+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

With CB they say an IND is planned in H1 2014 but arent we already past that date? Are they just behind or they never updated the web page?

An IND was granted in the US for CB-03-01 for acne in Q1 2012. Phase II dose escalating clinical trials were initiated in the US in H2 2012 and are scheduled to be completed in H1 2014. An IND is planned to be filed for alopecia in H1 2014.

There's a trial of a sodium chloride or something similar going on in HLH. A chinese guy has sent out samples to over 40 people and says he already has good results from people in China. In a couple of months, that should clear up whether it's any good or not.

Other than that, there is a possibility of findig alternative delivery systems for current topicals such as Fin, Dut, CB, Ru, through new vehicles or devices such as iontophoresis. This will eliminate systematic side effects of those drugs and increase their efficiency. This is, for me, what I have my hopes on.

Yeah anything that can be done topically and happen anytime soon before CB would be a good thing. I mean if dut could work topically with minimal systemic absorption that would nearly stop MPB alone so there are options for the chemicals but someone has to get the vehicle and its hard without any proof or androgen level testing to show it doesnt go systemic. I dont really believe joe coming in here and telling me he cant get it up or his nipples hurt I just dont believe stories as facts

A topical dut would be amazing right now

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Pilofocus- starting another 6 month phase of testing to workout possible donor regeneration. We will hopefully see this available within the next 12-16 months.

Replicel- starting phase II trials at the end of the year, the results will come out early 2016 and the procedure, if successful, will be available a year to a year and a half after that.

Histogen- lack funding, more than likely will never come to fruition.

CB- in phase II proof of concept trial, hopefully have this by 2017-2018.

Topical fin with low systemic technology- up to us to get this done, we could have it as soon as we wanted.

Latisse- in another phase 2 trial to increase efficiency. If it increases, we would see this product in 2016-2017.

PRP- more doctors are having success with PRP, all doctors have different formulas, it's about finding the right one.

Follica- who knows.

Each year we see more promising research come out that is progressing toward a final cure. We are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet.

FTL
    Great summary. I have posted on this before in its own thread, but would just like to add that anyone interested in the potential for Latisse/Bimatoprost for hair should be concerned about and following Allergan's attempts to fend off Valeant/William Ackman's hostile bid to take control of the company. I will not reargue why it would be a negative development for the future of this potential treatment if Allergan is taken over (see my earlier thread for evidence, arguments, and citations), but for all those concerned or interested, there is a shareholder vote on Dec. 18th that will most likely provide the ultimate conclusion to the battle (it could be more or less decided earlier if Allergan makes a defensive acquisition of another company, engages in a stock buyback, or if the Treasury Department passes significant regulations limiting the profitability of tax inversions).

Assholes dgaf about men hair loss sufferers were nothing but clowns to the public

Pilofocus- starting another 6 month phase of testing to workout possible donor regeneration. We will hopefully see this available within the next 12-16 months.

Replicel- starting phase II trials at the end of the year, the results will come out early 2016 and the procedure, if successful, will be available a year to a year and a half after that.
    As far as I can see, Replicel is quite active ATM on Twitter, the solution it proposes aims (also) at de-miniaturize shrunken follicles, and Shiseido signed a contract with Replicel. So at the moment I'd bet on it.

Histogen- lack funding, more than likely will never come to fruition.

CB- in phase II proof of concept trial, hopefully have this by 2017-2018.

Topical fin with low systemic technology- up to us to get this done, we could have it as soon as we wanted.
    New topical antiandrogens will be good at blocking further DHT activity, but they are not able to revert any level of minaiturization. True or false guys? Sorry if I already asked maybe. Thanks to anyone answering.

Latisse- in another phase 2 trial to increase efficiency. If it increases, we would see this product in 2016-2017.

PRP- more doctors are having success with PRP, all doctors have different formulas, it's about finding the right one.

Follica- who knows.

Each year we see more promising research come out that is progressing toward a final cure. We are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet.

FTL
    Thanks FTL for the recap!!

There's nothing to look forward to. It's the same old crap day after day. Let's be real here folks, the science isn't there. Not a single human being on this planet has grown a terminal hair follicle. Aderans folded like a year or whatever before their launch date, Histogen comes up with a kick ass solution and no one funds them, so their revolutionary treatment gets shelved, no one hears from them again.

Oh, and then the useless posts about new discoveries and cool stem cell treatments that will never touch this generation. I used to come on here every morning and night, waiting endlessly for this terrible dream to be over. I've accepted my fate that help isn't on the way. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Go on *** and check out the new technology section, it has over 70 pages that date back to the early 2000's talking about hair multiplication being released in just 5 years LOL.

I strongly suggest you guys don't hold your breath, it's a clear indication that no one cares to help us when you have companies like Histogen that have a state of the art treatment ready to be marketed and no one bothers to fund them. CLEAR indication that even if something was found, the chance that it would even make it to the market is LOW. The reality is that nothing has come out in the past 15 years since Finasteride. Not a SINGLE thing (besides the thousands of scams). So what do we now ? Who knows, but what I do know, is that waiting around endlessly for this magical cure isn't worth the time. We've been let down folks, that's all there is to it. Why would they cure hair loss ? or any sort of disease for that matter ? Surely you guys must know that the best customers are returning customers. It's all about the $$. Nothing will ever be cured. Optimistic is another word for delusional. That's my rant for the day. I don't know how you guys can be content with posting the same garbage over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    There's nothing to look forward to. It's the same old crap day after day. Let's be real here folks, the science isn't there. Not a single human being on this planet has grown a terminal hair follicle. Aderans folded like a year or whatever before their launch date, Histogen comes up with a kick ass solution and no one funds them, so their revolutionary treatment gets shelved, no one hears from them again.

Oh, and then the useless posts about new discoveries and cool stem cell treatments that will never touch this generation. I used to come on here every morning and night, waiting endlessly for this terrible dream to be over. I've accepted my fate that help isn't on the way. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Go on *** and check out the new technology section, it has over 70 pages that date back to the early 2000's talking about hair multiplication being released in just 5 years LOL.

I strongly suggest you guys don't hold your breath, it's a clear indication that no one cares to help us when you have companies like Histogen that have a state of the art treatment ready to be marketed and no one bothers to fund them. CLEAR indication that even if something was found, the chance that it would even make it to the market is LOW. The reality is that nothing has come out in the past 15 years since Finasteride. Not a SINGLE thing (besides the thousands of scams). So what do we now ? Who knows, but what I do know, is that waiting around endlessly for this magical cure isn't worth the time. We've been let down folks, that's all there is to it. Why would they cure hair loss ? or any sort of disease for that matter ? Surely you guys must know that the best customers are returning customers. It's all about the $$. Nothing will ever be cured. Optimistic is another word for delusional. That's my rant for the day. I don't know how you guys can be content with posting the same garbage over and over.
    It's hard to argue with the core of what you're saying. But it is possible to regrow terminal hairs and it has been done before. Swooping gave examples before: men taking large doses of estrogen and there was also that weird cancer causing drug that was tested in the '80s. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying; these are obviously not suitable treatments for hair loss. But the point is that the underlying process of regrowing hair once one has already suffered significant hair loss has been proven to be possible, at least under some circumstances. Perhaps there are other ways to trigger the same scalp hair reaction using different means (preferably ones that didn't cause one to grow breasts or develop cancer).

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post

So true. any of the "promising" new treatments will probably fold as well, since they are not miraculous. Even if a miracle solution is found tomorrow, you still have 15 yrs of trials this generation is screwed just like the millions of generations before us. I'd say there's a decent chance that our sons have a reliable and expensive treatment available in their lifetimes.