Realized my depression has lot more causes than with just being Norwood 7.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illusion
    • Jul 2014

Focus on the things you can control instead of the things you cannot control. This is by no means easy but, if you want to live a happy life, it is very important to implement this in your way of viewing the world and your own life. Because I don't even have half the life experience most of the people on this forum have, I can't really comment on too many things I'm afraid. However, I totally feel you considering #6. I've been depressed for a couple of years now but I'm trying to focus more and more at the things I can control which is really helping me. I also take a step back more often to evaluate things as I often think about the worst possible scenarios.

Do you have any hobbies? Because starting to practice a hobby is a great way to feel better about yourself and make new friends at the same time. For example, maybe you really like playing chess (join a chess club), practicing a certain sport (join a sport club) or reading books (join a book club). I know this advice sounds very child-like but this can massively improve your quality of life (quality of life as in how happy you are).

Last but not least, consider going to a psychologist. But, and I really want you to take this advice to heart, find a psychologist that you feel very comfortable around. I just can't stress this enough. Otherwise you're treatment could very possibly end up being marginally effective while it could have been a great experience overall. If you don't think it's going to work with a psychologist after you guys had your first appointment, just be honest about it. If you don't want to say it into his/her face, then send an email to him/her.

Also, it might be convenient for you to get a psychologist who is also a women as you appear to struggle the most with that area. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but she might give you some slightly better insights about the whole situation with women. I might be wrong on this though.

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Thank you all kind souls for your advice...Much insight given...

I have signed up for a Law of Attraction seminar which guarantees improvements to attitude and direction in Life.

Comment

• James7
        • Oct 2013

Hi FlightTL and cat people lol

FlightTL, I really like your list, well done This is a great start.

I think your first main goal should be to get that job with a few more hours like you said.
        You said you liked data entry or office work, and that is totally fine.
        Many people work average jobs, with average wages and there is nothing wrong with that, the goal here is to just get a little bit of money together.
        So you can spend your money on yourself and your girlfriend when you meet her.
        (you don't have to be a millionaire or even rich to meet someone, just get a little money to move on with your life).

Maybe go for 20 hours a week, or full-time if you want to. It's up to you.

I'm guessing you are in USA. So according to the internet, it tells me the minimum wage there is $7.25/hour.
        So at 20 hours a week, that's about $500 a month. And full-time around $1000 a month.

So I would say the first thing to start saving up for, is date money.
        Go out and buy yourself a new shirt or something that you might go on a date with.

You will feel better about yourself and also at the same time, you'll be more prepared with another outfit to go on dates wearing.

Try to save up, I dunno, $200-$300 might be good, that you can keep aside, to pay for going on a few dates with girls.
        You never know when that might happen, and you know a meal for two might cost $40, or cinema tickets might be $20, you see?

Don't worry about a career or other stuff right now, just do this.

So I'd say, get yourself a little plan:

1.) get some more hours at work, or find a job with a some more hours
        2.) save up some cash
        3.) keep on exercising, working on that physique

small achievable goals, go for it

Comment

• x4342
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by baldozer
          Having money is great indeed, but don't try to be rich to get women. If a woman wants to be you for your money, its primarily because she is attracted to your money, rather than you. She would probably also cheat on you with a great looking but poor guy.
          I agree that one shouldn't be thinking along the lines of getting rich to get a gold digger. I was speaking more of general control and confidence that will improve someone's life with women as well as their relationships with people in general. Money brings a feeling of confidence and control that is difficult to replicate. It will improve someone's confidence in dealing with women but also dealing with men in social situations. My mother's side of the family is full of bald guys who are extremely confident and successful. Ideally, I think they'd like their hair back but they are too busy kicking ass in life to have the time to think about it. A guy living in his mother's basement is far more likely to obsess over this hair loss because he already feels powerless to begin with.

Comment

Working...