+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question What is there to look forward too?

Title pretty much explains it all. What are the things to look forward to right now? It seems like there isn't much going on atm. The only things that I hear about are:

- Pilofocus
    - HSC
    - Replicel

If someone could explain to me and the people who are interested, what is the current situation?

Pilofocus- starting another 6 month phase of testing to workout possible donor regeneration. We will hopefully see this available within the next 12-16 months.

Replicel- starting phase II trials at the end of the year, the results will come out early 2016 and the procedure, if successful, will be available a year to a year and a half after that.

Histogen- lack funding, more than likely will never come to fruition.

CB- in phase II proof of concept trial, hopefully have this by 2017-2018.

Topical fin with low systemic technology- up to us to get this done, we could have it as soon as we wanted.

Latisse- in another phase 2 trial to increase efficiency. If it increases, we would see this product in 2016-2017.

PRP- more doctors are having success with PRP, all doctors have different formulas, it's about finding the right one.

Follica- who knows.

Each year we see more promising research come out that is progressing toward a final cure. We are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet.

FTL

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Pilofocus- starting another 6 month phase of testing to workout possible donor regeneration. We will hopefully see this available within the next 12-16 months.
    That is a giant failure for meeting the projected timelines. Pilofocus should have been available a long time ago.

Will Pilofocus be for early set of hair loss, or will it help those with advance hair loss?

Near future? Replicel is nearing its trial end. BIM is done with Phase IIb in about 3 months(Jan).

I believe Histogen is still attempting to get funding.

Other than that its a lot of early theories, theres a lot to be positive about for sure, but more-so in the long term line.

Personally im considering a FUE transplant. I've done a bit of the travelling thing and such and I thought what would make me really happy that I could do next, and it was getting back my hair, so I think i'll saving up some money for that!

Can some one give me a quick summary of Pilofocus and Replicell?

Replicel- starting phase II trials at the end of the year, the results will come out early 2016 and the procedure, if successful, will be available a year to a year and a half after that.

Histogen- lack funding, more than likely will never come to fruition.

CB- in phase II proof of concept trial, hopefully have this by 2017-2018.

Topical fin with low systemic technology- up to us to get this done, we could have it as soon as we wanted.

Latisse- in another phase 2 trial to increase efficiency. If it increases, we would see this product in 2016-2017.

PRP- more doctors are having success with PRP, all doctors have different formulas, it's about finding the right one.

Follica- who knows.

Each year we see more promising research come out that is progressing toward a final cure. We are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet.

FTL
    Thank you FTL, it was very helpful. But sadly not what I had hoped for .

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    Thank you FTL, it was very helpful. But sadly not what I had hoped for .
    There's always the chance that something could pop up out of nowhere as well, for all we know, it could be cured tomorrow.

Furthermore, there are a lot of people working on this that we don't know about, and a lot of advancements that we don't know about. We seem to get news almost a year after things happen.

There's always the chance that something could pop up out of nowhere as well, for all we know, it could be cured tomorrow.

Furthermore, there are a lot of people working on this that we don't know about, and a lot of advancements that we don't know about. We seem to get news almost a year after things happen.
    That would be nice. But yeah I think it is true that there are indeed people working on a cure in secrecy and not telling anyone what they found.

There are things that pop up all the time that no one knew about it or talked about. There are some popular flavors of the month replicel, histagen, and lots of other things fade back into obscurity even though sometimes they keep progressing. Its all just guessing no one knows where anything is really going because most commercial stuff happens in secret so other companies cant steal info