+ Reply to Thread

Default ionic liquids facilitating deep skin penetration - helpful for topical dut/fin?

Might this be helpful for save topical fin/dut absorption? Im really not too well versed in the the whole science of it, so apologies if it is not relevant...Link to the article listed below (and some quotes that struck me as interesting).

"A team of scientists led by Dr. Samir Mitragotri from the University of California at Santa Barbara has shown the exciting possibility that ionic liquids (ILs), also known as liquid salts, dramatically improve the treatment of microbial biofilm skin infections by simultaneously exhibiting antibacterial properties, facilitating deep skin penetration of antibiotics, and displaying a positive safety profile."
    The skin transport properties was measured for its ability to carry mannitol, a harmless sugar, into skin. The ILs that successfully transported mannitol into a skin test system were assessed for their ability to transport a real antibiotic, cefadroxil . Measurements successfully showed that there was an increase of 16-fold of cefadroxil in the deep layers of the skin versus an IL-free control.
    http://www.neomatica.com/2014/09/07/...obial-killing/

Yes, it is interesting. But how to arrange it for fin/dut? At this point, we need something right away to dump some Fin/Dut/Ru/CB into that will increase effeciency and remove side effects. It's so depressinn that it's as simple as that, but we have no clue how to obtain and we stay here just watching our follicles drop away.

So basically we'd need a salt of finasteride/dutasteride/cb/ru or what not? Or am I misinterpreting this? ionic liquid is a salt in liquid form. ie. dissolved in water or some solvent, or perhaps molten (no thx).

I sent the professor an e-mail. I doubt I will get a response, but who knows.