+ Reply to Thread

Wink 28 and hoping for the best!

I guess my story is similar to that of many other guys on this site, I started thinning in my early 20s but really never gave it much thought. By the time I hit 26 my hair loss was much more noticable and I started to recieve comments about it from friends, family, and girlfriends. I took the plunge and shaved my head which works well for now but eventually I would like to have a real hairstyle again! My self confidence has suffered greatly because of the hair loss; espcially since I work hard to stay in shape.

I started taking Propecia about 15 months ago and I also use Minoxidil once a day. I try my best to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and excrecise 5-6 days a week. I have to say I've noticed a good improvment in the quantity and fullness of my hair since I started this regimen. Unfortunately my hair is still noticably thin in the crown area. My hairline has receded a small amount but luckily is mostly intact.

My question to you guys is if I can expect continued improvement in the fullness of my hair or is it time to consider a hair transplant? I've read mixed reports on Propecia and Minox; some say it takes a few years to really ramp up the regrowth (including my dermatologist) and others say it loses it's effectiveness after a year or so. I'd like to go another year and see if things continue to improve with my current regimen but I also don't want to waste time if this is as good as it is going to get.

I appreciate any advice you guys have for me, I've attached a few pictures to give you an idea of where I am at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair1.JPG

Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	2846   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair2 (2).JPG

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2847  

I think we are at similar ages and in similar predicaments regarding transplants. I’ve been told to wait for 2-3 years and get into my 30s where hair loss traditionally slows and you can really assess where you will be for the next 15-20 years.

Conversely, we want to enjoy the best years of our life with hair..