+ Reply to Thread

Default Very Pleased with Hair Transplant- Northern Virginia

I am a 40 year male physician who noticed gradual hair loss in my mid 20s. Intially the slight receding of hairline but became more prominent with the years and also loss of hair density in the crown region. I tried over the counter Rogaine products for years and even placed myself on Propecia. There was some modest improvement but nothing ecstatic.

Being a physician, I was well aware of hair transplant procedure and had always been on the back of my mind. As the years progressed, I became less and less satisfied with my hair situation...vain isn't it. So I started to investigate hair transplant surgeons. I did my google searches for the mega institutions like Bosley and knew a few facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons that did this procedure.

In the end, I decided to have my hair transplant at NOVA Hair Center in McLean Virginia (northern virginia near DC) by Dr William Lindsey. I have known him for more than 10 years and did some of medical training under him and was well aware of his excellent work. I reviewed his website and spoke to him on the telephone and sent some head and hairshots via internet. By the time I decided to do this, I had relocated to Guam to pursue medical practice there.

I flew in to DC visited some family and had the procedure done. I stayed for another two weeks mainly to visit friends and family and flew out.

The procedure was essentially painless. There were only 6-7 sharp prick sensation on back of scalp and top of head when local anesthesia was being injected. Rest was pretty easy. I was taking photos with my iphone, texting and emailing during the procedure. I did need some pain medicine on the first two nights to sleep and my face did get swollen as expected on day 3 and 4 but day 5 much improved and at a week totally normal. On my followup, my hair grafts look great and feeling very pleased with my decision.

I have been very pleased with the technical side of surgery and the general approach that Dr Lindsey and his staff provided during this procedure. If you have arrived at the decision to have surgical procedure, I recommend Dr Lindsey and his NOVA Hair Center without any reservation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1r.jpg

Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	34745   Click image for larger version

Name:	2r.jpg

Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	34746   Click image for larger version

Name:	4r.jpg

Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	34747   Click image for larger version

Name:	6r.jpg

Size:	47.8 KB