+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    What do you do when you hear the person you want to be with say " I need to be attracted to the person to be in a relationship with them "?
    It's comments like that one that remind me that most of us won't ever be able to recover from this disease. The worst part about it is that people just don't understand that we don't want to sport the bald look either, they may find it repulsing but so do we. That's the shittiest feeling about all this, having no control over what you look like. It's like being forced to wear clothes that don't suit you for the rest of your life. You're the type of guy that wears suits everyday but along came some disease that forced you to wear basketball clothes everyday instead. How the f*ck can you feel great about yourself when you feel like you're trapped in someone else's body ? Some days I just want to scream "This isn't me." F*ck I HATE this embarrassing disease, what a useless defect. Life would have been SO much more simpler if hair loss never existed. Wake up in the morning, style your hair how YOU want to and leave for work, the end. Guys with full heads of hair have no f*cking idea what it's like. For their sake, I hope they never have to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    It's comments like that one that remind me that most of us won't ever be able to recover from this disease. The worst part about it is that people just don't understand that we don't want to sport the bald look either, they may find it repulsing but so do we. That's the shittiest feeling about all this, having no control over what you look like. It's like being forced to wear clothes that don't suit you for the rest of your life. You're the type of guy that wears suits everyday but along came some disease that forced you to wear basketball clothes everyday instead. How the f*ck can you feel great about yourself when you feel like you're trapped in someone else's body ? Some days I just want to scream "This isn't me." F*ck I HATE this embarrassing disease, what a useless defect. Life would have been SO much more simpler if hair loss never existed. Wake up in the morning, style your hair how YOU want to and leave for work, the end. Guys with full heads of hair have no f*cking idea what it's like. For their sake, I hope they never have to find out.
    I dont know what to say.. So far i've erased 2 responses. I'll just say, I feel like balding labels me as the loser. No matter what I accomplish in life I feel as if someone could bring me down just by saying "I don't care, you're bald and ugly".

I just want to be on an equal playing field as everyone else. I don't want the reason for someone turning me down to be something that I have no control over. Isn't that just so sick. You can't even ****ing blame them for being that way either can you? Most men don't like overweight women, it's not attractive. At the same time it's not a big deal, weight is something most people can control so if a women is turned down because of her weight she always has the choice.

I want someone to turn me down because of something that I'm in control over. Something that they disagree with or is my f***ing fault. Holy shit man. This is just so ****ing sick.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    You whining is so annoying, I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    I dont know what to say.. So far i've erased 2 responses. I'll just say, I feel like balding labels me as the loser. No matter what I accomplish in life I feel as if someone could bring me down just by saying "I don't care, you're bald and ugly".

I just want to be on an equal playing field as everyone else. I don't want the reason for someone turning me down to be something that I have no control over. Isn't that just so sick. You can't even ****ing blame them for being that way either can you? Most men don't like overweight women, it's not attractive. At the same time it's not a big deal, weight is something most people can control so if a women is turned down because of her weight she always has the choice.

I want someone to turn me down because of something that I'm in control over. Something that they disagree with or is my f***ing fault. Holy shit man. This is just so ****ing sick.
    That is what happens, when you care too much about what other people say about you. Live your life for yourself, not to impress others.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    For somebody like you, a person that is unable to move on from his hair loss problem, a hair system is a good solution.
    Thanks cat man.

So many good posts in this thread. Baldozer, do you buzz your head down with a clipper or do you use a razor. Are you sporting any facial hair?

I hate balding just as much as the next guy. I have moments where I get frustrated that I have to deal with this shit and had to since a very young age. But there has to come a time where we all come to grips with the cards we were dealt and just deal with it and stop using it as an excuse to keep us from moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    So many good posts in this thread. Baldozer, do you buzz your head down with a clipper or do you use a razor. Are you sporting any facial hair?

I hate balding just as much as the next guy. I have moments where I get frustrated that I have to deal with this shit and had to since a very young age. But there has to come a time where we all come to grips with the cards we were dealt and just deal with it and stop using it as an excuse to keep us from moving forward.
    Good questions. Actually before my hair turned grey, I let it grow. I looked better that way than with a fully shaved head. Now I just buzz it each week. With short hair, the grey is not so visible. And yes, I keep a goatee, without a mustache. One problem though is that with age I'm gaining a bit of weight. But when I'm slimmer, I look quite good. So, my only concern is to avoid putting fat on my face and body.