+ Reply to Thread

Default Male 28 , is this the end ?

Hello everyone,

First of all i'd like to say that english is not my first language.
    I have been a lurker here for the past year and i have learned a lot from you , hoorey for the internet.
    My hair started to fall out last year (my pubic hair too !!) , i see it everywhere (shower, pillow ,keyboard ...) ,it's really scary and impressive.I also have the itch.
    I got really concerned the first 6 months and went to see my gp , she told i'm loosing it because of my diet (which is bad) and because i worked during night time for the past 4 years.
    Needlessly to say i was not convinced.A friend of mine is using Finasteride , he gave a month supply but i quited after 3 weeks because of the sides effects (no libido , chest pain and the worst part for me : strange dizziness and i felt tired most of the time).
    10 days later i was myself again (thank god).
    I still have a lot of hair but less than a year ago i know that for sure;It seems that i have diffuse thinning , my hairline still looks good but overall my hair is less full and doesnt look the way it used to.
    Family history : everyone is bald on my mother side of the family but it started earlier for them (bald at 30-35), my father is 60 NW2 and i have the exact same hair as him when he was 28.

My question is : do i have too much hair at 28 to be bald in 10 years or a man who start to bald in his late 20's with really good hair the beginning is screwed too ?
    I took a few pictures with my webcam so the quality is bad.

To conclude let's say that i'm very happy that this shit started after i turned 25 , i would have been devastated if it hited me at 20.
    I don't really mind about the ladies , when you hit 30 it's sucks to bald but it's fairly common , to me the really hard part is that i'm being robbed of my identy , now i'm okay but if one day i look in the mirror and see someone else ... jeez i dont want to think about it.

Thanks for reading me and have a great day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	34987   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	34988   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	34989   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	34990   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	34991  

It looks to me that you have really good hair and nothing major to really worry about right now. Seems like good density and a relatively straight hairline and those are not signs of MPB. It is normal in the hair growth cycle to shed up to 100 hairs a day and have them grow back. your hair is long so the shed would be more noticeable but nothing out of the ordinary. Keep a watch on it and visit a dermatologist or hair surgeon for a good diagnostic if you start seeing worse. For now though, just enjoy the hair and life.

Thank you very much for your reply,
    I know you are right and that i should just shut the hell up and go on with my life.I realize that i'm one of the lucky one when i see my friends or guys in the street. This shit is everywhere even in teenagers.I can't imagine the pain when you are still a "kid" , u don't even know yourself yet ...
    To me some of you guys are ****ing heroes , dealing with this at such a young age (before 25) must be horrible.
    I didnt notice any shedding for 27 years but since last year it is night and day (loosing more than 100 hairs in the shower , i just close my eyes when i shampoo now so it doesnt drive me nuts).
    I know that science will solve this one day , and even if i dont end up bald it will be a good day.

Thanks again

You look to have great thick hair and it doesn't look like you are balding to me! As we get older hairlines 'mature' this is not balding.

I hope you are right , i didnt think we were supposed to shed that much during the maturation of the hairline.

Im in late 20s and fully bald Norwood 7. This is your beginning...You have a chance to live without low self esteem like me. Be happy.

Holy molly , i hope things will get better for you. It's amazing how nobody gives a damn about this condition , people even laught about it.My cousin who was completly bald in his late 20's never fully recovered mentally but some guys get crazy on the onset of the condition and don't rly care when it's over(source : bald guys in their 40's or 50's).
    Stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by pepperbald View Post
    It's amazing how nobody gives a damn about this condition
    Most other men with full heads of hair don't ever want us to get cured. A lot of the time, it's their only advantage over us, but still, it's a pretty big advantage. Some researchers just want to cash in on a cure, while other researchers (Christiano, Lauster) actually suffer from hair loss themselves and know what it's like. For the most part though, no one gives a shit about us, a bald man is invisible in today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Most other men with full heads of hair don't ever want us to get cured. A lot of the time, it's their only advantage over us, but still, it's a pretty big advantage. Some researchers just want to cash in on a cure, while other researchers (Christiano, Lauster) actually suffer from hair loss themselves and know what it's like. For the most part though, no one gives a shit about us, a bald man is invisible in today's society.
    Well said bro, couldn't agree more!

Most other men with full heads of hair don't ever want us to get cured
    I think they just don't care.Sure they are some assholes who just want others people too feel bad but nobody likes assholes so i'm pretty sure they lose in the end.

My pictures are rly crappy i dont even know why i posted them.I actually know that i'm loosing my hair(balding , bad diet/lifestyle , mature hairline i dont know) my hairline is clearly thinning above the temple since the shedding started and overall my density and hair quality is lower than last year.

So from your personal experience, when do you think a guy who start to bald in his late 20's go from nw1 to 7 (if it is his pattern of loss).
    I'd say 10 years most of the time ,5 if he is unlucky and 15+ if he is lucky.Does it seems accurate ?