Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Memelord
    • Sep 2014

Concerns of balding at 20

Hey all I've been lurking the last week and finally decided to post because I'm really just not sure what I should do anymore.

I apologise in advance for errors as I am on my phone...

I am a 20 year old guy who has generally always had a thick head of hair. However, probably around high school I noticed that my hair line seemed higher but didn't really think much of it. In my last year of school someone asked me if I was going bald, which I put off to the hair style I had at the time of having long hair but pushed back due to rules at school.

But this year everything seems to be crashing down around me. First I had a hair dresser tell me I had thin hair, which came as a shock, but the breaking point came when my mother made a passing comment about my hair feeling thinner.

This put me into panic mode, as I generally as a rule always shed quite a log of hair, but I suddenly saw every that was coming out much more seriously. I went to see a doctor, but have yet to see a dermatologist, and as my father went bald in his teens, I have been quite concerned.

Ive attatched a variety of photos showing my hair both wet and dried, as well as the top with my hair parted and how it normally sits.
    There is also a photo from around a year ago and 3 from goday after I had a haircut.

Any input on whether I am truley beginning to bald or not would be welcome, my doctor told me a definitive maybe but and I've started using some aminexil ahampoo/conditioner/hair spray thing but I've heard that aminexil doesn't actually do anything so should I try some other stuff?

Thanks guys, and apologies for any shit formatting again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	469248Click image for larger version

Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	469259Click image for larger version

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	469258Click image for larger version

Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	469257Click image for larger version

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	469256Click image for larger version

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	469255Click image for larger version

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	469254Click image for larger version

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	469253Click image for larger version

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	469252Click image for larger version

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	469251Click image for larger version

Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	469250Click image for larger version

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	469249Click image for larger version

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	469260
  • Memelord
    • Sep 2014

sorry to bump my own thread but i figured id add a better pic of what the top of my head looks like when my hair is parted

Click image for larger version

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	439017Click image for larger version

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	439018Click image for larger version

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	439019

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Memelord
      sorry to bump my own thread but i figured id add a better pic of what the top of my head looks like when my hair is parted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35083[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35084[/ATTACH]

You have more hair at 20 than I did at 15...Be happy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Memelord
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FlightTL
        You have more hair at 20 than I did at 15...Be happy!!!!!!!!!
        I am happy that I still have the hair I do, but if possible I would like to protect what I have if it actually is balding, any insights?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

You know your hair better than any of us so I would say if you think you are balding you probably are. If you want an outside opinion then yes I think you are balding too. It is no real mystery what is available fin, minox, and nizoral. Personally if I was in your shoes I would get on fin, but it is your choice. Learn about the risks and make your decision.

Comment

Working...