+ Reply to Thread

Default First successful hair cloning experiment was done in 1970!

Would you believe it? And still we don't have a proper solution that works on humans. All such companies showed promise initially but closed their shops later on, the latest being Aderans. What is going on? Are these rich pharmacy companies selling products such as Propecia and Minoxidil bribing these companies out or what? 44 years is a hell a lot of time for someone to have figured that out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cloning

Hair cloning was first proven to be a working and successful process in 1970 in a study that was performed on rats. Scientists were able to demonstrate the technique on the animals and reproduce healthy hair in bald areas, but in the case of humans little progress has been made since then. There are a large number of companies and institutions which dealt with the process and tried to correct the flaws or are in the process of perfecting it at the moment.

One of the main problems is that after extraction and culturing, cloned dermal papille seems to lose its ability to grow hair. Another is that researchers are yet to come up with a truly efficient multiplying method, as they look to produce up to 1000 cloned cells from one extracted from the scalp but current methods are capable of only a fraction of this.

I just call it incompetence.

That's interesting. I would be tempted to get angry and throw names at scientists, but let's try to be technical:
    - Hair loss research industry is (and much likely was) a hit-or-miss game. There is a thread some months ago where we discussed that. From a business perspective, there is considerable risk involved.
    - Society as a whole got accustomed to baldness and varying degrees of hair loss, both in men and women. Therefore not everyone is able to grasp the gigantic money flow a real cure would be able to gather.
    - Hair loss remedies has been proved to be mostly scams. Even for a legitimate business, there would be some degree of understandable skepticism.

That's the first things I can think of.
    I would conclude saying my deep conviction: I think hair loss is treated one follicle at a time, Reaching the inside of each follicle, some kind of near-future technolgy will be able to revert its genetic expression. But it seems that this is exactly what no therapy has yet addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    That's interesting. I would be tempted to get angry and throw names at scientists, but let's try to be technical:
    - Hair loss research industry is (and much likely was) a hit-or-miss game. There is a thread some months ago where we discussed that. From a business perspective, there is considerable risk involved.
    - Society as a whole got accustomed to baldness and varying degrees of hair loss, both in men and women. Therefore not everyone is able to grasp the gigantic money flow a real cure would be able to gather.
    - Hair loss remedies has been proved to be mostly scams. Even for a legitimate business, there would be some degree of understandable skepticism.

That's the first things I can think of.
    I would conclude saying my deep conviction: I think hair loss is treated one follicle at a time, Reaching the inside of each follicle, some kind of near-future technolgy will be able to revert its genetic expression. But it seems that this is exactly what no therapy has yet addressed.
    Definitely false. If society got accustomed to it, we wouldnt feel the need to fix our plight THANKS TO society's ridicule against us.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Would you believe it?
    It is really unbelievable. It proves that, for some reason, an gigantic loss of focus and/or motivation took place.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Definitely false. If society got accustomed to it, we wouldnt feel the need to fix our plight THANKS TO society's ridicule against us.
    Formally correct, but "society" and "we" are not the same people. To my understanding, historically society has been concerned about ways to cope with baldness rather than ways to cure it, due to a lack of technological advances/funds shortage/incompetence/other interests. Society as a whole (and it hurts me too, believe me) is quite OK with baldness. Read those stupid tabloid articles always mocking us. For the unaffected, it's just "one of those things"..a fatalistic approach.

I don't care about these stem cell/cloning researches. These are more academic studies. What pisses me off is companies like Cosmo who has a fn' product on their hand but won't release it. And they chose to release a acne product first instead and push the release back to 4 years later. If CB worked with NO REGROWTH AT ALL but halted hair loss, this would have been an enough improvement for millions of hair loss sufferers across the world. Freakig bullsh*t