+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How about putting that Wussy-mentality aside for just a moment and having some faith for Christ sake and please stop pulling these kind of timelines out of your a**. You all can't argue that a lot of work is put into the research now. This state of mind you all are in is ridiculous. Nobody owes you a damn thing, but at least stay positive, this is embarrasing. Replicel could work, the AA drugs could work, the Germans could have something, Latisse could come out somehow, CB is underway. If I would working on something I wouldn't tell you guys either about it, all you do is b****ing around. If you are a good looking chap you do not need hair and hair won't make you Brad Pitt. Overcoming hairloss is about self-worth, and selfworth sure begins in your head and not on your head.

My point is the same as yours. Hair doesn't matter, and it's stupid to worry about it because it doesn't matter if cures are being invented- the clinical trial timeline is 15 years long in the states and maybe 10 in europe or japan. These are not numbers anyone pulled from their ass. Look it up. Or research and see how long it took to get any drug to market. My point is that anyone over 25 and already thinning does not have 15 years to wait, balding happens too fast. Sure, an all out cure for NW7s would give you back your hair in 15 years, but those kind of cures have not even started trials yet.

As for replicel and CB etc, they do not sound that promising in the first place, and they still have at least 5 years to go just on paper, look it up! their phase 2 trial alone is 3.5 years long. add the inevitable delays for approval at every stage and 5 years is almost ridiculously optimistic. It doesn't matter if someone invents something miraculous tomorrow, clinical trials make it a moot point for anyone who isn't very young or who has advanced loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    My point is the same as yours. Hair doesn't matter, and it's stupid to worry about it because it doesn't matter if cures are being invented- the clinical trial timeline is 15 years long in the states and maybe 10 in europe or japan. These are not numbers anyone pulled from their ass. Look it up. Or research and see how long it took to get any drug to market. My point is that anyone over 25 and already thinning does not have 15 years to wait, balding happens too fast. Sure, an all out cure for NW7s would give you back your hair in 15 years, but those kind of cures have not even started trials yet.

As for replicel and CB etc, they do not sound that promising in the first place, and they still have at least 5 years to go just on paper, look it up! their phase 2 trial alone is 3.5 years long. add the inevitable delays for approval at every stage and 5 years is almost ridiculously optimistic. It doesn't matter if someone invents something miraculous tomorrow, clinical trials make it a moot point for anyone who isn't very young or who has advanced loss.
    I totally get your point and I partially agree.
    I did my homework and I concluded that maybe drugs take up to 10-15 years, whereas treatments do not require that long in general, plus we have to consider that we talk about own cells and once the safety is assured not too many rodeblocks exist. Of course anything can happen.
    And now a BIG statement: If you are a NW6/7 you should go off these forums, since its healthier. I totally agree that a cure for these guys won't be out by (optimistically speaking) 2024-2028.
    Where I begin to have a problem is when people state that a cure for NW2/3/4/maybe5 is totally out of our reach, since Replicel never confirmed(to my knowledge) that their trial actually will last 36+ months in Germany(they said approximately, even before they made the deal with Shiseido) plus the Shiseido trial begins this year and IF the betaversion of the treatment is already legit, they will release it under the new legislations. Not hating on you, just giving my two cents. I would like if also other people share some thoughts, because it always seems that I try to start arguing with surfin.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post

Each year we see more promising research come out that is progressing toward a final cure. We are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet.

FTL
    Yup!! There really is a lot going on and those who are close aren't going to broadcast any key breakthrough, so hang in there.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Replicel actually officially has it on their website that the trial in germany will last 39 months. I wouldn't bank on shiseido releasing it earlier, its possible, but just saying. If you're under thirty and have very slow loss then it could still be a major thing if it works. but will be very expensive. I wouldn't bank on autologous cell therapies taking a shorter time than 15 years to be released. Replicel is one such therapy and has to go through all the same hoops, if not more.

My whole point isn't that there aren't things in the making. My point is that there are a lot of people banking on the whole 5 years thing, or even ten years, but if you do your homework, you'll see that clinical trials take 15 years ON AVERAGE. That means that any "end of balding by 2020" talk is really uninformed nonsense. They might have a solution on paper at that point, but rationally speaking there will not be a cure on the market within ten year, its simply not possible. A better treatment, possibly, but who really cares if your balding is already well on its way and you can't use fin. For most of us, Gotta get some way to use the stuff we have safely or just pack it in.

Replicel actually officially has it on their website that the trial in germany will last 39 months. I wouldn't bank on shiseido releasing it earlier, its possible, but just saying. If you're under thirty and have very slow loss then it could still be a major thing if it works. but will be very expensive. I wouldn't bank on autologous cell therapies taking a shorter time than 15 years to be released. Replicel is one such therapy and has to go through all the same hoops, if not more.
    Ah okay, I did not see that. I am just confused why they said data would be out after ~12 months. Yes but 15 years of trials are only right if and only if you consider phase 0 as an actual trial. Replicel worked around 10 years on phase 0 to create a treatment. e.g Follica did not work that long on their treatment and finished the phase 2 in ~1 year(okay they failed, but thats their fault). Its all relative, I am just saying you can't say treatment/drug X will be Y many years in the making, this is not how the business works.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    I totally get your point and I partially agree.
    I did my homework and I concluded that maybe drugs take up to 10-15 years, whereas treatments do not require that long in general, plus we have to consider that we talk about own cells and once the safety is assured not too many rodeblocks exist. Of course anything can happen.
    And now a BIG statement: If you are a NW6/7 you should go off these forums, since its healthier. I totally agree that a cure for these guys won't be out by (optimistically speaking) 2024-2028.
    Where I begin to have a problem is when people state that a cure for NW2/3/4/maybe5 is totally out of our reach, since Replicel never confirmed(to my knowledge) that their trial actually will last 36+ months in Germany(they said approximately, even before they made the deal with Shiseido) plus the Shiseido trial begins this year and IF the betaversion of the treatment is already legit, they will release it under the new legislations. Not hating on you, just giving my two cents. I would like if also other people share some thoughts, because it always seems that I try to start arguing with surfin.
    Quite agree.
    PS even if we fail and lose it all, think about the next generations. I know I will be glad to give my tiny contribution to a discovery in the right direction. Think about your childrens, Maybe they won't have to worry about genetic hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Quite agree.
    PS even if we fail and lose it all, think about the next generations. I know I will be glad to give my tiny contribution to a discovery in the right direction. Think about your childrens, Maybe they won't have to worry about genetic hair loss.
    What Children? Im not going to have any without my lions mane :') maybe with some cheap thai hooker..

**** the future generations.

My whole point isn't that there aren't things in the making. My point is that there are a lot of people banking on the whole 5 years thing, or even ten years, but if you do your homework, you'll see that clinical trials take 15 years ON AVERAGE. That means that any "end of balding by 2020" talk is really uninformed nonsense. They might have a solution on paper at that point, but rationally speaking there will not be a cure on the market within ten year, its simply not possible. A better treatment, possibly, but who really cares if your balding is already well on its way and you can't use fin. For most of us, Gotta get some way to use the stuff we have safely or just pack it in.

Ok then dude why don't you just stop whining, accept your fate, and go away? Why do you come here - to cry?