+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    For some reason, it is acceptable to be upset about alopecia, because that's a 'condition', whereas MPB is seen as 'natural', so you should just 'accept it'.
    Many people (falsely) don't see it as a trait any different to having, for example, a big nose, or large ears.

To these people you should educate them that the medical term for 'baldness' is Androgenic alopecia.

Why isn't MPB classified as an autoimmune disease ? Your own body is attacking itself killing an organ (hair follicle).

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Why isn't MPB classified as an autoimmune disease ? Your own body is attacking itself killing an organ (hair follicle).
    Positional Good theory. Look into it.

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/2014/...1/?ref=fblcm#1

Here is a slideshow for you hell hahaha its about a rather famous football/soccer player here in Italy. its in italian, but you will understand whats about

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Cause then We could go to our Insurance Company and Get them to help pay for Hair transplant Surgery to help defeat the Disease....??

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    http://www.repubblica.it/sport/2014/...1/?ref=fblcm#1

Here is a slideshow for you hell hahaha its about a rather famous football/soccer player here in Italy. its in italian, but you will understand whats about
    People make fun of combovers/toupees/hiding tricks because they are totally ridiculous and at times actually hilarious (as in gervinhos case). If he just shaved his dome no one would think twice, black men look great with shaved heads, you can't even tell if they are bald or not. Never understood why some black guys care about hair loss. Just look at tupac, he was like 23 and balding and looked ****in badass and handsome at once. And if you base your life goals and self worth on soccer culture then you're really screwed- such a shallow world. Even in that world though there are plenty of successful and respected baldies, and those are all relatively young guys.

I personally think anyone even the coolest black guy would look better with a thick nw 1 mop of hair. Im sorry I just never see the attractiveness of being bald verse having hair. Its not like you cant shave hair down and look bald if you want but then its your option. Maybe that just my view for having such nice hair for so long and seeing the advantages of it
    I guess people dont watch simpsons where homer gets his hair back or seinfeld where george got his hair or elaine talking about how important tony hair is to a girl. There is truth to it even though they are pretend shows. How many bald bachelor stars have been on that show? Its not coincidence but hey lets point out more random men that look decent bald because it aint changing my mind

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I personally think anyone even the coolest black guy would look better with a thick nw 1 mop of hair. Im sorry I just never see the attractiveness of being bald verse having hair. Its not like you cant shave hair down and look bald if you want but then its your option. Maybe that just my view for having such nice hair for so long and seeing the advantages of it
    I guess people dont watch simpsons where homer gets his hair back or seinfeld where george got his hair or elaine talking about how important tony hair is to a girl. There is truth to it even though they are pretend shows. How many bald bachelor stars have been on that show? Its not coincidence but hey lets point out more random men that look decent bald because it aint changing my mind
    I think hair pretty much always is better to have than not too. The point is that it's not such a bad thing to lose hair, especially for black men, because you can barely tell. I might not be jumping for joy if I was black and balding, but i certainly wouldn't give it a second's worry. Seinfeld was written by a neurotic, not so handsome bald guy who is self conscious. The vast majority of women I know would say that hair does not matter to them at all. Some even prefer bald guys. Women like weird looking men, I'm 32 and that becomes more clear to me every day. My best girlfriend is gorgeous and is googly eyed about a not so good looking dude that has the worst hair I've ever seen. Two of my exes are with totally bald guys. The only thing women care about past the age of 26 is if you can show them a good time or not and if you can be a stable and reliable mate.

As for white bald dudes, I do think some guys like bruce willis or patrick stewart probably look more interesting and unique bald. They might not be as handsome in the standard and culturally ingrained way, but sometimes interesting and unique is better than pretty, especially for men. My main problem with balding is that I like what hair does for me in practical ways (i.e. sun protection and sweat absorption), plus balding itches and that blows. The vanity stuff is hard if you're in your teens or twenties, but after that really its not that big an issue, it might not be what you wished for but there are millions of far worse things to endure, and the measure of a man isn't how he looks, its how he deals with adversity. There is lasting beauty in imperfection and strength of character.

And seriously, the bachelor? How many non-idiot people do you see on that show? If being like the people on the bachelor is what you're aiming for then god help you. The kind of men and women on that show are exactly what I don't want to be like. TV is fantasy bullshit land, and they don't take risks. They used to not show black people on TV, that doesn't mean that black people aren't beautiful and interesting. Life sucks, everyone suffers, and the true judgement of character is how you face it.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Many people (falsely) don't see it as a trait any different to having, for example, a big nose, or large ears.

To these people you should educate them that the medical term for 'baldness' is Androgenic alopecia.
    It amazes me how many people don't know that MPB is also a form of Alopecia, including doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I think hair pretty much always is better to have than not too. The point is that it's not such a bad thing to lose hair, especially for black men, because you can barely tell. I might not be jumping for joy if I was black and balding, but i certainly wouldn't give it a second's worry. Seinfeld was written by a neurotic, not so handsome bald guy who is self conscious. The vast majority of women I know would say that hair does not matter to them at all. Some even prefer bald guys. Women like weird looking men, I'm 32 and that becomes more clear to me every day. My best girlfriend is gorgeous and is googly eyed about a not so good looking dude that has the worst hair I've ever seen. Two of my exes are with totally bald guys. The only thing women care about past the age of 26 is if you can show them a good time or not and if you can be a stable and reliable mate.

As for white bald dudes, I do think some guys like bruce willis or patrick stewart probably look more interesting and unique bald. They might not be as handsome in the standard and culturally ingrained way, but sometimes interesting and unique is better than pretty, especially for men. My main problem with balding is that I like what hair does for me in practical ways (i.e. sun protection and sweat absorption), plus balding itches and that blows. The vanity stuff is hard if you're in your teens or twenties, but after that really its not that big an issue, it might not be what you wished for but there are millions of far worse things to endure, and the measure of a man isn't how he looks, its how he deals with adversity. There is lasting beauty in imperfection and strength of character.

And seriously, the bachelor? How many non-idiot people do you see on that show? If being like the people on the bachelor is what you're aiming for then god help you. The kind of men and women on that show are exactly what I don't want to be like. TV is fantasy bullshit land, and they don't take risks. They used to not show black people on TV, that doesn't mean that black people aren't beautiful and interesting. Life sucks, everyone suffers, and the true judgement of character is how you face it.
    Post of the year^^^