, we'll be glad about the research dollars that have gone elsewhere. We can't live forever..

Quote Originally Posted by awesome0 View Post
    Honestly I might be more excited about replicel giving me back my achilles, which lately I have to stretch out way more after soccer and other activities now that I'm 35. But I'd love to have my hair back too.

I suppose right now given we're on this forum we'll complain about why all research hasn't been devoted to hair loss. But I suppose once one of gets cancer, diabetes, or something else that just happens as we age, we'll be glad about the research dollars that have gone elsewhere. We can't live forever..
    Well not forever but you mentioned technological advancement, so why not living for a very long time? Given enough of medical breakthroughs we could cure aging. I'm secretly hoping for that, however no end in sight yet for that.

Default TO be honest

I'm not that excited about living for a really long time if it I can't be active, productive and enjoy life. Medicine has progressed faster in delaying death, but not so much in delaying aging. I would prefer to leave a full live to 75 and drop dead, then slowly deteriorate towards a painful death at 90.

Most of delaying aging is on us: diet, exercise, rest and challenging our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome0 View Post
    I'm not that excited about living for a really long time if it I can't be active, productive and enjoy life.
    This. Life past your prime is useless. What's with everyone and always wanting to live forever ? Make good use of the time that you have so when you're 50 and ready to kick the bucket, you can look back and say that you enjoyed life to the fullest while you could. We don't need more people living longer, the world is already overpopulated.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    It doesn't help that hair loss research seems to be focused on creating new follicles. Why not address the problem directly and revive existing miniaturized hairs? I will probably being drawing Social Security before they have a solution at this pace.
    Quote, re-quote and quote again. Creating new follicles is the other half of the solution, but reviving back the ones already there would be the final solution to me. Complete control over where hair grows and where it doesn't, how dense it is, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    That's what RepliCel is doing, though the problem still stands with the revived miniaturized hairs; they're still susceptible to our hormones, which doesn't really solve anything. We bring them back to life only for them to shrink once again. With brand new bioengineered follicles, we won't have to worry about the effects of DHT and miniaturization.
    I guess already-existing follicles could be bioengineered as well.

This. Life past your prime is useless. What's with everyone and always wanting to live forever ? Make good use of the time that you have so when you're 50 and ready to kick the bucket, you can look back and say that you enjoyed life to the fullest while you could. We don't need more people living longer, the world is already overpopulated.
    Sad but so damn true.

You've got the whole concept of curing aging misinterpreted.
    1. By curing aging I mean stopping aging, or even reversing so chronologically you would be 125 years for instance but physically and mentally you would be in your mid thirties.
    2. Not everyone wants to live forever but wouldn't you like to be in your thirties with good set of hair for I don't know 200 years? I mean curing aging would probably change the whole concept of suicide. After 200 years if you think you had enough you would just reverse aging or maybe even opt out.
    3. The problem with overpopulation is gonna' happen regardless if we cure aging or not, but for example in Western well developed countries there is a silent rule that birth rate is dropping down in more advanced and rich first world countries when the economical situation has improved. The only reason why population of Europe and North America is rising so much is because of immigration. Sooner or later we have to move from Earth if we're gonna save ourselves from overpopulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    but wouldn't you like to be in your thirties with good set of hair for I don't know 200 years? .
    Sure, and I'd also like a billion dollars and a couple of hot girls to go with that... WTF is the point of this ? You're seriously briefing me on useless speculative bullshit that's never going to happen ?

Sure, and I'd also like a billion dollars and a couple of hot girls to go with that... WTF is the point of this ? You're seriously briefing me on useless speculative bullshit that's never going to happen ?
    Then what are you doing on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Then what are you doing on this forum?
    The same thing everyone else is I guess.