+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regrets

Default Regrets

Hi
    I am very new to this forum and considering a transplant but I'm very anxious about it.
    I've been fighting MPB (Propecia + Minoxidil) for the last 4 years.
    I have done quite a lot of research and narrowed down a list of Doctors.

What I really want to know if there are any users here who had a transplant about 10 years ago and how things are looking for them? I will be glad to hear from both FUT and FUE patients.

There are a lot of examples uploaded by clinics and patients here. I find it very difficult to compare these 'results' as there is no set standard in terms of the angles and lighting these pictures are taken. Very frustrating.

Thanks is advance.

Good "question"... Been looking for pictures years after procedures myself, but no luck.. I figured most people just go about their lives after having it done. I would also like to hear from the veterans..

Quote Originally Posted by balding1983 View Post
    Hi
    I am very new to this forum and considering a transplant but I'm very anxious about it.
    I've been fighting MPB (Propecia + Minoxidil) for the last 4 years.
    I have done quite a lot of research and narrowed down a list of Doctors.

What I really want to know if there are any users here who had a transplant about 10 years ago and how things are looking for them? I will be glad to hear from both FUT and FUE patients.

There are a lot of examples uploaded by clinics and patients here. I find it very difficult to compare these 'results' as there is no set standard in terms of the angles and lighting these pictures are taken. Very frustrating.

Thanks is advance.
    HTs most of the time look horrible. Even if they work, the difference is not that noticeable. One of my friend had an HT, and he still looks pretty much bald.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    HTs most of the time look horrible. Even if they work, the difference is not that noticeable. One of my friend had an HT, and he still looks pretty much bald.
    Well I would have to disagree. Results do vary, but reputable surgeons can create natural results IMO..

I see from your other posts that you don't get why people obsess about balding, and that you're a big advocate of just being bald and proud. Makes me wonder what you're doing on these boards if you're so fine with losing your hair...

Had 1 about 12 years ago
    I now buzz my hair to 1 .5 guard
    I one of the fortunate one's where the scar isn't that noticeable unless you know what you are looking for
    It looks OK when it's first done but IMO, the issue with HT's is that as you age , you keep losing more hair , so if you want to maintain the density etc you need to go back and get it done again , and sometimes again and again until you've exhausted all your donor hair.
    That's my thoughts .

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    Well I would have to disagree. Results do vary, but reputable surgeons can create natural results IMO..

I see from your other posts that you don't get why people obsess about balding, and that you're a big advocate of just being bald and proud. Makes me wonder what you're doing on these boards if you're so fine with losing your hair...
    I just think that baldness does not change your looks so drastically that you need to spend so much time, effort, money and risk severe side effects to cure it. Bald head = masculine and intimidating, which is a good thing IMO. We men are not girls who need to look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    Exactly. Something tells me he isn't as happy as he would try to make us believe. Seems more bitter than anything that his hair loss is beyond treatment. I get the frustration. I am not a NW7, but my hair loss is pretty bad and I wish we had better treatments options. The options we do have are not as bad as some try to make it seem. They aren't the best but there are treatments or hair pieces available if you don't want to walk around bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Exactly. Something tells me he isn't as happy as he would try to make us believe. Seems more bitter than anything that his hair loss is beyond treatment. I get the frustration. I am not a NW7, but my hair loss is pretty bad and I wish we had better treatments options. The options we do have are not as bad as some try to make it seem. They aren't the best but there are treatments or hair pieces available if you don't want to walk around bald.
    I don't need to be bitter, as I'm already married. There are far more important things for me to worry than a thing as useless as hair. Its pathetic how much you guys worry about your hair.

I just think that baldness does not change your looks so drastically that you need to spend so much time, effort, money and risk severe side effects to cure it. Bald head = masculine and intimidating, which is a good thing IMO. We men are not girls who need to look pretty.
    This only applies for very few guys. Bald just makes a huge difference. Take the guy in your avatar as an example. Take away the shadow on the top of his head and make it shiny and slick and he doesn't look as good.

I don't need to be bitter, as I'm already married. There are far more important things for me to worry than a thing as useless as hair. Its pathetic how much you guys worry about your hair.
    I don't think worrying about your looks or taking pride in your appearance is pathetic at all. I am also in a long term relationship so I am not treating my hair loss to pick up women. I am doing what I need to do to try to look my best, which also includes working out and eating right. What is pathetic is giving up on your looks in your 20's just because you are married.