+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    1. Only options are: Shave/buzz, transplant, hairpiece. It sucks, but you have to pick one and live with it and move forward. Walking around depressed about something you have no control over isn't going to make you feel any better.

2. Find a better job. If you can't find any in your town then move.

3. You have mentioned this girl before in another thread. Isn't she the one that ended up blowing 7(one for each of your norwoods) guys in one night or something like that? Don't get emotionally hung up on women that aren't yours.

4. Time to grow up. At least get yourself some training to make decent money and you can think about a career. But you are getting up there in age. You need to decide what you want to do with your life. It isn't easy to find a quality woman if you don't have your shit together, even if you have hair.

5. Move and deal with it.

6. Most of this you are doing to yourself.
    I bought a big container of Muscletech Celltech and Muscletech Nitrotech today....I'm just gona get big....If I'm Norwood 7, I'm atleast gona make some heads turn with my arms and chest...

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I have no motivation to do anything other than data entry or receptionist...
    Well you gotta get motivated. Money will open many doors. You can't just complain about life, then refuse to do anything to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Well you gotta get motivated. Money will open many doors. You can't just complain about life, then refuse to do anything to make it better.
    Notcoolanymore...you are slowly turning into my best friend...you give great advice!

Love you cat man...

I totally agree on the money issue. I"m not trying to sound overly superficial but it really, really matters. We talk about focusing on things you can control and that's why people recommend working out. Making money will really, really improve your confidence. You can be old and bald, but if you're rich you will gain an incredible control over your life. A lot of people talk about "control" in life and how important it is. Losing your hair sucks and bothers people because they have limited control over it and in most cases no real control at all once it's gone. Improving your economic situation will give you an incredible boost in self esteem and a feeling of control. There are plenty of good looking guys who struggle with women because eventually they have to tell them "yeah, so, I live in my mom's basement."

I know it's easier said than done but it's more likely that you'll be able to improve your economic situation in the next three years than it is that you'll get your hair back in the next three years. Focus that energy on something that can actually be accomplished right now. The hair will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    I totally agree on the money issue. I"m not trying to sound overly superficial but it really, really matters. We talk about focusing on things you can control and that's why people recommend working out. Making money will really, really improve your confidence. You can be old and bald, but if you're rich you will gain an incredible control over your life. A lot of people talk about "control" in life and how important it is. Losing your hair sucks and bothers people because they have limited control over it and in most cases no real control at all once it's gone. Improving your economic situation will give you an incredible boost in self esteem and a feeling of control. There are plenty of good looking guys who struggle with women because eventually they have to tell them "yeah, so, I live in my mom's basement."

I know it's easier said than done but it's more likely that you'll be able to improve your economic situation in the next three years than it is that you'll get your hair back in the next three years. Focus that energy on something that can actually be accomplished right now. The hair will come later.
    Having money is great indeed, but don't try to be rich to get women. If a woman wants to be you for your money, its primarily because she is attracted to your money, rather than you. She would probably also cheat on you with a great looking but poor guy.

Focus on the things you can control instead of the things you cannot control. This is by no means easy but, if you want to live a happy life, it is very important to implement this in your way of viewing the world and your own life. Because I don't even have half the life experience most of the people on this forum have, I can't really comment on too many things I'm afraid. However, I totally feel you considering #6. I've been depressed for a couple of years now but I'm trying to focus more and more at the things I can control which is really helping me. I also take a step back more often to evaluate things as I often think about the worst possible scenarios.

Do you have any hobbies? Because starting to practice a hobby is a great way to feel better about yourself and make new friends at the same time. For example, maybe you really like playing chess (join a chess club), practicing a certain sport (join a sport club) or reading books (join a book club). I know this advice sounds very child-like but this can massively improve your quality of life (quality of life as in how happy you are).

Last but not least, consider going to a psychologist. But, and I really want you to take this advice to heart, find a psychologist that you feel very comfortable around. I just can't stress this enough. Otherwise you're treatment could very possibly end up being marginally effective while it could have been a great experience overall. If you don't think it's going to work with a psychologist after you guys had your first appointment, just be honest about it. If you don't want to say it into his/her face, then send an email to him/her.

Also, it might be convenient for you to get a psychologist who is also a women as you appear to struggle the most with that area. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but she might give you some slightly better insights about the whole situation with women. I might be wrong on this though.

Thank you all kind souls for your advice...Much insight given...

I have signed up for a Law of Attraction seminar which guarantees improvements to attitude and direction in Life.

Hi FlightTL and cat people lol

FlightTL, I really like your list, well done This is a great start.

I think your first main goal should be to get that job with a few more hours like you said.
    You said you liked data entry or office work, and that is totally fine.
    Many people work average jobs, with average wages and there is nothing wrong with that, the goal here is to just get a little bit of money together.
    So you can spend your money on yourself and your girlfriend when you meet her.
    (you don't have to be a millionaire or even rich to meet someone, just get a little money to move on with your life).

Maybe go for 20 hours a week, or full-time if you want to. It's up to you.

I'm guessing you are in USA. So according to the internet, it tells me the minimum wage there is $7.25/hour.
    So at 20 hours a week, that's about $500 a month. And full-time around $1000 a month.

So I would say the first thing to start saving up for, is date money.
    Go out and buy yourself a new shirt or something that you might go on a date with.

You will feel better about yourself and also at the same time, you'll be more prepared with another outfit to go on dates wearing.

Try to save up, I dunno, $200-$300 might be good, that you can keep aside, to pay for going on a few dates with girls.
    You never know when that might happen, and you know a meal for two might cost $40, or cinema tickets might be $20, you see?

Don't worry about a career or other stuff right now, just do this.

So I'd say, get yourself a little plan:

1.) get some more hours at work, or find a job with a some more hours
    2.) save up some cash
    3.) keep on exercising, working on that physique

small achievable goals, go for it

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Having money is great indeed, but don't try to be rich to get women. If a woman wants to be you for your money, its primarily because she is attracted to your money, rather than you. She would probably also cheat on you with a great looking but poor guy.
    I agree that one shouldn't be thinking along the lines of getting rich to get a gold digger. I was speaking more of general control and confidence that will improve someone's life with women as well as their relationships with people in general. Money brings a feeling of confidence and control that is difficult to replicate. It will improve someone's confidence in dealing with women but also dealing with men in social situations. My mother's side of the family is full of bald guys who are extremely confident and successful. Ideally, I think they'd like their hair back but they are too busy kicking ass in life to have the time to think about it. A guy living in his mother's basement is far more likely to obsess over this hair loss because he already feels powerless to begin with.